Travel and Vaping Has anyone flown with a Nautilus tank and have they leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Tucson, AZ, USA
I'm flying tomorrow and trying to figure out my tank situation. I have a few Nautilus tanks I'm using right now and really hate the idea of throwing out the juice in them beforehand so that I can fly. The tanks aren't full - probably 1/2 full. Any major leakage issues with a 1/2 full Nautilus while flying?

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
I always fly with my Aspire Nautilus Tanks empty. I usually vape in the bathroom and when ready to take-off I rinse my e-liquid out and dry my tank out with paper toweling.

Upon landing while taxing to the gate I fill my Nautilus back up so it's ready to go as soon as I get off the plane.

I have heard to many stories about tanks leaking on planes. Some say if you turn them upside down they might work....I would rather dump the e-liquid then to have to clean up the mess that the tank leaked.

You could always take the tip off your e-liquid bottle and pour out the e-liquid back in the bottle...put the tip and cap back on and you'll be able to save our juice.

Good Luck to You!!!

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
As an aside, my wife recently traveled with 3 Nautili (lol) and all 3 were filled. The one she kept in her purse on her mod was fine. The 2 she put in a plastic bag in her carry on both flooded (but didn't leak too much). I found that odd as I would have almost expected the reverse.

Better to drain them altogether!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread