Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Alright. Serious question time.

I have 3 G6 batteries that do just ok for me. I still get serious cravings for an analog (doesn't help that the Missus still smokes) that are sometimes undeniable. Is the Triton that much better? I seriously want to kick the analog habit completely, but am going through a pretty stressful time in life right now (getting laid off in two weeks, moving to Ohio, listing the house, etc.). I'm hoping that the Triton may be able to kill all cravings and push me over the edge.

I recently bought some carts and LR carts to test out. Here are my findings-

Well, I completed my experiment with cartos and LR cartos- pre-filled with Menthol Ice and self-filled on the LR, also with Menthol Ice on a Titan 900 mAh battery. I now see why I could not quit smoking on cartos. For my purpose- a small one or two hitter I can walk around with that fits in the palm of my hand, the cartos are fine. Throat hit, vapor production are decent- about on par with BLU Premium 100 cartos on a VEA. The LR cartos noticeably better- better throat hit, more taste, more vapor- I also spiked the LR carto with a bit of 36 mg Fusion. After playing with the cartos for an hour, I switched to a tank filled with Menthol Ice. Wow, what a difference! There's no going back.

You may just want to get a couple mini tanks for the G6. They are significantly better than the carts, but only about half as good as the tanks, in my opinion.

Team RamRod

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Monticello Minnesota
I recently bought some carts and LR carts to test out. Here are my findings-

You may just want to get a couple mini tanks for the G6. They are significantly better than the carts, but only about half as good as the tanks, in my opinion.

I have the LR carts and 2 mini tanks already. LR carts seem to have better vapor production than the tanks, but the flavor from the tanks is much cleaner. I think it is just time to buck up and order the Triton.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
Alright. Serious question time.

I have 3 G6 batteries that do just ok for me. I still get serious cravings for an analog (doesn't help that the Missus still smokes) that are sometimes undeniable. Is the Triton that much better? I seriously want to kick the analog habit completely, but am going through a pretty stressful time in life right now (getting laid off in two weeks, moving to Ohio, listing the house, etc.). I'm hoping that the Triton may be able to kill all cravings and push me over the edge.

I haven't used the G6, but I'm pretty sure the Triton would be a worthwhile step up. Cartos and mini tanks on my Triton don't fully get the job done for me. Using the Triton and tanks, I have pretty much zero desire to smoke a cigarette.

I smoked a pack a day for 20 years
My wife still smokes
I'm on unemployment
I have a 2 1/2 year old
I have a 2 month old
I relocated back home about a year ago after getting laid off
I live in my father's house (it is, or at least was income property, he's not living here)

Not making this about me. Just saying I know stress too. The Triton easily took over cigarettes for me. I started on Blu disposables during some temp work, and they held me over for the shift, but the first thing I did when i left was chain smoke 2 cigarettes, then have another about 20 minutes later. When i used the cartos with the Triton, it was a little better than the Blu disposables, but nothink like the full sized tanks.

I'm not saying it won't work for you, but if you're just getting by with the G6, I'm pretty sure it'll work out the way you want it to.

Team RamRod

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Monticello Minnesota
I haven't used the G6, but I'm pretty sure the Triton would be a worthwhile step up. Cartos and mini tanks on my Triton don't fully get the job done for me. Using the Triton and tanks, I have pretty much zero desire to smoke a cigarette.

I smoked a pack a day for 20 years
My wife still smokes
I'm on unemployment
I have a 2 1/2 year old
I have a 2 month old
I relocated back home about a year ago after getting laid off
I live in my father's house (it is, or at least was income property, he's not living here)

Not making this about me. Just saying I know stress too. The Triton easily took over cigarettes for me. I started on Blu disposables during some temp work, and they held me over for the shift, but the first thing I did when i left was chain smoke 2 cigarettes, then have another about 20 minutes later. When i used the cartos with the Triton, it was a little better than the Blu disposables, but nothink like the full sized tanks.

I'm not saying it won't work for you, but if you're just getting by with the G6, I'm pretty sure it'll work out the way you want it to.

This is the type of affirmation I am looking for. I want to quit, but it is tough right now. I've read and heard great things about the Triton, and am hoping it will be the final step!

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
The Triton is great for throat hit and clouds of flavor, and it's a warm vape so it's very much like smoking. It's not too much larger than a cig-alike and fits confortable in the hand.

I started on FINs, got my Triton and was blown away by the difference. And I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 30 years. Right after I got my Triton, I got fired from my full-time job. And because I had the Triton, I didn't need a cigarette. Believe me, I thought about it. But the Triton was, and still is, enough to satisfy those cravings... and even stress.

Did I mention it hits well, and the clouds of vapor?

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
This is the type of affirmation I am looking for. I want to quit, but it is tough right now. I've read and heard great things about the Triton, and am hoping it will be the final step!

Sorry, I mistyped a line. I meant to say I'm not saying it'll definitely work for you, but if the G6 is just enough to get by, the Triton should easily get the job done.

I got my Triton in the mail on a Thursday afternoon. After using it, I had one cigarette before bed that night, and 3 on Friday (first thing in the morning, after dinner and before bed). Other than when I ran out of juice for a day, I haven't had a cigarette since. During that time I've had to put my cat of 16 years down and had 3 interviews for jobs that I was more than qualified for but got passed over. 2 of those jobs went to people who hadn't even finished their degree yet. I'm also Mr. Mom doing grocery shopping, cleaning, and fighting with my 2 1/2 year old to eat and get dressed every day. Needless to say my stress level is still pretty high, yet the Triton has kept me off cigarettes.

I get the urge every now and then, but nothing an extra couple of drags Menthol Ice or Tiki Juice doesn't cure. If I'm really jonesing, HX3 tastes like a cigarette without being disgusting.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Cool. I've only just recently gotten a Triton batteries and clearomizers setup, and I'm fairly happy with it so far. Currently I'm just waiting on a reorder of some better all VG e-liquid I prefer to get more out of this setup. With sub par juice the Triton batteries and clearomizers are actually doing a pretty good job, and I expect they'll do even better with better VG juice. I'd go on more about it, but it's late and I'd better get to bed before my wife starts yelling at me for staying up too late.

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT

You never of course know what will really work for you without trying it, but IMHO, the difference in "hit" and vapor from the Triton really makes it a more satisfying experience. I managed to quit smoking with the blu ecig, but I struggled all the same. Once I moved to the Triton, it just hasn't even been something that I think about anymore. I'm a vaper, not a smoker.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Certianly the vapor production of the Triton is nice, and the Triton clearomizer is very user friendly for the type of device it is, but I'm actaually contemplating trying out the smaller automatic G6, or SI's similar Volt batteries. I can handle a button operated manual battery well enough, but it does disrupt the pleasure of vaping somewhat. I also find the click noise you get when using these buttons (on just about any manually operated battery, regardless of brand) to be just a little annoying. The button on the Triton batteries also tends to rattle a bit as you roll the battery around in your fingures, which is also ever so slightly annoying.

Then there is the whole issue of the button getting pressed accidently in your pocket, which can be a not too good thing. Yes, like many other manual batteries of this type, you can turn off the button by pressing it 5 times quickly, then reactivate it by doing the same again, but this is hard to remember to do all the time when pocketing the device. That's just one more feature about these larger batteries that requires more fiddling. I don't really want to have to fiddle with my e-cigarettes much. I already have to fiddle with recharging batteries and refilling cartomizers or clearomizers, then remembering to reorder e-liquid, batteries and cartridge devices when necessary.

Okay, that sounded like a bit of a rant. I apologize. I guess I'm missing my old fiddle free ECHO automatic fat batteries, but their cartomizers and clearomizers weren't exactly fiddle free either, or I wouldn't have switched to trying out a Triton in the first place. The Triton gear is a good set of equipment, but personally I feel like I may be better served with an automatic battery, even if it is limited by a smaller battery charge and overall power compared to a Triton. One can always just carry a PCC, extra batteries and extra cartomizers or mini-tanks, and I usual carry extras anyway, even with a Triton, just in case I need them.

Since I just invested in some Triton gear I'm not likely to switch down to something like a G6 anytime soon, but I can see that I probably will sometime in the future. Or, I may just go back to an ECHO setup, using adapters to use better (compared to ECHO) 510 threaded clearomizers. That's not a vote against Halo's Triton system, just me expressing my own personal quibbles when it comes to e-cigarettes. I hope Halo will come out with an automatic Triton battery. That'd be a nice, more carefree type of setup I could go for.

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
I have the LR carts and 2 mini tanks already. LR carts seem to have better vapor production than the tanks, but the flavor from the tanks is much cleaner. I think it is just time to buck up and order the Triton.

That's been exactly my experience with LR cartomizers and mini-tanks/clearos on the G6. I can get some pretty impressive vapor from the cartos but the flavor seems a bit "filtered." That's not always a bad thing, though. With the mini-tanks, I taste more flavors in the juice (not all of them good) and I seem to consume it more quickly, too. I find it convenient to use cartos when I'm out of the house and mini-tanks when I'm home

So, I got my hands on a Triton battery (w/suitable charger) to try out with my G6 cartos and clearomizers. It's working great so far but I found that while the standard cone fits a carto perfectly, the opening is too small for a mini-tank/clearo. Would the large cone work? The website doesn't say specifically.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
I only have the large cone, but I'm pretty sure the large cone has the same diameter opening. I think the only difference is the large cone is longer. Mini tanks don't fit in my large cone. I've seen a pic of one fitting though; no idea how.

If you've got a Triton, the Triton tanks are a no-brainer. They hold more juice, the tip screws down, the coils are replacable, but the biggest advantages are more flavor, vapor and throat hit. IMO there's nothing the mini tank does that the Triton tank doesn't do better.

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Mojave Desert, CA
cmfractals.com
That's been exactly my experience with LR cartomizers and mini-tanks/clearos on the G6. I can get some pretty impressive vapor from the cartos but the flavor seems a bit "filtered." That's not always a bad thing, though. With the mini-tanks, I taste more flavors in the juice (not all of them good) and I seem to consume it more quickly, too. I find it convenient to use cartos when I'm out of the house and mini-tanks when I'm home

So, I got my hands on a Triton battery (w/suitable charger) to try out with my G6 cartos and clearomizers. It's working great so far but I found that while the standard cone fits a carto perfectly, the opening is too small for a mini-tank/clearo. Would the large cone work? The website doesn't say specifically.

I got the larger cones, but they won't fit over the mini-tanks. Some people have made them fit by filing off a bit of the top. I haven't bothered to do that because I'd rather be able to see the juice level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread