Halo - ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoDahDo

Oct 26, 2020
What's going on with Halo.. No-one seems to be carrying their juice anymore.. I tried to order from them and they won't ship juice to NYS.. Their web site has next to nothing on it for hardware and coils and it's been messed up to the point it's virtually impossible to navigate. Going to miss the Tribeca which they are only selling as Pg no more High VG.. "Selling" to you providing you live in a FREE State I guess. Is Halo going under...?

• Optimistic
Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

DoDahDo

Oct 26, 2020
Well I guess my only hope when my stash becomes depleted is to have Halo (if they are still in business which is doubtful) ship my PG Tribeca to a friend in a Free State, then cut it with some Walgreens VG to 30/70 from 70/30. Looks like the same purchase/shipping method would apply to any juice company here behind the Iron Curtain of NY.. If my Grandkids were not here I'd be gone like so many others are doing...

• Optimistic
Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
While I think their headquarters may still be in NY I knew when they moved their distribution center to Florida a few years ago things were changing. Halo sadly followed the same model Blockbuster did and would not change with the times. People who were long time customers found other cheaper ways to get the flavors they desired and Halo stayed at a high price point way too long. They did change, but it was far too late.

In 2014 if you walked into any vape shop around the country you were almost guaranteed to see those little cobalt blue bottles behind the counter. If Tribeca and Prime 15 are ever gone forever it will be a sad day for us vapers who have been around for a while.

• Agree
Reactions: newyork13

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Dudes!

Halo has submitted 4 flavors to the godless FDA for the approval thing. IIRC, Tribeca, Sub-zero, Turkish Tobacco and their unflavored. (wonder if they have a strategy of selling the unflavored with some "flavor drops" to get around the cost of multiple submissions...)
Just before the vapeapocolypse, they were selling stupid cheap. I got 4 bottles of 60ml Torques for under $30.
But they are following the guidlines now, and can only offer juices that they have submitted.
The NYS non-shipping has nothing to do with Halo. And everything to do with the mindless chumps in Albany who think they are saving our youths.
My dad lives in western Ct, and I had my last Halo order shipped to him.

Good luck, stay safe. vote.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Well I guess my only hope when my stash becomes depleted is to have Halo (if they are still in business which is doubtful) ship my PG Tribeca to a friend in a Free State, then cut it with some Walgreens VG to 30/70 from 70/30. Looks like the same purchase/shipping method would apply to any juice company here behind the Iron Curtain of NY.. If my Grandkids were not here I'd be gone like so many others are doing...
I agree with being gone. I'm trying hard to get out of MA. Between the vaping stuff (75% excise tax on vaping stuff, ever heard of a 75% tax on anything??) and the heavy handed lockups, I'm fed up.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Dudes!

Halo has submitted 4 flavors to the godless FDA for the approval thing. IIRC, Tribeca, Sub-zero, Turkish Tobacco and their unflavored. (wonder if they have a strategy of selling the unflavored with some "flavor drops" to get around the cost of multiple submissions...)
Just before the vapeapocolypse, they were selling stupid cheap. I got 4 bottles of 60ml Torques for under $30.
But they are following the guidlines now, and can only offer juices that they have submitted.
The NYS non-shipping has nothing to do with Halo. And everything to do with the mindless chumps in Albany who think they are saving our youths.
My dad lives in western Ct, and I had my last Halo order shipped to him.

Good luck, stay safe. vote.
Yes, (and hi again @DaveOno) it has nothing to do with the vendor, but all to do with the mindless idiots in state governments. Just pathetic.
But, if you look around, the farther "left" a state government is, the more tyrannical its anti vaping regs are. Look at NY, or here in MA.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I really like Vuse Alto's Rich Tobacco. Someone posted here that Vuse Alto Rich Tobacco is Halo's Freedom Juice. So I thought I'd pick up some to put a few drops in my NET's I use for RTA's & refillable pods. I was surprised to find the same thing- that Halo only has a couple of products they've submitted PMTA's for.

I couldn't even find it at another vendor. But if it's true that Vuse is using their juice, they must have submitted PMTA's for the Freedom Juice on their own, I guess.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
That's interesting that Halo may have sold their Freedom recipe to Big Tobacco/RJ Reynolds (Vuse) or gave them rights to rebrand it under Alto Rich label.

I wonder how much RJ paid for that or if they just "reverse engineered" Freedom and got lucky.
Not sure, but I saw it posted here that Halo was their supplier. I believe it's likely true, because they said the Vuse standard was Torque 56. I had some Tribeca, Turkish, and Torque from back before my diy days, and it tasted exactly the same. Since Halo isn't selling it, I guess they sold the rights to it, and kept their biggest sellers.

I'd love to get my hands on a bottle or two of the Freedom Juice to mix with my homemade, if I could find it in the US.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Not sure, but I saw it posted here that Halo was their supplier.
Halo is/was the largest juice manufacturer in the country. Remember, they led the litigation trying to stop this deeming thing. They are very protective of their secrets. When recipes appeared using certain Hagstrom(?) flavors, they essentially bought out the flavor, making it unavailable to the general public to diy.
In my opinion, they are selling internationally, and I think, they are betting that after this first wave of FDA submissions, the rules will change and make it far easier and cheaper to submit other flavors.

I really miss the Halo-ween Number's Contest. (and all the other great contests that Cinder Ella used to run so well.) Some 7 years ago, it was the reason I joined the ecf.

:)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Not sure, but I saw it posted here that Halo was their supplier. I believe it's likely true, because they said the Vuse standard was Torque 56. I had some Tribeca, Turkish, and Torque from back before my diy days, and it tasted exactly the same. Since Halo isn't selling it, I guess they sold the rights to it, and kept their biggest sellers.

I'd love to get my hands on a bottle or two of the Freedom Juice to mix with my homemade, if I could find it in the US.

IIRC, that's what Johnson Creek (remember them?) did. They supplied at least one of their popular tobacco flavor concoctions to some other big ecig brand. I think it was Blu?

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I never tried them either.
    When I started in 2017, they seemed to be THE name in tobacco juices. But IIRC, people here were complaining at the time about recipes changing or something, so I ordered elsewhere. Indigo & Halo. But then JC went out of business a few months later. I do remember reading back then that one of the more popular cigalikes then used their juice.

Reactions: Skeebo

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    varperzon has a few flavors, but the ultra salts seem to be gone. I did get a handfull of flavors before they closed them out, should have bought more.
    Funny- couldn't find vaperzon at first (no e in the name), but found this:
    Halo and Vaprzon
    They're saying they're an affiliate/subsidiary of Halo's parent?

Odd too- Vaprzon has the Freedom juice. But they don't show the size of the bottle, even in the cart. For the price, probably 30ml, but...

Reactions: jwbnyc

DaveOno

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    With how hard Halo fought (where big tobacco and Vuze was on the other side) during that deeming court case, I'd be surprised and astounded if Halo then got into bed with RJ Reynolds and Vuze. It is possible that Vuze just concocted something very close.

Having said that, bottom line is money, and everyone has their price.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread