Halo torque 56?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucidAce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
right about here, USA
This thread is pretty funny; just seeing how the people who like it taste it differently and so do those who dislike it. I'm in the "like" category, and I think it tastes a bit nutty, but not in a sweet kind of way. I also couldn't tell you what kind of nut it tastes like to me. And I think Prime 15 tastes like Torque 56 but with a slight hint of chocolate. A few minutes after having a vape of it I get the slightest aftertaste of a peanut butter cup. Haha.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I vape a nice strong tobacco flavor with very little sweetness. Great throat hit and vapor. It's called Silverthorn made by Johnson Creek. It's in their Red Oak line. It's a 100% VG. They also make another non-sweet tobacco called Domestic. Might want to check those out. I also do not like sweet tobacco flavors. That said, I can handle a little of the smoky sweet if it's not overwhelming. JC makes a good one called Tennessee Cured. Your call.

Wow - finally found someone that likes JC - I vape the same 2 - just got Silvethorn - havent tried it - am sure it will be great.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
yup, that is my impression about their fresh juice too. Every flavor in Halo sample pack has menthol/mint undertone to the point that I could not even tell the difference between Prime 15 and Torque 56. They tasted the same minty to me.

After approx. 1 month of steeping that mint wears off (thanks god) and I can finally feel the difference.

Thanks for the info - just got the sample pack - am not liking any of em - was gonna throw em out - but now let em sit for a month and then test again.........

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Wow - finally found someone that likes JC - I vape the same 2 - just got Silvethorn - havent tried it - am sure it will be great.

damthisisfun, try blending the Silverthorn with the TN Cured (VG version) too. I tried differing ratios but ended up at 50/50. The Silverthorn knocks down some of the sweetness in TN Cured and the TN Cured smooths out the Silverthorn to make a rapturous vaping experience. I like both flavors very much alone and blended. It's like getting three flavors for the price of two. Try it...you'll like it.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
damthisisfun, try blending the Silverthorn with the TN Cured (VG version) too. I tried differing ratios but ended up at 50/50. The Silverthorn knocks down some of the sweetness in TN Cured and the TN Cured smooths out the Silverthorn to make a rapturous vaping experience. I like both flavors very much alone and blended. It's like getting three flavors for the price of two. Try it...you'll like it.

Have you tried and liked any other liquid? So far I have not. Also have you gotten in DIY yet?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Have you tried and liked any other liquid? So far I have not. Also have you gotten in DIY yet?

Yes, I have smoked Zee Cigs, four different flavors and nearly puked out every one of them. They all tasted like a funeral parlor (chemical/floral). I also smoked a few flavors of ProSmoke's juice (prefilled cartos only). I hear they are coming out with bottled juice soon. Theirs was just OK. Not bad just a bit too sweet for me. I'm big on Johnson Creek. Also like the Original. Domestic not so much. Got some Peach too that is a nice diversion when mixed with a little tobacco flavor. I am getting a sampler pack from Mountain Oak Vapors soon. I've heard lots of good about MOV. You might want to look them over. Like JC, they are American-made liquids. No DIY yet. Anything you have that you consider too harsh or flavorless, try blending it with some TN Cured. That's an excellent juice for giving life to otherwise unbearable liquids.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
does the peach from johnson creek have a good throat hit? i checked out the site last night and settled on it along with the silverthorn. not sure if i want a 15 or a 30ml though.

Yes, the Summer Peach gives a good throat hit. I have to mix some tobacco flavor with the peach because I'm not into fruit juices at all. That said, the peach still comes through loud and clear. Apricot is my favorite fruit and peach is a more subtle apricot flavor. That's why I tried the peach and I like it as a diversion two or three times a week. If you're a true fruit lover then you will like JC Peach. And enjoy that Silverthorn. That is a true tobacco lover's juice. Very little sweetness in Silverthorn.

Varrius

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
Houston, TX
I've got a sampler from Halo which I'm still letting steep. I did test out the sample Longhorn they sent as well as the Torque. I agree with the ginger/mint thing going on. They are bearable, but different for sure. I'm hoping some of the strangeness wears off as they steep.

So far I've also found JC to actually smell and taste a bit like tobacco. Out of all of the other vendors I've tried so far, their tobacco flavors don't smell or taste anything like tobacco to me. Granted, I'm still steeping many of them, but JC doesn't seem to need much steeping right out of the mail.

My only complaint about JC is the artificial smoke flavor they put in. It tastes a lot like liquid smoke, if you've ever experienced that. It can be interesting at low concentrations, but if you get too much.. yuck!

lestatmk

Aug 19, 2012
Petroupoli, Athens
+1 for JC
+1 for Torque
However I can not recommend JC as I prefer the Original, which in fact is rather sweet. Torque on the other hand is rather balanced, not quite as "unfiltered" as described, but smooth with a strong body and a mint undertone. Depending on your atty you can get different qualities and perception for the juice. In my opinion its an "honest" tobacco juice worth trying!

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
i get that steeping is more or less letting the juice sit for some time uncapped i think. is this more or less to let the flavor develop to its more true self? should this be done with most juices.

When I let my juices steep, I will uncap them briefly to let a little air in then let it sit with the cap on in a cool dark place for a few weeks. I have two bottles of Halo's Tiki Juice just hanging out waiting to be vaped right now.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
i get that steeping is more or less letting the juice sit for some time uncapped i think. is this more or less to let the flavor develop to its more true self? should this be done with most juices.
It usually only needs to be done with juices that are blended when ordered.
But knowing whether or not your juices are blended when ordered is the hard part.
:)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So let me make sure I understand this - e juice vendors dont steep the juice before they ship it out? Didnt know that. Thanks.
Some do and some don't.

If they offer only choices of nicotine strength, they probably make it beforehand.
If they offer choices of a PG or a VG mixture, they might make it beforehand.

If they offer any mixture of PG and VG you want, they probably make it fresh.
If they offer things like extra flavor, or methol added, they probably make it fresh.

The more of these types of customizations they offer the more likely it is that they make it fresh.

Last edited:

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
Some do and some don't.

If they offer only choices of nicotine strength, they probably make it beforehand.
If they offer choices of PG or VG mixtures, they might make it beforehand.

If they offer any mixture you want, they probably make it fresh.
If they offer things like extra flavor, or methol added, they probably make it fresh.

The more of these types of customizations they offer the more likely it is that they make it fresh.

Hmmmm - thanks - makes sense - so Halo then should be steeped already - dont think they offer anything but nico strength....why oh why does my halo taste so..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread