Has anyone received their new Dura Automatic batts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Yes.... I pre-ordered (2) new Dura kits so I "think" I have the new automatic batteries. Before my Dura's were shipped they announced they were coming out with the new Dura-C's. I requested that I wanted to wait for the new manual batteries, but my order was shipped with the automatic batteries instead (to be replaced when the Dura-C batteries arrive.) I've been using all 4 batteries with no problems (so far) but have only be using 2 of the atomizers (also no problems so far, but I don't drip on the atomizers either.) My "main" e-cig is 901 w/USB passthrough & battery pack... so the Dura hasn't had the same vape time my 901 gets every day. I do REALLY like the Dura so far though.. and it's now my "take-with-me" e-cig, so I don't have to pack up my 901 & all her ugly accessories! :oops: :rolleyes:

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
No!! :D I can say this is not a problem at all on my Dura... but am SURE going through that with Marian's Vapor 1000 that I ordered right after the Dura. I think I've learned a lesson on ordering models that are still in diapers, LOL! :rolleyes:
First I have to say I am surprised that I am not one of the few people that is awake at this time.:) And thank you for informing me and everyone else that there is at least one set that is functioning right.
Now I am thinking that it may have been a mistake taking the “C” option. I have heard a rumor that the manual batteries do not work with the PCC. This worries me as that was the big sell point for me. 8-o I decided to go for the manual version after getting sick of sending back malfunctioning batteries. (No I did not drip either)

cekte

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Oregon
www.youtube.com
I do not own a PCC, so I cannot judge its parameters. However, the normal JOYE510 is 112mm. The new JOYE manual switch model will be 115.5mm using the same atomizer and cart construction. I am unsure if this 3.5mm difference will render it in-useable, but would imagine it will be close if not. I do know that the new batteries will fit the other chargers though. Hope this may help Devon.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I do not own a PCC, so I cannot judge its parameters. However, the normal JOYE510 is 112mm. The new JOYE manual switch model will be 115.5mm using the same atomizer and cart construction. I am unsure if this 3.5mm difference will render it in-useable, but would imagine it will be close if not. I do know that the new batteries will fit the other chargers though. Hope this may help Devon.

I never had a chance to try my PCC because my batts died (lol) but some said they were too short to work correctly anyway. Might the new ones be just the right size for it?

Lu

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
First I have to say I am surprised that I am not one of the few people that is awake at this time.:) And thank you for informing me and everyone else that there is at least one set that is functioning right.
Now I am thinking that it may have been a mistake taking the “C” option. I have heard a rumor that the manual batteries do not work with the PCC. This worries me as that was the big sell point for me. 8-o I decided to go for the manual version after getting sick of sending back malfunctioning batteries. (No I did not drip either)

I am a total night owl :rolleyes: I have a blind Jack Russell Terrier that terriorizes me when she is awake... and can't get any computer work done unless she's asleep (yes!! all the rumors about Jack Russell Terriers ARE true!! :D) I have to say that after all of the problems I've heard about the Dura... I am just guessing that "if" I were using my Dura as my main e-cig I "would" very likely be having problems with it by now. I've used it a lot more the past two days than I have before... but so far the only odd thing going on that I've not noticed before is a very (almost hot) atomizer when I'm using it as much as I do my 901. Maybe could burn out soon because of this? :confused: I am very interested in trying the manual batteries just to see how they work.. since I haven't used manual batteries of any type before.

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon

Oh.. and did you hear on the news tonight that "Portlanders" are the #1 saddest people out of X number of large cities? :| I didn't think I was THAT sad... maybe staying up late into the night or morning ;) helps stop the sad bug? :confused:

Well... I do usually have a time limit of 3 AM... so I had better hit the hay!

applefr3ak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Ogden, Utah, United States
I have not had any complaints on any of the Dura sets i have sold so far, They were some of the newest sets sent out in the middle of feb. I have only had 1 battery that wouldnt take a charge because of what i think may be a malfunctioning switch inside.. its wonky. But i havent had any cutoff problems or anything with the units i have been selling and using for the past while.

Jason
myspace.com/electronicstix

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
So I extended my 510 to 115.5mm and it does fit but it makes the case lid raise up on the battery side by about 2mm. With some minor modifications it could fit. But I am still on the fence about that. Well I will see what I can do when I get the manual batteries. I will be making a post / review when I get them.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I bought the PCC to use with my Dura. I never used it because all the batteries were bad. I am also waiting on the Dura-C batt replacements but just read the below on the Janty site. I'm going to make a post on the Janty q/a thread to see if there's anything I can do about this new piece of equipment I wasn't ever able to use :(

Note: The JANTY PCC does not work with JANTY DURA-C manual switched batteries!

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
I bought the PCC to use with my Dura. I never used it because all the batteries were bad. I am also waiting on the Dura-C batt replacements but just read the below on the Janty site. I'm going to make a post on the Janty q/a thread to see if there's anything I can do about this new piece of equipment I wasn't ever able to use :(

Note: The JANTY PCC does not work with JANTY DURA-C manual switched batteries!

Lu

YES: They Really have to get Their **** Together Over There, The Website, The Product Ads, Product Compatibility, Account Features Not Working Fully & Emails, Product Support and Thats Besides The Issues With the Manufacturers They Are Using & Possibly Spec's for Their Units They Are Using.....

Disappointed Dura (dead) Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread