• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Has anyone tried this?Curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
FIRST: I know not everyone has their JB yet, but this could still be a good idea.

I am curious , I have been reading some posts from people that have received their JB already... I was curious (because this is what I plan on doing right of the bat to break in)

Has anyone tried just direct dripping onto the atty @ first, rather than squeezing the bottle? I know that isn't the purpose of ordering the JB, but I would guess that it would be a good idea to "season" the atty that way... I mean I know I sacrifice a burger on the grill to juice it up :p (not important in that case :p)

I figured that even waiting for the JB upon receiving it ... I would wait a bit more to utilize it as intended and just drip for a bit.... this way you should elimintate flooding AND get a feel for how the JB is suppose to vape.

I guess especially using VG that you would get the atty just right sooner... and after it would be easier to get a handle @ intented use.

This is pure educated speculation (if there is such a thing) but don't mind me I just wanted to throw my thoughts out there

Kismayaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Central FL
As a matter of fact, I recommended doing this exact thing to SNM last night to get his broken in. He couldn't get a hit at all out of his. If you just take the mouthpiece off, and hold the button down while putting a drop in there.... let it sizzle for a few moments, drop another... and keep on repeating that while blowing through the hole on the side of the atty for a few minutes without letting go of the button. that really helps versus killing yourself trying to suck a hit out of it.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
As a matter of fact, I recommended doing this exact thing to SNM last night to get his broken in. He couldn't get a hit at all out of his. If you just take the mouthpiece off, and hold the button down while putting a drop in there.... let it sizzle for a few moments, drop another... and keep on repeating that while blowing through the hole on the side of the atty for a few minutes without letting go of the button. that really helps versus killing yourself trying to suck a hit out of it.

Cool... I don't know about the blowing tip... but I will keep that in mind... I am sure I will figure something out upon receiving mine...... and I will definately share my results...

Thanks for your reply... I did see all of those times (I believe you posted it)
I just didn't read through it all yet... since I don't have one in hand... This is just one thing that has been in my head since day one :p

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Well I guess Elendil can look into this:

I actually wanted to keep my avatar and put the new one in my sig block instead. But there has been recent changes... and well that's that :( my heart is still broken about that :( :( :( ok i will eat my cheese and move back to topic.... :p

You could always petition this.. to support the duck :p ;) :cool:

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well I guess Elendil can look into this:

I actually wanted to keep my avatar and put the new one in my sig block instead. But there has been recent changes... and well that's that :( my heart is still broken about that :( :( :( ok i will eat my cheese and move back to topic.... :p

You could always petition this.. to support the duck :p ;) :cool:

PM sent to Elendil :D
RIMP:evil:

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
FIRST: I know not everyone has their JB yet, but this could still be a good idea.

I am curious , I have been reading some posts from people that have received their JB already... I was curious (because this is what I plan on doing right of the bat to break in)

Has anyone tried just direct dripping onto the atty @ first, rather than squeezing the bottle? I know that isn't the purpose of ordering the JB, but I would guess that it would be a good idea to "season" the atty that way... I mean I know I sacrifice a burger on the grill to juice it up :p (not important in that case :p)

I figured that even waiting for the JB upon receiving it ... I would wait a bit more to utilize it as intended and just drip for a bit.... this way you should elimintate flooding AND get a feel for how the JB is suppose to vape.

I guess especially using VG that you would get the atty just right sooner... and after it would be easier to get a handle @ intented use.

This is pure educated speculation (if there is such a thing) but don't mind me I just wanted to throw my thoughts out there

So can we confirm that the JB atty (when semi-broken in/bottle not screwed in) will vape about as well as a broken in atty with attached bottle?

Just wondering because they vape good so far, but once the bottle is on its not so great. It vapes, but not nearly as well. They pump and squirt the atty fine but the restricted airflow in the hit doesnt seem to let the semi-broken in atty do its thing.

Maybe the little juice gnomes lungs haven't evolved to handle the reduced air flow environment haha

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Well I have had the JB for a little while now... I forgot about this thread :p

I only did the method of just direct dripping on the atty(with bottle on) for about 20mins
and that was mainly just to see how it should vape with out flooding it.

This is the way I do it, when it needs juice I hold the JB up right and squeeze the bottle while puffing on the mouth piece and holding the button (not for a long time though)
after that I hold the JB parallel to the floor(atty on top) and vape it that way. The reason I think it works (FOR ME) that way is since the atty is at an angle I can sort of move the excess juice around to avoid the effects of flooding.

I don't know if I explained it right, but I haven't had any problems with my JB what-so-ever.

With THAT being said.. since the atty is hand made and not mass produced I will not guarentee it to work for EVERYBODY but in theory it should.

EDIT: Unofficial Record: I haven't used the JB or any PV for the past three dayz ;)

Last edited:

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
With THAT being said.. since the atty is hand made and not mass produced I will not guarentee it to work for EVERYBODY but in theory it should.

Thats the beauty of this atty! It is quite a different vape, so your average vaper may not like it (look at the classifieds). Fine by me, less people in line for a JB3TL haha

I got the one JB atty broken in enough that its starting to vape well with the bottle screwed on tight. The button pushing is easy, one or 2 floods at first and im pretty good at it now. Just have to keep an eye on the juice level to know the correct amount to push.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
Thats the beauty of this atty! It is quite a different vape, so your average vaper may not like it (look at the classifieds). Fine by me, less people in line for a JB3TL haha

I got the one JB atty broken in enough that its starting to vape well with the bottle screwed on tight. The button pushing is easy, one or 2 floods at first and im pretty good at it now. Just have to keep an eye on the juice level to know the correct amount to push.

Im finding that the more "seasoned" the atty is the more juice you can pump on it without the effects of flooding. I have 2 like you JD so im able to compare the 2 against each other. Maybe i will get around to 3. I see you picked up another one on the classifieds.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Im finding that the more "seasoned" the atty is the more juice you can pump on it without the effects of flooding. I have 2 like you JD so im able to compare the 2 against each other. Maybe i will get around to 3. I see you picked up another one on the classifieds.

I didnt get a 3rd yet. I'm waiting for the next round from Carlos (hopefully improved even more) I like having 2 to compare and I can see differences between the 2. The one looks more well put together than the other.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Another note on bottle pushing. If you are having a tough time figuring out how much to push the bottle: I noticed that if you get the atty nice and warmed up by chain vaping it for a min, take the side cover off, put your ear up near the box, and push the bottle. The warm atty will make an extra sizzle when the blast of juice hits it (as long as you've warmed it up enough). I noticed a couple times I wasnt pushing hard enough, then I would push too hard and flood it. This helps give you an idea on how hard to push depending on juice level.

However, I can say now that the more broken in the atty, the more juice it can handle before flooding. 2 days ago the slightest push would flood the heck out of it

Oh and dont talk about me buying up all the JB's jebey! haha u get that last one? So you have 3 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread