Hana Modz v3 - Full & Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
That's interesting. I've never seen a review of one that didn't have the stickers -- or of one that had a red plastic cover. Mine has the stickers and the black plastic cover just as in the reviews. I know the people in that other thread rant about the customer service, but if I were you I'd be tempted to contact Hana to confirm your unit is okay as far as warranty coverage.

So when he opens up the back of the devices, it has those stickers on there, which i assume is to tell if you busted it open or not for warranty reasons, and my device does not have those. I have a red plastic cover instead of black also. Seems they forgot to put stickers on mine.

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Avid Vapers has a nice glass tank for the KFL...my friend gave me one at Vapebash and I ordered a second before leaving:laugh: The carry regular and Nano size. After drooling over the Hana Modz at Vapebash I got lucky and a friend knew of someone wanting to sell a V3 Green Mini and I was able to purchase it. I just love it. I also got a Clear Carbon Fiber from Vapor Skinz as soon as I bought the mod. I have been using my KFL or an Aspire Nautilis tank and enjoy them both.

Hey Keynith, what do you mean by "device not reading my battery"? Please elaborate a little on that point.

Oh, and any idea where I can find a glass tank for the KFL+? A lemon juice I was using last weekend started melting the plastic section. I really don't want to go the all-metal route as I like being able to see how much juice is left in the tank.

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
That's interesting. I've never seen a review of one that didn't have the stickers -- or of one that had a red plastic cover. Mine has the stickers and the black plastic cover just as in the reviews. I know the people in that other thread rant about the customer service, but if I were you I'd be tempted to contact Hana to confirm your unit is okay as far as warranty coverage.

Check out twisted's review. I sent him my mod to review so you can see it there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65-i8B_TjZk

Right around the 7:55 mark is where he has the back off.

Last edited:

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
So when he opens up the back of the devices, it has those stickers on there, which i assume is to tell if you busted it open or not for warranty reasons, and my device does not have those. I have a red plastic cover instead of black also. Seems they forgot to put stickers on mine.

Mine has a black tinted window with no stickers so I think your alright. Also where did you purchase that battery spacer in Twisted's review?

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Thanks for pointing me to Avid Vapers. Just ordered one, although I was a little surprised at the price -- $35. Yikes! :homy:

Just installed my Clear Carbon Fiber skin from Vapor Skinz a few minutes ago. Was as patient as I could be installing the skin, hoping to get everything lined up perfectly. The only thing I'm not crazy about is just a tad of overlap on the side with the buttons. Other than that, it looks and feels great.

I've been very happy with the KFL+, the Aspire Nautilus, and the IBtanked on the Hana. I change my mind often, but for now, this is my favorite mod.

Thanks, again!

Avid Vapers has a nice glass tank for the KFL...my friend gave me one at Vapebash and I ordered a second before leaving:laugh: The carry regular and Nano size. After drooling over the Hana Modz at Vapebash I got lucky and a friend knew of someone wanting to sell a V3 Green Mini and I was able to purchase it. I just love it. I also got a Clear Carbon Fiber from Vapor Skinz as soon as I bought the mod. I have been using my KFL or an Aspire Nautilis tank and enjoy them both.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
I'm glad you asked that question. Twisted said it comes with the device. I certainly didn't get one with mine. The other thing that has me puzzled -- several people have mentioned the battery contacts. Mine is as snug as any person could make it and I haven't touched or adjusted the contacts. I'm also using the VTC4 (flat top), and there is definitely no room in there for a spacer. Is it possible they changed the design somewhere during the process and both versions are now out there in the vapor sphere?

Mine has a black tinted window with no stickers so I think your alright. Also where did you purchase that battery spacer in Twisted's review?

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
I'm glad you asked that question. Twisted said it comes with the device. I certainly didn't get one with mine. The other thing that has me puzzled -- several people have mentioned the battery contacts. Mine is as snug as any person could make it and I haven't touched or adjusted the contacts. I'm also using the VTC4 (flat top), and there is definitely no room in there for a spacer. Is it possible they changed the design somewhere during the process and both versions are now out there in the vapor sphere?

Have you ever put a nipple top in your Hana Mykereid? I think thats what bent my negative contact down. I just pushed it back up and only use flat tops now, haven't had to re adjust it since (2 weeks) but would still like to know where he got the spacer just in case.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Nope. I installed the VTC4 flat top as soon as I got it, and haven't touched the battery since. I've recharged through the usb port every day.

Have you ever put a nipple top in your Hana Mykereid? I think thats what bent my negative contact down. I just pushed it back up and only use flat tops now, haven't had to re adjust it since (2 weeks) but would still like to know where he got the spacer just in case.

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
No problem...I know they are kind of pricey..just don't break it:laugh: I believe there will also carry just the glass replacements but didn't see them on their site when I ordered. I also need to check and see if Bedazzle carrys just the glass replacement in the correct size.
My wrap has a little overlap/line also but soon decided that was much better than scratching my beauty and love the green color so didn't want a colored wrap.

Thanks for pointing me to Avid Vapers. Just ordered one, although I was a little surprised at the price -- $35. Yikes! :homy:

Just installed my Clear Carbon Fiber skin from Vapor Skinz a few minutes ago. Was as patient as I could be installing the skin, hoping to get everything lined up perfectly. The only thing I'm not crazy about is just a tad of overlap on the side with the buttons. Other than that, it looks and feels great.

I've been very happy with the KFL+, the Aspire Nautilus, and the IBtanked on the Hana. I change my mind often, but for now, this is my favorite mod.

Thanks, again!

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Believe me, for that price I'll be very careful with it. :D

I looked through Bedazzle's site, but no where do I see what the tanks will fit. If it fits the KFL+, I can't tell it from reviewing the site.

As for the overlap on the skin, it seems putting that on the other size of the mod would have been a better solution. Putting it on the same side as the buttons increases the chances that it'll become damaged and/or soiled.

No problem...I know they are kind of pricey..just don't break it:laugh: I believe there will also carry just the glass replacements but didn't see them on their site when I ordered. I also need to check and see if Bedazzle carrys just the glass replacement in the correct size.
My wrap has a little overlap/line also but soon decided that was much better than scratching my beauty and love the green color so didn't want a colored wrap.

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
Believe me, for that price I'll be very careful with it. :D

I looked through Bedazzle's site, but no where do I see what the tanks will fit. If it fits the KFL+, I can't tell it from reviewing the site.

As for the overlap on the skin, it seems putting that on the other size of the mod would have been a better solution. Putting it on the same side as the buttons increases the chances that it'll become damaged and/or soiled.

I don't care if its for a cell phone or a vaporizer or whatever, I hate putting wraps/skins/screen protector on lol. I can never get it as good as I would like.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
I happened to be surfing Hyperion and low and behold they had a few available in purple, green and pink in the full size and a few mini. I snagged a green full size and shortly after they were all gone. I'm stoked about receiving it. I've been really happy with my Provari's and Sigelei 20w but really like the box mods and the Hana with the mini charger attached is a plus for me to hook up and keep charged at work at my desk. Ordered a J Wrap too to keep it looking new. Now the waiting begins!!

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
I can't disagree with you -- usually my attempts to attach a skin to a product come out horribly, but I took a considerable amount of time to get this one right. I think I did pretty well with it. I may try one by Jwraps just to compare with the one by Vapor Skinz.

I don't care if its for a cell phone or a vaporizer or whatever, I hate putting wraps/skins/screen protector on lol. I can never get it as good as I would like.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Good move scooter. Found any good Vape Shops in Northern Virginia?

I happened to be surfing Hyperion and low and behold they had a few available in purple, green and pink in the full size and a few mini. I snagged a green full size and shortly after they were all gone. I'm stoked about receiving it. I've been really happy with my Provari's and Sigelei 20w but really like the box mods and the Hana with the mini charger attached is a plus for me to hook up and keep charged at work at my desk. Ordered a J Wrap too to keep it looking new. Now the waiting begins!!

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
Good move scooter. Found any good Vape Shops in Northern Virginia?

To be honest I shop online with some really good reliable suppliers I like buying from . Live in Reston and there's one in Herndon, Annandale, and one in Woodbridge which look to be the closest. I'll have to check them out one of these weekends. I need to start supporting our locals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
I'm the same way. 99% of my purchases are online. So far I'm having no luck with local B&Ms. I've been to a couple in Alexandria. One was new and didn't have much stock, and the other sold me some horrible juice. I was in Orlando the past week and stopped at a Vape Kiosk in one of the Outlet Malls. Guy was trying to sell me some overpriced mod I'd never heard of. When I told him I owned two Provaris, two Reos and a Hana Modz he finally backed off, probably because he had no idea what I was referring to. Ended up buying 3 bottles of juice, only because they sold me four for the price of three. Only tried one so far, and yep, it too was horrible. :)

Lesson learned -- hopefully.

No great vapemail from Illinois, yet?

To be honest I shop online with some really good reliable suppliers I like buying from . Live in Reston and there's one in Herndon, Annandale, and one in Woodbridge which look to be the closest. I'll have to check them out one of these weekends. I need to start supporting our locals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread