Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
That anytime the word (like batry) battery is posted it morphs into the word batteries and is followed by a pile of gibberish? What's up with that?

I noticed it in a post I created this morning and it seems to be happening every time I see "that word" since. I'm using chrome browser on small Android devices and it's happening on both my devices.

It's it a general forum problem or just my problem?

Reactions: OhTheAgony

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I suspect this may be something related to what you're running locally. I have yet to see such behavior on my machine.

If those of you that were having issues would post the browser you're using, along with any addons that are installed, it would help narrow things down.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I suspect this may be something related to what you're running locally. I have yet to see such behavior on my machine.

If those of you that were having issues would post the browser you're using, along with any addons that are installed, it would help narrow things down.
From what limited info I can locate the mobile chrome browser doesn't allow add-ons.
Attached is the info for my current device. I know the other is an o older Android version.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-17-18-17-40.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-17-18-17-40.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 28

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
From what limited info I can locate the mobile chrome browser doesn't allow add-ons.
Attached is the info for my current device. I know the other is an o older Android version.

This is one of the reasons why I despise Chrome and use Firefox on my "droid". :D

I can test the droid stuff, which I'll do later this evening and tomorrow.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
So @retired1 are you not seeing this in my OP to this thread?

That anytime the word (like batry) batteries?utm_source=ECF&utm_medium=Wordlink&utm_term=Batteries&utm_campaign=Wordlink%20-%20Batteries" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">battery is posted it morphs into the word batteries and is followed by a pile of gibberish? What's up with that?

Reactions: ghola1was

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
So @retired1 are you not seeing this in my OP to this thread?

Nope. This is what I see:

That anytime the word (like batry) battery is posted it morphs into the word batteries and is followed by a pile of gibberish? What's up with that?

I noticed it in a post I created this morning and it seems to be happening every time I see "that word" since. I'm using chrome browser on small Android devices and it's happening on both my devices.

It's it a general forum problem or just my problem?

Lemme fire up the phone's browser and see if I can see it from there.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
R1, this is what I keep seeing:

"and you think they'd have learned about batteries?utm_source=ECF&utm_medium=Wordlink&utm_term=Batteries&utm_campaign=Wordlink%20-%20Batteries" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">battery cap issues from that round."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread