Halo e liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman399

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Olathe, KS
I'm vaping midnight apple as I type. I enjoy it. Got the new voodoo sample, I'm not so sure about that one but I do think based on it I would like the belgian cocoa. Their good juices. I tried nicoticket based on reviews and got the good sale price but alas I'm not big on them. Now their on the classifieds to be traded. It's hard out there for a newbie.

Jim Diamond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
North Texas
At their price point though, there's nothing about Halo that Ahlusions or Vermillion River can't make as good or better.

Totally agree with Rodeorat. If you like tobaccos, then NET's (naturally extracted tobaccos) are the way to go imho.
And add HHV to the list with Ahlusion and Vermillion River brands. JD

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
It's juice, and a lot of people like it. You should try some.
I've realized, there's just NO WAY to tell what's going to taste good to someone else!! I'll still try something others recommend, and read their descriptions - but the frequency with which it matches my taste is fairly low!

Examples:
I buy the "white label" (cheap) vanilla tobacco from a place called VapeSales
I dislike the "gold label" (supposedly better) Madagascar vanilla tobacco from VapeSales (go figure)
I like Turkish tobacco from DeKang that costs like $0.20/ml, steeped on it's way here from China
I understand people liking Heather's Heavenly tobaccos, but they're a little TOO strong a tobacco for me (and 4-5x the price of that Dekang!)
I don't like Boba's Bounty, probably the most raved-about juice in the world

Anyway - I like Tribeca, and I like Freedom from Halo. Like em quite a bit, and will probably have one or the other always in stock.

Digital Man

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Debary, Florida
I haven't tried Halo juices yet, but I was told that Evo and Halo are the same juice in different labeling. If you've tried Evo, then you've tried Halo.

You're in Charlotte - have you tried everything Mad Vapes and Smoke Less For Penny's has to offer? At least they are all within driving distance for you and I think Mad Vapes runs a 15% off all juices sale every Saturday.
I've had both Evo & Halo. Evo's Timber & Halo's Prime 15 are identical except for Pg/Vg ratio. I tried the tobacco variety pack from Halo & I was disappointed to say the least. Torque 56 tasted like grass, Turkish Tobacco tasted like nutmeg, Midnight Apple tasted like a cologne I wore in the 80's, Voo Doo tasted like cheap wine, Prime 15 & Longhorn...meh. Tribeca is vapable. However Iv'e tried a lot of the Evo's (Grape Vape, Caramel Coconut, Banana Blitz, Dark Chocolate) to name a few & right out of the box they're great IMHO.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
The quest for flavors is complicated as heck with many twists and turns. I focus more on finding individual flavors than a go to vendor. When a juice hits the mark I order a big bottle and move on. I've personally been disappointed more often than not with the hyped up juices on here but I've always been more of a find my own way person when it comes to things I eat, drink, and now vape.

I've ordered a lot of sample packs recently and there has only been one vendor where I found the majority to be off the charts. I suppose I got lucky but I've paid my dues with lame juices. I have a box of at least 15-20 little 3-6ml bottles that I will probably never touch again.

One thing that I learned early on, never buy a big bottle of anything based on what you read. If you are interested in some flavors buy the smallest bottle available and sampler packs whenever possible. When you find a juice you can straight vape a whole tank of then buy a big bottle right away. Don't hesitate and continue on the testing quest. Buy a big bottle the same day. Once you have 6-12 big bottles then it's time to enjoy satisfying predictable vaping for a while and just not worry about finding the next best thing.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Funny this is i used too like Halo,now i cant stand it,DIY is the only way.

Update: I think my taste buds are going crazy,now i like Halo Tribeca again,but this was after getting juice form another vendor tat tastes worst,i guess taste is not only subjective,its also relative.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I believe that's important for SOME juices, less important for others.
There are certain alcohol-based flavorings, and that could literally allow alcohol to evaporate out.
Or perhaps there some involvement with AIR that can assist the steeping process.

I will open a new juice, sniff, let some fresh air in, close it, shake it, and let it sit for a week.
I have found that basically unnecessary with Halo - they're big, they mass-produce, so you're not getting juice they made just for you. I presume occasionally, they'll ship to you from a fresh batch, and you might find it tastes different for a week as well...

Similarly, NicQuid comes presteeped - they're not big, but they do mass produce - it's a trade-off of (consistency and pre-steeped for limited selection)

I actually do NOT steep with the top off - but I have had "stinky" juices where I thought "if I left it open, some of the smell will HAVE to leave the bottle" LOL.

I've read it before but why cap off overnight? Is it essentially the same theory as with wine of letting it breathe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread