Halo e liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

jward015

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2012
Charlotte
I've seen Halo advertised all over the internet and in the forums, however I've never actually tried it. I'm the type of person who only likes maybe one in every twenty liquids that I try. I've tried a few very large eliquid companies products such as Pink Spot, and Totally Wicked, but I didn't really like any of them. It seems that the small companies such as Alice in Vapeland have just hit the spot a little better for me. I really want to try Halo because of the reviews I've seen, and the amount of publicity they have, but I don't want to waste my money on something I really don't like.

So what's your personal take on them?

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Lab juices like Halos really can be hit or miss with different people.
Personally my experience wasn't good with Halo juices. I thought Tribeca was off the charts bad. Having said that, it wasn't fully steeped and shaking the bottle wasn't a habit at that time. I know towards the end of the bottle, it started to taste better.
At their price point though, there's nothing about Halo that Ahlusions or Vermillion River can't make as good or better.

DirewolfUSMC

Victory to the Bold
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Shorewood, IL, USA
I've seen Halo advertised all over the internet and in the forums, however I've never actually tried it. I'm the type of person who only likes maybe one in every twenty liquids that I try. I've tried a few very large eliquid companies products such as Pink Spot, and Totally Wicked, but I didn't really like any of them. It seems that the small companies such as Alice in Vapeland have just hit the spot a little better for me. I really want to try Halo because of the reviews I've seen, and the amount of publicity they have, but I don't want to waste my money on something I really don't like.

So what's your personal take on them?

I haven't tried Halo juices yet, but I was told that Evo and Halo are the same juice in different labeling. If you've tried Evo, then you've tried Halo.

You're in Charlotte - have you tried everything Mad Vapes and Smoke Less For Penny's has to offer? At least they are all within driving distance for you and I think Mad Vapes runs a 15% off all juices sale every Saturday.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I haven't tried Halo juices yet, but I was told that Evo and Halo are the same juice in different labeling. If you've tried Evo, then you've tried Halo.

You're in Charlotte - have you tried everything Mad Vapes and Smoke Less For Penny's has to offer? At least they are all within driving distance for you and I think Mad Vapes runs a 15% off all juices sale every Saturday.

Ah, no. They share a lab that makes the liquid -- not the recipes or mixologist (as far as I know). If it was just "Halo in disguise" they would have better reviews.

Who knows? Perhaps Evo is the island of lost Halo toys, and something that isn't ready for Prime Time gets cast to the plastic bottle bins of Evo. Could be.

Halo's line and liquids are unique, complex blends formulated to simulate flavors. They are different, they are unique, and they sometimes take a while to get used to. I happen to like a few. They are very clean juices, perform exceptionally well and stand out. Sometimes their complexities overwhelm a person, sometimes they won't register, and sometimes it hits the mark.

So far, I enjoy Torque 56, Freedom Juice, Turkish Tobacco, Shamrock and Voodoo the most.

Halo's juices are either love or hate. Give their sample packs or sample sizes a try and see for yourself. That's the only way to be certain.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
Everyone likes what they like. I'm a huge fan of Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale, Stout and Porter. I'm sure a lot of people would find them disgusting. I can't stand Budweiser, but a ton of people love it.

Everyone has a different sense of what tastes good. Halo's juices are pretty highly regarded. If you're intersted in them, buy a few small bottles or a sampler pack.

I regularly vape 3 Halo flavors - a blend of Menthol Ice and Mystic, Voodoo and Tiki Juice. I've tried about a dozen of their other flavors. They were good, but they were more of a novelty vape for me rather than a regular vape. There was only one flavor I found unvapable, but a lot of people love it.

Some people consider their juices expensive. $20 for 30ml easily keeps me off my former $11 per day smoking habit, so I don't find it expensive at all.

DanMcVap

May 31, 2013
SW Idaho
I like the Halo Tribecca, and Halo Turkish Tobacco. I like to mix about 1/4 cinnamon candy from Vapor Emporium with my tobacco flavors. I also do a 1/2 & 1/2 mix of Root Beer Float from Vapor Emporium with the Halo tobaccos. I tried a tobacco brand named BOLD and it was incredible...for the first few days, then it started to have a strong chemical taste. But you know what they say, one man's junk is another man's treasure.

DirewolfUSMC

Victory to the Bold
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Shorewood, IL, USA
Ah, no. They share a lab that makes the liquid -- not the recipes or mixologist (as far as I know). If it was just "Halo in disguise" they would have better reviews.

Who knows? Perhaps Evo is the island of lost Halo toys, and something that isn't ready for Prime Time gets cast to the plastic bottle bins of Evo. Could be.

I'm just repeating what a vendor told me, so for what it's worth...

If you like Torque 56, give Full Throttle a try from GeJ...virtually clones of one another.

DirewolfUSMC

Victory to the Bold
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Shorewood, IL, USA
I haven't tried Halo yet either, but they are definitely on my short list of vendors to try.

Is it me or are the amount of vendors who get good to excellent reviews a little overwhelming? My short list isn't really all that short. :laugh:

I hear ya. My "short" list is about 15-20 different vendors with an average of about 8 different flavors from each. Although, I do have a good supply right now of juices I actually DO like so I probably won't be working on that list for a bit. :D

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I love Halo Tribeca, prim 15, Tiki Juice, Shamrock and HX3

Did not like twisted java too candy cane like
Freedom juice was ehh, Midnight apple just had no kick
Java mocha just didn't do it

The menthols were good just not too much tobacco taste

I will say you have to let them breath 24 hours caps off and I like to wait a week before trying

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
I hear ya. My "short" list is about 15-20 different vendors with an average of about 8 different flavors from each. Although, I do have a good supply right now of juices I actually DO like so I probably won't be working on that list for a bit. :D

Yep, I too have a good supply right now, not only of juices that I DO like, but also juices I haven't even tried yet. When I smoked a pipe I had what was commonly referred to as PAD (Pipe Acquisition Disorder) and now that I'm vaping, I'm afraid that has turned into EAD. ;) I just can't stop ordering E-liquids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread