Halo Freedom Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

judyra

Jan 3, 2010
Florida
OK, so after all of my posts telling everyone that the Halo Newpure and Menthol Ice have no taste, no TH and no menthol flavor, I get up this morning, take my first hit of Newpure and think "Wow, this is pretty good". I couldn't explain it but suddenly they both tasted much, much better. Then, I got an e-mail response from Jay at Halo as follows..."The 24mg would definitely offer more of a throat hit than the 18mg. The strongest menthol flavor we offer is Menthol ICE, yet it still is not an overpowering menthol flavor. Most of our menthols are quite mild, yet get more powerful the more they are vaped. As the atomizer adjusts to our e-liquid, you should taste more menthol flavor." So ther you go. Seems that you just have to stick with it for a bit and the taste will get stronger and better. I'm also going to go up to the 24mg anyway.

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
judyra - glad to hear you're having a better vaping day! A lot of us have noticed that it does take a day or so to "settle in" with the flavors. I started with 24mg Menthol Ice and I liked it straight off the bat. I do get a throat hit on a good draw. I'm not a big fan of the hard hitting throat sensation though. A small sensation does me just fine.

I ordered the other two menthols just to compare, and I find the Newpure to be just a tad more flavorful than the Menthol Ice. Maybe I just enjoy the subtle vanilla I get from it (??) Taste is sooo subjective....

I rotate between all three though and like them all.

None of them are "sinus clearing" menthol blasts though, and that is what I like about them as an all-day vape. They are quite mild, but they have a lot of complex subtleties to them.

I'm vaping Newpure 24mg on my Tornado today and I'm experiencing it in a whole new way. I'm much more aware of the whole "flavor".

Anyway :thumb: vape on :)

Great thread! I am a menth smoker and have tried all three flavors that halo offers. Here is what I get from them.

Newpure: very minty not so much menth, kinda like a starburst after dinner mint.
Menth Ice: decent menth flavor with a little mint to it
Cool: So far the most menth flavor I have got out of any e-juice, this has become my every day vape. I just love it.

I also found if you mix the newpure 50/50 with menth ice, it is just an awesome flavor. Now I bounce back and forth between the "mix" and cool.

oh.... and if anyone has JC fluid that they don't like, Mix one dropper of JC with any of the halo menth flavors in a 3ml bottle and its almost perfect. It adds a nice amount of tobacco flavor, wich halo seems to lack. I think I will order a bottle of harley to mix next time.

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
Great thread! I am a menth smoker and have tried all three flavors that halo offers. Here is what I get from them.

Newpure: very minty not so much menth, kinda like a starburst after dinner mint.
Cool: So far the most menth flavor I have got out of any e-juice, this has become my every day vape. I just love it.

I also found if you mix the newpure 50/50 with menth ice, it is just an awesome flavor. Now I bounce back and forth between the "mix" and cool.

oh.... and if anyone has JC fluid that they don't like, Mix one dropper of JC with any of the halo menth flavors in a 3ml bottle and its almost perfect. It adds a nice amount of tobacco flavor, wich halo seems to lack. I think I will order a bottle of harley to mix next time.

I do that too! I love it! I had a brand new bottle of Newpure and I didn't screw the top back on... knocked it over and lost half the bottle :(
I ended up mixing the rest into the half bottle of menthol ice I had... I'm still vaping it!!

I've also added newpure, cool or menthol ice to other liquids that I didn't like at all and it's made them vapable.

Last night I mixed watermelon and newpure ... and it was really good! I haven't discovered all the delicious "flavors" everyone talks about - so that was a good first step for me :)

Lastone

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
Massachusetts, USA
I don't think I will be purchasing Harley and Freedom again. Too strong, perfume and feels heavy to my throat and lungs. It is great for supplementing other dry or less complex flavors but on their own they do not remind me of tobacco at all and feel to heavy. I gave them some time but they are not growing on my. Great vapor however and good TH.

the search goes on.... so far the most pleasant tobacco vape that I have had is by mixing 555 with kamel from Nobacco or Dekang.

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida

3 parts Menthol Ice to 1 part Harley = good stuff!

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA
Has anyone noticed that the HALO Freedom vapes a lot faster then Dekang? meaning that I am finding that a cart doesnt last as long.

Stubear was kind enough to send me a few Halo flavors and the first 1 I've tried today is the Freedom. It's got nice flavor, one of the nicest I've tried, good TH, and decent vapor. However, my first cart filling did seem to go awfully fast. I usually get 2/3 of a day off a fill, but this lasted me less than half a day. I'm wondering if it's because the juice is so thin.

Last edited:

KingVapor

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Texas
Yeah Freedom vapes a little fast, but I don't mind. I find myself craving this stuff now when I switch to other juices. I don't know if this is really a complaint, but sometimes the flavor is so consistent in my atomizer that I don't always know when I need to drip a few more drops. I'm left with a few nasty hits of dry atomizer sometimes.

Rick Taps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Wiesbaden, Germany
I live in Okinawa Japan and the order was shipped so fast! I ordered it on the 11th, it shipped out on the 12th and it was in my hands on the 18th! For an overseas APO that was extremely fast!

I ordered the Harley 56 12 mg and received that a 10 ml 12 mg of Freedom and a 5 ml 6 mg of Freedom. I gave the 5 ml 6 mg of Freedom to my friend who is definitely going to order more.

I tried the Freedom first and was NOT impressed. It tasted like I was smoking perfume... but I thought to myself, "Let it sit for a day just as others described" so I moved onto the Harley 56. It had a very unique flavor... but not quite as tasty as I wanted it to be. I continued to smoke my Flue Cured from LiquidXPress. The next day I tried both the Freedom and the Harley again and it was tasting much better. More palatable and better flavor. Today, I can't put either down. The Harley is tasting caramel-y (sp?) and I love, love, LOVE it! The freedom is so smooth... almost creamy. Both don't provide that strong of a throat hit... but I think I'm desensitized to TH nowadays. The vapor production is monstrous on my Tornado.

I'm very happy with Halocigs... they have found themselves a repeat customer.

Grandma Marcia

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
Faribault Minnesota
I was not sure my first vape of Freedom, but now I love it. Such a treat after some of the juices I tried. They also sent me a trial of Cool. I am not a menthol person, but I love it, such a nice refreshing taste. I think Halo has found the perect niche for making their juice. My hats off to Halo. I will be a repeat customer for sure.

ZERO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
people's republic
I was not sure my first vape of Freedom, but now I love it. Such a treat after some of the juices I tried. They also sent me a trial of Cool. I am not a menthol person, but I love it, such a nice refreshing taste. I think Halo has found the perect niche for making their juice. My hats off to Halo. I will be a repeat customer for sure.

+1 I am also a converted Menthol vaper.....

Halo has definitely something special.....
:evil:

Having just started vaping my memory of Kool cigs is quite fresh, course my taste buds are probably fried. The Cool juice doesn't taste like Kool cigarettes, tastes kinda like vanilla, with a hit of... almond maybe.

The taste of the menthol is spot on tho, tho the menthol itself isn't strong enough imo.

Sense this is my first vape, so I can't comment on vapor or thought hit, sense I have nothing to compare it to.

Next bottle I'll probably try the Menthol Ice, sense I like my mouth to be sub zero. :)

cliff

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Texas
well been looking for a good menthol sounds like this is it.only juice ive tried is tw's 36mg menthol.ive got an rn4081 and i love it.my wife and i started with a blu,i let her have it. been vaping since december.wife hasnt smoked analogs since feb 2.i still have 1 or 2 a day but not bad from a pack or better a dayl long live vapors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread