Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I've drilled all my rba's (total 10) with a set of those drill bits. Can't remember the number. (no fractions but it's about 1.5-2.0 mm). To much math at this time and to lazy to go look at the drill index. Just be gentle and get ready to burn up some drill bits. That SS is hard.

IcyX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
CT
I've drilled out a couple of my rba's and rbd's. The top caps are easy to drill, I usually just hold it in my hand and apply light pressure with the drill. Drill slow and let the bit do the work. A vise would probobly be a very good idea but I would use something to protect the atty from getting mashed up. I've used a piece of leather from an old belt to protect my aga-t from the giant channel locks I used to hold it when I drilled the wick hole out. Also using the right bit, metal vs wood drill bits, makes a huge difference even when your drilling through something thin like then the cap of a igo or aga. Harbor frieght tools has pretty decent and cheap drill bit sets for metal. Good luck and vape on!

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
I used a nail punch with a tap from a hammer to get a little dent started. This helped keep the drill bit in place.
I tried to go with a 1.2mm bit at first, but snapped it on the SS of the IGO-L cover. Ended up just pushing a 1/16 through there, which is plenty rigid enough drill through. If you have a drill press, even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread