The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA Reviews Thoughts and tips

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Sed8op8, Oct 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Some EU players here also and yeah, probably don't have access without the right goodies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cirus

Cirus Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2014
    Texas
    Hoping for a V2 with Zeus like top fill, glass secured to the top to access deck w/o emptying juice, 25mm and 22mm versions.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Krish Roy

Krish Roy Full Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Hi , on your hastur is the Air flow control ring very loose . On mine it turns around even with the littlest of touches.

Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nailz

Nailz Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    When the tank is off the mod it turns easy, but when it is screwed down on a mod, find it really hard to turn.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ian91

ian91 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 14, 2013
    Westbank, BC Canada
    Mine is very loose all the time. Have to be really careful not to touch it once I have it set on the mod. Great tank though.

• Like Like x 2
  7. kydo99

kydo99 Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    UK
    anyone tried or using the vape band trick to get at the deck without emptying or anything else that works....or generally not bothering?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Krish Roy

Krish Roy Full Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Thanks you all for the replies, I might have got a lemon, loose afc, had to remove oring from the top cap for it to turn & on top of everything it leaks :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Nailz

Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Tried it once, but didn't hold the glass tight enough and still got juice leaking out, didn't try it a 2nd time, now just empty the tank.

• Like Like x 2
  10. kydo99

kydo99 Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    UK
    ok cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  11. kydo99

kydo99 Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    UK
    got one on the way from fasttech :rolleyes: ....i`ve never had a tank before that needs emptying to get at the deck so i`ll have to get used to timing it right and/or syringing the juice out when necessary,
    i just hope i like it and it feels like a good upgrade/replacement to the Siren V1.
    i got the extra inserts as well.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Cirus

Dec 13, 2014
    Texas
    Would anyone who has both Hastur and Ares, who also vapes at higher temps, comment on condensation between the two? Condensation on Ares is driving me nuts! Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nailz

Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I vape at 20 watts on a 1.5 ohm clapton coil, so gets pretty warm and on both my good Ares and Hastur, don't have any condensation on either, maybe you got one of the many faulty Ares?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    God, I hope I didn't. I thought I waited long enough and I ordered mine from HOH in the hopes that it would be one of the new ones. I have yet to do a warranty/repair job on any of my gear (okay, other than replacing tanks, sometimes endlessly it seemed) but so far so good, with all my stuff. Either I've gotten a repair solution HERE, or it's just worked, out of the gate.

I suppose some of that older gear is still around since they didn't do a recall or anything. I was hoping with a US vendor I might have better luck than the slow boat from China as they celebrate Chinese NY with enthusiasm.

Fingers crossed, although it is good sometimes to consider that sometimes it's not YOU, it's the tank. LOL. For me, it's almost always ME.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  15. Cirus

Dec 13, 2014
    Texas
    Thanks! So not to derail this thread I've commented here.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cirus

Dec 13, 2014
    Texas
    Bought mine from Vapor Authority 1/19.

• Like Like x 1
  17. kydo99

kydo99 Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    UK
    i`ve been using this tank for almost a week now and i`m liking it, apart from the drip tips that come with it, nice looking but a bit too wide for me.
    i`ve been using the 3x0.8 air flow resister....started with a 2.5mm coil and i`ve just swapped to a 3mm coil, no leaks or dry hits or anything with either and a nice smooth draw,
    as has been mentioned before i think 3mm is max for this tank, the cotton was slightly crammed in the wick slots with the 3mm coil as i did`nt comb the tails out....i was kind of expecting dry hits to be honest but it`s still wicking well.....i think i will give them a slight comb out next time though unless i go back to the 2.5mm coil.
    going to try the 2x1mm resister at some point and one of the single hole ones and see how that go`s, although a perfectly fine/enoyable vape as is :cool:

edit; i have forgot to mention one negative actually....
    i`ve been having some fights getting the top cap back on when assembling/refilling,
    a bit stiffer than expected getting it off and more often than not a real struggle getting it back on.....
    it seems the tiny o-ring that sits inside the top cap is the culprit....i imagine the top of chimney is squashing against it rather than pushing through it, as when the o-ring is removed it`s easy removing/replacing the top cap, i`ve tried pushing the o-ring right into the recess and put some juice on it to lube it....a little better but still can be a struggle.....
    hopefully with time and with more use it will bed in and get easier as finger and thumb on both hands are on the sore side from fighting with it :-x

• Like Like x 2
  18. Nailz

Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    My silver one top cap is fine, but the 2 black ones was really hard to close the top cap.

I took a dremel to the 2 tabs that lock it in place on the top cap, and now they are a lot easier to close :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. kydo99

kydo99 Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    UK
    it`s the black one i`ve got....i wasn`t expecting it as i`ve watched a few reviews and both have demonstrated removing/replacing the top cap with ease and at least one of them was a black one,

did you dremel the top side of the tabs or bottom side?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nailz

Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I did top and bottom of the tabs, believe it is the black coating that is causing the problem, I didn't go crazy on them, just enough to take the black coating off and now easy to close, not effected the tank at all, still no leaking, so sealing well still.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.