Happy Anniversary REO Grand Opening Sale Mega Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Congratulations and happy anniversary Rob and the Reonauts !!!!! :thumb:
confetti.gif

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
BTW I heard there was open bar ??

So I dressed up for the party :)

DSC_4248cr.jpg

I like it! Very classy :)

I whipped together a little evening frock for mine last night. I hope there will be champagne :)
eveningmini.jpg

Well done to both of you!!!! I only wish I had my specialty wood REO was finished so I could show off its well dressed look too.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
My story -

I was a 40+ year smoker. I tried many times to quit and failed each and every time.

Back in the late 70s early 80's the new thing was "shock therapy" where the put you in a tiny place like those photo booths and hooked you up to electrodes and made you literaly smoke 1 cig after another while that tiny booth was closed up. Each time you took a drag you also got a shock. I got sick as a dog all the while thinking this is dumb because I knew as soon as I got out of that place, I wouldn't get sick from smoking. Needless to say, I only lasted 3 months and was mean during the entire 3 months.

The next time I tried was in the late 90's and tried the patch. Although it helped me quit, I found out I was alergic to the adhesive on the patch and turned into one big hive. The hives to a full year to go away after I stopped using it. I lasted 6 months that time but stress got to me that time - dad had heart attack, job was going through a scale down which meant more work as well as a possible relocation, a new boss who didn't like me because I would stand up for my staff, etct. After than time I realized that I needed something other than smoking for my stress or quitting wasn't gonna work.

Fast forward to 2010, my doctor mentioned electronic cigs to me, a couple of friends on another website I frequent mentioned to me they were trying e-cigs so I started asking them questions. The pointed me to ecf and Cignot to get stated. I lurked without joining. I bought a cheap kit from the local cheap smoke shop just to see what it was like before buying a better kit. I think ordered an Ego started kit from Cignot in August '10. I had a steep messy learning curve with the carts and juice. I got the kit and started using it, made rules about where I could smoke and not smoke. I went from 1 to 2 packs a day to 1/2 pack or less the first day of use 8/17. I refused to buy cartons and would only buy 1 pack at a time. I went away for labor day weekend and decided not to bring cigs - my friends were non-smokers and I figured I could always go into town to buy a pack if I really needed to. I made through the weekend just fine but almost stopped on the way home for a pack but talked myself out of it. I've been smoke free since 9/5 - the longest I've ever gone.

After months of lurking I stumbled on a thread about the Reo. I had questions so I joined the site because I found you could post unless you were a member. Lisa and Wayne were patient and answere them all. I decided I wanted a mini because my hands are small. Now the journey to get one.

At that time Robert was not selling them on his site. He would list what he had available and then you would have to email him giving him your choices. I tried and tried to get one - it became a game to me, I would get kicked off ecf trying to either email Robert with my choices or just trying to see what he had up for the sale so I could email. Finally Robert took pity on me and pm me to let me know he had one for me if I wanted it. Of course I jumped at it. I couldn't believe that a vendor would do something like that out of the clear blue sky. I received my mini mid-Jan of this year and loved it. Around March of this year I noticed that the mini was really bothering my hand and finger/thumb pads. I was devistated. I started asking questions about the woodvil and the size of it and talked Robert about it. I still hadn't found a woodvil that called out to me until I saw the Redwood Burl but it was sold out. I pm'd Robert to see if he could make me one. I told him my only requirement was that it took a AW IMR 18560 battery. He said he could and told me it would be a couple of weeks before he would be able to get to it. I got and I finally met my perfect match. It feels so good in my hand, the button doesn't hurt my fingers or thumbs, and it hits harder than the mini.

I have retired my Egos for emergencies only finally. I have my woody for inside the house and an ultramax for my out and about. Best of all I continue to be smoke free and plan on staying that way !

Thank you MasterMod Robert from the bottom of my heart for being you !!!!!!!

Last edited:

lilhurricane

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Here & Now
www.dslreports.com
Hi Rob :)

First off congrats and Happy 1 year Anniversary!

I, like sashwa..smoked for a very, very long time 35 or so years of Camel (unfiltered!).
When she pointed me in the direction of ecf..along with a couple of other friends..I joined here & started reading..& learning

The day I got my first eCig in the mail was the day I put down my packs and haven't looked back
I still have my eGo's and use them..but my mini black/purple reo completed & cemented my transformation to a non smoker

Thanks to sash, my mini now has company - a black/black one

Thank you for the time, talent, effort & artistry you put in to each & every one of your mods.
Thank you for being available when I had questions..

....and for taking my reo in for repair when my atty blew, and spring bent :laugh:

ththanks1.gif

Here's to more years ahead full of success, for yourself..and everyone that quit smoking with your beautifully crafted Reo Mods!

Last edited:

ufo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2009
Rome - italy
Hi Rob.
Congrats for the anniversary.
Here in Italy, I have written a review on Reo, where I have described what great PV it is, and what great satisfactions are giving me my two Reo.:)
These days I have been contacted by many Italians vapers who wanted moe informations....and I know that today many of them will be connected to your shop to take a Reo.:)

Again congratulations, Rob and thanks for your excellent work.

Chelseafn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Michigan
Happy Anniversary Rob!!! I dont need to go into details. You know you are our Mod master!!! Many, many thanks for everything you have done for me and everyone on this board!! I do know one thing If I didnt find you and the REO I would probably still be looking for the perfect PV. Heres to many more years!!!! Good Friends and the perfect PV do we need anything else? Why yes, yes we do.....another REO!!! You Rock Buddy!!!!! :toast: :rickroll:

Chameloid

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2010
Rura Penthe
Happy anniversary Rob! My indestructible Reos are my road warriors and are out with me to work every day. Wishing you, your family and your porkies all the best, and hope you have another great year of helping us former smokers to stay off the analogs! Am coming up on my 1-year anniversary for vaping next week (and 5 month anniversary analog-free). :D

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread