Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Will say this just in case anyone plays with Linda's flavor 'molecules' down the road

I definitely smell trimethyl pyrazine in Prime 15. And it stands to reason.

Trimethyl pyrazine is intended to add a nutty note. Add too much it turns to acetone. Add it to the right mix, you get rugged TH and nut, and its dry, so it compliments sweet quite well.

Prime 15 as I understand it is supposed to be Halo's take in 555, a nutty tobacco....hence...

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
I tasted the prime 15 at 10%, its dead on, but may be a tad weak. I upped it to 12%

The Ruyan at 10% was weak as I expected. I thought I was adding more flavor to this bottle, turns out it was Prime I was adding to Ruyan and I wrecked the batch lol. They do NOT mix well, not surprised. GOnna let that one sit for a month. In the mean time I mixed up a new batch of Ruyan/Tribeca at 15%

Haven't touched the true pure yet, but it smells dead on, increasingly so as it steeps. But the odd thing is, it doesn't have that pink tinge that True Pure has color wise. Interesting.

The Torque is dead on at 12%. Torque is not my favorite, but it does have a certain aroma, even stink, that I like and have been searching for to no avail. I'm excited to be able to add this note to other mixes. Halo simply over does this note often IMO

And if anyone is interested, the Ice Menthol is Menthol ice based on my lurking and trolling, but its out of stock, and not my favorite anyway. Curious which one is cool mist.

And TW flat out denied any association with Halo when queried LOL. I find this HILARIOUS.

Last edited:

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
so...

apparently I can't handle 80% PG. Its really weird, because my own mixes previous to this at 70-80%, vendor mixes and some goodies hoosier sent me are all totally fine

but the combination of these flavors and 80% PG is doing terrible things to me! I feel like my entire respiratory tract is on fire, I get that nauses feeling we all know too well that used to come with smoking cigs too fast...REALLY WEIRD

I tried vape wizard in the tribeca mess I made above, and it didn't do it, so I don't think its the flavor per se

The N/Port isn't doing it to me so much, but it maybe the menthol masking the irritation

And I have a tribeca batch at 56% PG that is far more OK, but still a hint of that irritation

I'm gonna keep the torque, prime and n port for VG dilution down the road

The tribeca botched batch went down the sink lol

Gonna mix up a new high VG batch right now

Kemosabe how's your prime at 12%?

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Nport is def a halo menthol, I'm just not sure which one anymore

Its starting to pink up a bit as I said, and at 13% its pretty much dead on...one of them

Halo menthols all taste the same to me, with subtle variations on tart vs. sweet

Cool mist has the most tart/bite with some sweet, true pure in the middle tart wise and driest, menthol ice the most full/wet bodied and sweet

This one is def cool mist or true pure (likely the latter), its just missing a touch of that dry/tart thing. Probably just the extra VG I added.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Tribeca clone is a real PITA!

from 10-15%, it smells like tribeca, but doesn't taste right. its weak on the body/richness side, and all I'm getting is sweet

I put a drop on my tongue, and honestly it tastes like a super concentrated ethyl maltol to me, straight up burnt sugar taste

I cut the flavor down to 6% and added 1 ml of the Torque clone (that's 9:1) and its alot closer IMO. Gonna let it sit for a while

The Torque clone just took me for a spin. I cut it to 5%, added 2 drops of bitter wizard and one drop of MTS vape wizard, which got rid of some of the sweet ness and the solventy tones, and now its a lot closer.

Totally doubting myself on this, because Hoosier says 10-12%, and his opinion is gold for me

but the Nport, State express and Tob Americ are all pretty much dead on regardless.

EDIT: The Torque clone IS surely weak at 5%. What I meant was I was doubting the need for MTS and BW, but I am enjoying it at this level nevertheless.

Last edited:

Arthure

Verified Member
Mar 29, 2012
Surprise, AZ
Torque clone seems a bit sweet to me. I tried from 100% pg and its about the same sweetness as torque. Maybe my vg is just too sweet it seems over powering. Have it at both 15 and 20 percent vg and sweet sweet maybe a torqueist undertone but by in large just sweet smoke. All were between 12and 15% flavor ratio. It is MFS brand pg vg and nic base at 48mg anyone have the same issue or are my tastebuds out of wack?

Arthur

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Just some thoughts

12-15 is on the high side, but could be right.

Start back down at 5% and gradually increase until you find the right spot

Do you have any other DIY flavors/add ons?

Is guess that halo goes 85% PG but either way I don't thats your issue

See my post above; I cut to7ish percent and added vape wizard and bitter wizard and it's totally smoothed out. Too much sweet and solventy bite are gone. And this current mix is >50% VG

Arthure

Verified Member
Mar 29, 2012
Surprise, AZ
Its something cigar or clove like to me more clove than anything i think, can't place it but is a good change from sweet. Never tried the clone 30mls goes along way its my palet cleaning vape. I do lie Smooth 8 though it is different though but can be addicting too as it is not sweet and i keep trying to describe it to myself. Its got me baffled as to what it is suppose to emulate.

I have walked away a back to te pv and he first couple toots is dead on then overly sweet on the torque clone. Now i think i need another bottle of real torque to verify my tastebuds. Lol

Arthur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread