Hana Modz v3 - Full & Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Good luck tomorrow! I think you'll be very happy, or at least I hope so. I've heard some stories from others, but there is also a group that will do anything -- include spread untrue information -- to damage Hana's reputation. I can only speak for myself -- the device was in great condition, and it works great. I'm very happy, and I don't think $250 is too much for a mod of this quality.

As for juice, I see you're using a Nicoticket banner to record your success. It's hard to go wrong with Nicoticket. Great people who make great juices. Keep some on hand.

Tomorrow according to usps tracking. Will try MyVapez in Herndon this weekend. Not bad yelp reviews other than being overpriced. Need some more juice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Received my KFL+ glass tank today and got a big shock when after I filled it with a new liquid and set it on a table for awhile, I noticed that the table had a huge spot where the tank had leaked out almost all the juice. I had filled the tank from the bottom feed screw. After cleaning everything up, I filled the tank from the top and now all seems okay. The tank doesn't have threads to screw onto the metal parts as the KFL+ version does, but instead uses o-rings solely. Interesting design, and I hope I don't make that mistake again, but be warned it requires different process for refilling.

Avid Vapers has a nice glass tank for the KFL...my friend gave me one at Vapebash and I ordered a second before leaving:laugh: The carry regular and Nano size. After drooling over the Hana Modz at Vapebash I got lucky and a friend knew of someone wanting to sell a V3 Green Mini and I was able to purchase it. I just love it. I also got a Clear Carbon Fiber from Vapor Skinz as soon as I bought the mod. I have been using my KFL or an Aspire Nautilis tank and enjoy them both.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
Received my KFL+ glass tank today and got a big shock when after I filled it with a new liquid and set it on a table for awhile, I noticed that the table had a huge spot where the tank had leaked out almost all the juice. I had filled the tank from the bottom feed screw. After cleaning everything up, I filled the tank from the top and now all seems okay. The tank doesn't have threads to screw onto the metal parts as the KFL+ version does, but instead uses o-rings solely. Interesting design, and I hope I don't make that mistake again, but be warned it requires different process for refilling.

So- how does it keep tight. Pressure? Interesting.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Depends on the o-rings to maintain the environment, but doesn't perform exactly as the Kayfun with the regular tanks would. Of course, now that I've done a little research I find that it's not unusual for glass tanks on the Kayfun. From what I've read, threading a glass tank to work with a Kayfun would be prohibitively expensive, so the glass tank which won't allow you to feed from the bottom is a decent -- but not great -- alternative.

There is a new glass tank for Kayfun being marketed by SOV (Science of Vaping) that sounds promising. Their tank allows you to fill from the bottom. They have taken some pre-orders on Facebook, but their website isn't up yet.

So- how does it keep tight. Pressure? Interesting.

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Oh no...sorry to hear that. I have always filled my KFLs from the bottom feed screw with and without the glass tank and haven't had an issue. I'll keep a closer eye but no leaks yet on my end.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Really? Hmm, okay, maybe I might try it again. I was glad that the juice I lost was a new one that I have lots of. I would have been heartbrokened if I only had a small amount. :(

Oh no...sorry to hear that. I have always filled my KFLs from the bottom feed screw with and without the glass tank and haven't had an issue. I'll keep a closer eye but no leaks yet on my end.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
y9y5y7ed.jpg
ahy4y9ug.jpg

Mine made it today. No blemishes, 510 straight and all my toppers work. Picture with Vaporskinz I just put on it. Mine is from Hyperion. Ordered Saturday.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
That's purdy!

Seems most of them arrive in perfect condition, but of course, we only hear about the ones who have problems.

That skin looks nice, but man, I would hate covering up that purdy green. :) I went with the clear VaporSkins so my red mod shows through. I was on Jwraps website last night, but ultimately decided to keep the wallet in the pocket.

Congratulations. Great mod.

Mine made it today. No blemishes, 510 straight and all my toppers work. Picture with Vaporskinz I just put on it. Mine is from Hyperion. Ordered Saturday.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
That's purdy!

Seems most of them arrive in perfect condition, but of course, we only hear about the ones who have problems.

That skin looks nice, but man, I would hate covering up that purdy green. :) I went with the clear VaporSkins so my red mod shows through. I was on Jwraps website last night, but ultimately decided to keep the wallet in the pocket.

Congratulations. Great mod.

Thanks! So far so good. The green is actually pretty nice looking I must say. Better than I thought it would be. Chose that skin so the green wouldn't stand out so much on the planes and trains :).

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Planes and trains? Uh, if you intend to pull that thing out on a plane, let me know. I want to be there to witness that. :ohmy:

Thanks! So far so good. The green is actually pretty nice looking I must say. Better than I thought it would be. Chose that skin so the green wouldn't stand out so much on the planes and trains :).

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Really? Hmm, okay, maybe I might try it again. I was glad that the juice I lost was a new one that I have lots of. I would have been heartbrokened if I only had a small amount. :(

My KFLS are all the original...and a trick a dear friend of mine shared with me when I started vaping.. I have some empty prescription bottles and at night...and/or if I'm working with a new tank I need to figure out I place the tank in the bottle for the evening. If it decides to leak it saves a huge mess and I can retrieve the majority of my juice. I also use them to bring extra filled KFLs with me when out and about.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
That's a great idea!

My KFLS are all the original...and a trick a dear friend of mine shared with me when I started vaping.. I have some empty prescription bottles and at night...and/or if I'm working with a new tank I need to figure out I place the tank in the bottle for the evening. If it decides to leak it saves a huge mess and I can retrieve the majority of my juice. I also use them to bring extra filled KFLs with me when out and about.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
does anyone know if you can retrofit some other battery into the mini? id think anything that fits but there are two battery packs. don't know how this is set up. you could feasibly stuff a 4000mah battery in there. if I knew how it was wired. also it would be good to know what batteries in case hana is not around for the long haul. of course I hope they are though.

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
does anyone know if you can retrofit some other battery into the mini? id think anything that fits but there are two battery packs. don't know how this is set up. you could feasibly stuff a 4000mah battery in there. if I knew how it was wired. also it would be good to know what batteries in case hana is not around for the long haul. of course I hope they are though.

Yea am curious too. There is a company called Turnigy that is supposed to make top of the line lipo batteries, I want to stick one of those in my mini. Also what ever happened to the rumor of a 2000mah lipo battery upgrade. That would be AWESOME.

On a related note search ecf for "hana hack". There is a guy who got a 18650 to fit in his mini!

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
other than the battery does not last me I am liking this better than all my mechs,provari,Darwin.

any lipo or lion that is 3.7 and will fit should work but we have to understand even if we know what we are doing these things can kill us. I talked to them today. he said the 2000mah is still being tested. I did not ask why because I figured they have their reasons. it sounds like this was well thought out and designed and they did not just put any old battery like we might. I guess for now battery backup is okay. they even show that on their facebook page. quite frankly the 18650 not easily coming out would not have really suited me either. I exhaust batteries quickly. I saw the guys 18650 hack but that is a bit too extreme for me at least.

I think the answer is I actually need two of these! I can use one and one can charge. unfortunately they are now out of stock everywhere. paying $500-$600 for another would be stupid on my part.

oh, I saw the comment about planes and trains lol. I don't think I would have the balls to take this. I mean it is fine but it could be misconstrued for something else if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread