Halo Triton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
Yeah, its a Halo "trade secret", can't be getting Cinder Ella in trouble now! ;)

Halo ejuices are an excellent match for the Triton tanks, whatever the PG/VG ratio is. Seems like I can vape Tribeca and Malibu forever without having to clean out the tanks or change coils. Just keep topping it off for weeks on end.

Some ejuices can really "gum up" after sitting in a clearomizer and not cleaning it out after a short time, which of course shortens coil life and wicking performance.

One of the problems with 100% VG is that generally it has to be thinned with distilled water to make it less syrupy, and as you vape, the water cooks off at a faster rate, leaving a pretty poor-flowing residue.

The same holds true for cartomizers. With an 80/20 down to a 60/40 ratio, I can get a good number of refills, but much below that, the polyfill in cartos quickly gets gummed up and greatly reduces the amount of times you can get a quality refill.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
So far, plugging in a dead battery or fully charged battery or anywhere in between it blinks 3 times when it's put on the charger and 6 times when taken off the charger. I'll keep checking!

Maybe it was all the ... I did in the 60's, because now all I get is 3 flashes when plugging in and 6 when unplugging.

*For the record, I was born in '76 and I've never done ....

F Bailey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The Twist is 900mAh and it is about a quarter of an inch longer than the 1300mAh

Don't get me wrong, i love my 1300mAh, it's what i take with me for the day because i know it will last. Just not sure if i want one even longer than that.

If you send me one, uhm hmm.... i will test it and write a review.

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
Good review. I bought the Triton kit after Smoken Joey's review. I think the Triton is definitely a game changer in the e-cig world. I had the same reaction to the Triton as I did when I switched from a Windows PC to my first e-Mac back in the late '90's- wow, it just works!

Agreed! What I really keep coming back to though is Halo's "ecosystem". Slowly other ecig companies are marketing eGo variant kits, and they are good, like Apollo's Superior eGo kit, but Halo IMHO has just done a better job offering the best available tank, and the tasteful appearance and workmanship of all parts. The real "Halo advantage" to me though is the variety of parts associated with the Triton as well as G6.

Who else offers 3 kinds of cartomizers (standard, XL, and LR), a large tank with replaceable coils as well as a mini-tank; 400/650/900/1300/vv Twist/& Pass-through batteries; and replacement coils in several different resistances? That is a lot of flexibility within one coordinated vaping system.

While some may argue that a conventional eGo/510 threaded battery would have given users access to a wider variety of gear, I prefer to get gear that is guaranteed to match my PV, from a trusted vendor. Besides, outside of one of the more esoteric mods, Triton really offers more than enough to meet all of my vaping needs. I can go "small" when it suits my activities, all the way to an all-day + vaping set up within the same architecture. In fact, how many places even carry the Low Resistance cartomizer, that makes my "on the run" set up give me a high-quality vape without bulk. Not to mention that all the G6 users out there can easily move up to Triton if/when they want, without sacrificing most of their hardware.

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
As a noob who did a lot of homework the biggest thing ill give to the triton is the sleekness of the design. At the least I would guarantee that halo will lead the pack in first time kit buyers. Well marketed, well reviewed and beautiful enough of a piece that you won't mind giving up the flexibility of other products

Yep...the batteries are nicely finished, great colors, and very tastefully logo'd...however the other kicker is that the Triton tanks are clearly above the usual CE4 type non-replaceable coil 1.6ml clearos that many of the other eGo style kits come with.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
The Triton starter kit is my first vape gear aside from a few Blu disposables. I bought it for several reasons...

There's way too much stuff out there, and it was really difficult figuring out what was what. I was thinking an eGo setup, but there's way too many variations - eGo, C, T, W and twist. Still haven't figured out the differences between most of them. Then there's different brands of eGo. Then there's different tanks, cartomizers, and tankomizers. Then which vendor to buy from.

Then after taking a that crap-shoot, deciding on juices and vendors. Single shot of flavor or double shot. VG/PG ratios.

AbqDave suggested Halo Triton and juices in my thread in the beginner's section. I hadn't heard of Halo, so I looked at their website. Finally a straight forward product. Finally straight forward juices. And all from one vendor.

So I looked up reviews. Not a single bad one (but are there many bad ones?). I was pretty much all set to buy a Triton when I came across a YouTube review done by a girl comparing the G6 and Triton. Immediately sold me. She had the answer to every question I had in her review.

I don't think Halo has any truly unique hardware. The batteries are probably eGo batteries modified/made to their specs. The tanks are probably Kanger T2 (or T4 for the mini tanks) modified to fit their batteries. But it made everything easy, as there's no mixing and matching. Halo doesn't sell a few different brands and piece-meal starter kits together. Everything works together and there's no guess work.

All the reviews said their stuff is top quality. While I haven't owned or much less seen the competition's gear, I have no doubt the Halo stuff is solid. There's comparable systems that are a few bucks cheaper and some are a few bucks more, so it's not like I paid a hefty premium for simplicity.

I have zero complaints and only high praise for everything I've bought from Halo. I've thought about getting a different brand vv battery because I'm getting a bit impatient, but Halo's been great to me and for me, so I can wait a while longer.

SoulFool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2010
Delaware
Question for anyone with a Triton 400 mAh battery… or Cinder Ella. Does the 400 have the same soft feel as the 650+ mAh batteries? I read the Triton has the same soft feel as the blue G6 I bought when they first came out and I really liked it. Reason why I'm calling out the 400 is because I own a non-joytech 400 mAh eGo. I love the small size for on-the-go but it has more of a plastic feel compared to the soft feel of the 650+ Joyetech, which I prefer.

I haven't purchased a Triton yet. I've been very satisfied with my eGo-C w/shorty cartomizers and eRoll. But the positive reviews I'm reading about the whole Triton system, along with Halo's track record for quality products, have won me over. Unfortunately the starter kit color options I would consider are out of stock. Which reminds me, on Halo's site, it looks like there are two fields for your battery options when you order a kit. Can you alternate the batteries capacities? If so I would just choose a 650 and 400 as my kit. If not, that's where I'd like to know about the feel of the 400 before I decide. Thanks!

Last edited:

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
Battery options are either 400mah or 650mah. As long as they are in stock with both sizes, I believe that you could order one of each, as the option is set up that way (Battery 1/Battery 2 selectable)

The Triton 400mah battery is the same as all other Triton batteries in terms of finish & feel. In fact, so is the Triton vv twist, 900mah & 1300mah batteries.

SoulFool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2010
Delaware
Thanks Pete! Good to know, I hope I CAN order both. I'll definitely try that when they're back in stock. I'm hoping for a 400 and 650 in black. I noticed they didn't make a white Triton? I just received my white Joyetech eGo-C a couple days ago and it's a really nice change up over the black battery for the summer. But in the end I think black is THE classic "fat" battery color.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I just got my Triton today, I am blown away. This thing is soooo solid and such a nice quality. Couldn't be happier so far. The only thing I am really upset about is they didn't send me the two battery colors I request (yellow and black), they only sent me two black batteries. I guess they didn't want to be bothered changing out colors in the kit....too bad.....

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
I just got my Triton today, I am blown away. This thing is soooo solid and such a nice quality. Couldn't be happier so far. The only thing I am really upset about is they didn't send me the two battery colors I request (yellow and black), they only sent me two black batteries. I guess they didn't want to be bothered changing out colors in the kit....too bad.....

I didn't think you could order two different colors in one starter kit. When I ordered mine (about a month ago) I had the option of different sized batteries, but I don't remember different colors.

Team RamRod

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Monticello Minnesota
Alright. Serious question time.

I have 3 G6 batteries that do just ok for me. I still get serious cravings for an analog (doesn't help that the Missus still smokes) that are sometimes undeniable. Is the Triton that much better? I seriously want to kick the analog habit completely, but am going through a pretty stressful time in life right now (getting laid off in two weeks, moving to Ohio, listing the house, etc.). I'm hoping that the Triton may be able to kill all cravings and push me over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread