Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I'd start with two of your usual coils, netting .6ohms. Sounds a bit extreme from your current setup, maybe, but with more air, comes coolness and I find that most 22mm atties sing better with 2 coils (or a beefy single coil such as Russ' twisted). The Hastur, IME, is no different.

At .6 net with the air opened, you should find it pleasant and cool enough.

Rob.Gee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Montana
I'd start with two of your usual coils, netting .6ohms. Sounds a bit extreme from your current setup, maybe, but with more air, comes coolness and I find that most 22mm atties sing better with 2 coils (or a beefy single coil such as Russ' twisted). The Hastur, IME, is no different.

What he said. That's how I setup my 22mm rdas. More vapor to compensate for the bigger chamber and airflow.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada

Could I still vape MTL at .6 with the air opened?

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I just wound .5 ohm single coils (26g 5 wraps 5/64" drill bit) for my 22mm Derringer RM8 and 18mm Atomic RM4. They MTL with a single small air opening much warmer than my standard 1.0 ohm coil and will dry out faster so squonking more is a must. But they have more flavor and much more vapor and you can vape quicker and get your finger off the button sooner.

When I say much warmer I mean you get a little throat hit where with a 1.0 or 1.2 ohm coil I almost feel nothing. If you're really into max flavor you might be disappointed in a 22mm atty with a high ohm single coil MTL.

The exception I have is the Magma. It's a 22mm and a TALL atty (single or dual coil) but matches the RM2 in flavor, but is more of a MTL atty than straight lung hits, which I like. I got mine from Catfish. A very versatile atty for a MTL'er.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Just thinking about a new atty, heard Russ's review of the Hastur, it looked interesting but Russ used a twisted coil .44 ohms, a little to warm for me. I am currently running my RM2 at 1.27, wondering what the Hastur would vape like at same ohms.

I did that build cause it was similar to what I run in my stumpys. I also ran it with the air wide open. If I had it in rotation I'd prolly switch that coil out to duals. Side hung single coils just no longer match up with my desire for denser vaper and unrestricted airflow.

The only time I'll run singles now is in a center Z setup like the stumpy.

But for MTL more restricted Vaping in an atty such as the hastur with decent AFC I'd recommend trying a 27 or 28 ga single coil if you wanna go single. I don't use the hastur and the target audience when I recommend the hastur is really for the budget conscious vaper. For the price its damn hard to beat. All SS, authentic and top air channeled to the coils. I really should preface that when I recommend it. If you are accustomed to higher end attys this is not the atty for you. But if you have a $45 atty budget this one will surely meet your expectations with its versatility and quality of vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread