Status
Not open for further replies.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
My pleasure!

First of all, I received mine yesterday. I only became aware of the Hana Modz v3 last week and found my way into the thread about SSVapes. I started sending email messages to vendors asking when they might have them in stock. (I think this was Wednesday). Following 4 email messages and maybe 3 hours I got a message from a vendor that he had a few on hand and I could buy one of those. I asked if I could inform others in the forum that he had some and he asked me not to because they were getting a larger shipment this week. I'm glad he was right.

After one day, my first impression is very favorable. Fit and finish of the device is great. All the edges are smooth. I've seen a couple of complaints on youtube, but I have none of these problems. The battery fits perfectly and does not rattle. If you sit the device on a solid surface with the correct battery installed (I'm using a Sony VTC4), the LED display doesn't go out. The battery doesn't rattle.

The only issue that I've seen is one mentioned by riptripper, and that's the stain. When I first removed the device from the package there was a stain near the 510 connector. I dipped a q-tip in alcohol and wiped the stain away. That's it! I've tried all the known button combinations -- LED right, LED left, lock device, lock wattage, normal mode, stealth mode, wattage up, wattage down and everything works as designed.

So far I've used the KFL+ and the IBtanked 22mm cartomizer on it, and both have worked flawlessly.

All in all, a great device that I'm very happy with. Would I have liked to paid less for it -- absolutely! Based on what I've paid for other mods, is it worth $250? I think so. I have absolutely no regrets about this purchase and it's already my favorite among the 6 mods I own.

I was actually going to make a thread just like this, thanks!

Last edited:

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
My pleasure! ... ... ....

Yea some jack hole posted a rant video about the display cutting out. Its a VERY easy fix. The bottom negative contact can get bent down if you use nipple tops. All you have to do is *carefully* hold the black battery holder and with your other hand slowly bend it up a little bit. I did it one time after putting a nipple top in there and have not had to do it since with using just flat tops. You can also buy little rhodium earth magnets on amazon that essentially turn flat tops into nipple top thus eliminating the problem as well. That guy posted a 10 min rant about something I solved in 30 seconds of google searching. Some people I swear lol. Here is the vid if you want a good laugh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsi_EfFrLN8

Thats funny about the stain, I heard Rip say that but has not been my experience what so ever. Maybe its only certain types of E liquid? I would just recommend a skin to prevent that and scratching Hana Modz – Vapor Skinz there only like $18 or so.

What color and size did you get Mykereid?

Last edited:

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Yeah, I watched that dill weed yesterday. Shame anybody can get a camera now. The thing I hate most about smartphones. :homy:
It's hard to imagine the build on these mods can be that different. I installed the battery -- snug as a rug -- put the back plate back on and I've never heard a peep.

I got from Rip's video that it is likely stained by juice, but mine was brand new out of the box. As far as I know, no juice had ever touched it. But again, I could have gone on ECF and complained about the paint finish on it, or as I did, wet a q-tip and wipe it off. Unlike those in that other thread, I chose the easy solution.

Great minds think alike! I ordered the clear carbon fiber from Vapor Skinz before I had received the mod. I'm hoping it comes in before Thursday when I take it on the road with me for 5 days.

I got the Red full. What's yours?

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
I got a green full size green and loved it so much I had to get a mini blue. Really diggin the mini (just got it like an hour ago). I know it goes with out saying but this thing really is tiny. I got it for my wife so we don't fight over the full size, now were going to fight over the mini I can already tell. Perfect for on the go. I'll post some pics of both when she gets home with the full size.

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
I have my modded out russian 91 on there. The Russian has a glass kit and the LE top cap from SOV. The only russian part left on there is the atomizer itself.

I did have problems with the device not reading my battery and got a button top converter and now don't have this problem anymore.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 3

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Hey Keynith, what do you mean by "device not reading my battery"? Please elaborate a little on that point.

Oh, and any idea where I can find a glass tank for the KFL+? A lemon juice I was using last weekend started melting the plastic section. I really don't want to go the all-metal route as I like being able to see how much juice is left in the tank.

I have my modded out russian 91 on there. The Russian has a glass kit and the LE top cap from SOV. The only russian part left on there is the atomizer itself.

I did have problems with the device not reading my battery and got a button top converter and now don't have this problem anymore.

Last edited:

Cloudrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
elk grove, ca
Just want to say, thanks for the breath of fresh air!
While I've kept one, 3 full size Hana's have gone thru my hands, all were near flawless cosmetically, function without any problems, and a quality execution of the DNA mod.
I like the light weight and sturdy footprint, otherwise its just a box.
I prefer the better draw with Russian 91%s and then settle for Aspire Nautilus for tank cracking juices.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
I agree. It's a great device, IMHO. I'm interested in the Russian, but haven't quite decided to pull out the wallet, yet. And thanks for the idea to use to use the Nautilus for tank crackers. I can't believe I didn't think of that when I have two of them. Duhhh!!

Just want to say, thanks for the breath of fresh air!
While I've kept one, 3 full size Hana's have gone thru my hands, all were near flawless cosmetically, function without any problems, and a quality execution of the DNA mod.
I like the light weight and sturdy footprint, otherwise its just a box.
I prefer the better draw with Russian 91%s and then settle for Aspire Nautilus for tank cracking juices.

Cloudrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
elk grove, ca
The Russian91% build deck is the winner. Does not require dismount to adjust air draw and allows more air flow, no need for a drill bit. Plus a center pin with more range of adjustability.
All the other parts are interchangeable, which lends to a lot different looking configurations.
Best all around bottom feed RTA out. IMHO...

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Damn it, Cloudrider, cut that out!! :D

The Russian91% build deck is the winner. Does not require dismount to adjust air draw and allows more air flow, no need for a drill bit. Plus a center pin with more range of adjustability.
All the other parts are interchangeable, which lends to a lot different looking configurations.
Best all around bottom feed RTA out. IMHO...

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
Hey Keynith, what do you mean by "device not reading my battery"? Please elaborate a little on that point.

Oh, and any idea where I can find a glass tank for the KFL+? A lemon juice I was using last weekend started melting the plastic section. I really don't want to go the all-metal route as I like being able to see how much juice is left in the tank.

The battery contacts weren't doing their job. they kept getting moved inwards and i had to keep pulling them out with tweezers. So i got a spacer, and it has worked perefectly

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Maybe I'm doing something wrong here. I put a VTC4 in mine when I first got it, and haven't touched the battery since. Is everyone removing the battery and recharging it and reinstalling/replacing it on a daily basis? Your description of the problem seems to match the one that Extol was critical of.

The battery contacts weren't doing their job. they kept getting moved inwards and i had to keep pulling them out with tweezers. So i got a spacer, and it has worked perefectly

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
Maybe I'm doing something wrong here. I put a VTC4 in mine when I first got it, and haven't touched the battery since. Is everyone removing the battery and recharging it and reinstalling/replacing it on a daily basis? Your description of the problem seems to match the one that Extol was critical of.

Yes I pull mine out every day and swap it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread