Halo torque 56?

Status
Not open for further replies.

betaalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Queens, NY
Absolutely unimpressed. It is advertised by Halo as "unfiltered tobacco flavor and a serious Throat Hit". Sounds great, right? Well, maybe for some metrosexual person who used to smoke 10 light cigs a day or so this would really be a "serious throat hit" but if u are a 1PAD or more full flavor smoker - better look somewhere else.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Looking for people's thoughts on this juice. I'm looking for a good tabacco flavor without the sweet undertones. I know the taste will never be the real thing but I'm hoping to get as close as possible

I vape a nice strong tobacco flavor with very little sweetness. Great throat hit and vapor. It's called Silverthorn made by Johnson Creek. It's in their Red Oak line. It's a 100% VG. They also make another non-sweet tobacco called Domestic. Might want to check those out. I also do not like sweet tobacco flavors. That said, I can handle a little of the smoky sweet if it's not overwhelming. JC makes a good one called Tennessee Cured. Your call.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Tastes like ginger to me, and I didn't like it at all. Same goes for Freedom and Smooth 8 as well.
On the other hand, I love their Prime 15 and their Belgian Cocoa flavors.

The Prime 15 doesn't have any sweet undertones, but it definitely has a nutty flavor.

If you want a tobacco flavor without sweet undertones, I would recommend Vaperite Tuscany Tobacco.
And you can get three different flavors in their $7.00 tobacco sampler.

I'd also recommend the Dekang DK-TAB which I do not consider sweet.
And most everyone who tries it likes it.

betaalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Queens, NY
Not a big fan of torque 56. It has this minty undertone i dont like in my tobaccos. On the other hand Truepure is the .....

yup, that is my impression about their fresh juice too. Every flavor in Halo sample pack has menthol/mint undertone to the point that I could not even tell the difference between Prime 15 and Torque 56. They tasted the same minty to me.

After approx. 1 month of steeping that mint wears off (thanks god) and I can finally feel the difference.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It's funny how we all perceive differences in juices. I love Halo Torque56. It's a flat cigarette vape-a-like to me without sweetness or anything other than good reminiscent cigarette taste. Prime 15 is good, also. My wife hates it when I vape either of those. She says that the vapor smells like a sour dishrag.

She likes it when I vape Tribecca, though.

I agree that DK-TAB is a good vape with a hefty throat hit. I also like Dekang Red USA Mix. That's a fairly good tobacco flavor. 3&5 from Dekang is a little too much like a version of RY4, although it's a good change-up here and there. I like it, but only occasionally.

If you want a laugh, go to almost any juice site with a lot of reviews and read the ones for the juices you use. They will range from Great Stuff ... Daily Vape ... to YUUCK! (and worse). Like I said, it's funny how we perceive things differently!

And then, we have many people who vape straight PG with Nic. No flavoring and nothing else added. The ones who like that say it tastes just like smoking a cigarette.

Last edited:

betaalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Queens, NY
I also like Dekang Red USA Mix

Just curious what your wife says about this. While I like this vape in cartos (but not in clearos), the juice itself has a distinct ammonia (well, I could have written urine here :blush:) smell to me. And I wonder what does it smell like to other non-vaping persons.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Just curious what your wife says about this. While I like this vape in cartos (but not in clearos), the juice itself has a distinct ammonia (well, I could have written urine here :blush:) smell to me. And I wonder what does it smell like to other non-vaping persons.

I was low recently on my AwesomeVapor Camel juice a couple of months ago (it's my favorite daily vape) so I finished up a 50ml bottle of Red USA Mix and my wife was around most of the time. She never said anything about it. It was like she didn't notice. Another proof that odors and vapors are personal, I guess. ;) If she didn't like it, she'd have wrinkled her nose and commented.

So, I ordered more 50ml bottles of Red USA Mix, Dekang Desert Ship, and DK-TAB. That shipment came in yesterday.

Last edited:

Disk4mat

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2012
USA
Torque is like a medium flavored tobacco to me with a slight tang on the exhale. Not sweet and semi savory. Very aromatic. At 24mg the TH is right where it should be. This has been my go to flavor when everything else has failed.

I think Prime is more of a full flavor tobacco style. Very earthy and has a good amount of body to it. Rich tasting. On the exhale I sometimes get a chocolate kinda flavor. This one is not what I would call sweet.

Tribeca to me is light, fruity and sweet tobacco. Its not over done or too much. Not too rich. It vapes on the smoother side I think leaving a sweet tobacco like taste swirling about. This flavor in particular changes thru the day as I vape it. Maybe thats why I dont get tired of it ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I just got in a discussion with a guy who reviews e-cigs. He just got done with Halo's CG-6 and while testing the cig for two weeks he tried a bunch of their flavors. I asked how he liked them and he just couldn't conclude whether he liked them or not. Just kept saying they're different. Asked him if he could put them in a category and he said it's in a category all by itself. This comes from a guy who has vaped a zillion different juices. Personally, there are too many choices out there than to gamble on something that's "different". No thanks.

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
It's funny how we all perceive differences in juices. I love Halo Torque56. It's a flat cigarette vape-a-like to me without sweetness or anything other than good reminiscent cigarette taste.

This is exactly how I perceived it. I loved it from the first hit. It was pre-filled cartos.

On the other hand, I got the free Longhorn with it, and I can't stand it. It's too floral or something. I'mma let it steep a while and it will probably be alright. But I have to order some more Torque 56. Good stuff for my taste buds.

chris_hornsby13

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2012
Opelika, AL
www.youtube.com
yup, that is my impression about their fresh juice too. Every flavor in Halo sample pack has menthol/mint undertone to the point that I could not even tell the difference between Prime 15 and Torque 56. They tasted the same minty to me.

After approx. 1 month of steeping that mint wears off (thanks god) and I can finally feel the difference.
Thank god i thought i was the only one.

Kyl46&2

Aug 2, 2012
Minnesota
i had a 30ml bottle of smooth8 along with a sample of newpure and a 30ml of tabacco from american e-cig. all of witch i had to dump down the sink cause they were 2 years old. i actually tried to vape them to0. not bad at like 3.2- 3.8 volts but any higher and it was this nasty nasty throat hit. it was more like the burn you get from nic-gum. didn't think iwas gonna run out of juice, but i'm hitting like 5-6mls a day. 5th day off cigs. i only ordered 3 bottles of 10mls. a week away from payday and shipping time. sucks to be me. anyway i also thought the smooth 8 and newpure had way to complex of a flavor. not bad but not for me i guess. thought maybe the torque 56 would be the ticket but it sounds like they all have that complex ginger mint taste. thanks for all the suggestions. i will definitely try them. i liked the comments on how everyone seems to have such varied opinions on juices. i'd like to say the reviews help but what tastes good to one may be awful to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread