The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA Reviews Thoughts and tips

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Sed8op8, Oct 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    W00t... I had emailed them a while back and they indicated they were working on a 22mm version! Glad to see it actually moving forward!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cirus

Cirus Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2014
    Texas
    Oh no.... Not yellow orange pee crap. Hope they offer glass otherwise I'm out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. maibol

maibol Full Member

Oct 24, 2017
    im with you hope they shoot the frosted or clear glass option

Sent from my X522 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cirus

Dec 13, 2014
    Texas
    And black. All my tanks
    510 was tight but I cranked it down more. Still didn't work. A tank full later it started working. Then stopped. Then started working again and has been since.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Cirus

Dec 13, 2014
    Texas
    Well, don't leave the top cap off, LOL. Not that anyone would. I was filling it and my wife said, "uh honey, our bank has been hit" (just the debit card). Twenty minutes later the juice was everywhere.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. kydo99

kydo99 Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    UK
    pic2.jpg

i`ve stuck this vape band (about 10mm wide) around the top of the full size version to get at the deck when filled with juice and it`s worked every time up to now :) ....
    hold the glass underneath the vape band and turn the bottom/deck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Cirus

Dec 13, 2014
    Texas
    When I was trying different inserts and coils I was successful one time out of two without a band and only 1/3 juice. Seems like a band would really help.

Really enjoying this tank. Don't even want to use any other. Best vape I have ever had.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. kydo99

kydo99 Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    UK
    yes it`s a bit dicey with nothing holding it....slight knock and juice will empty out,
    but the vape band holds it quite steady.
    i`m enjoying this tank too, although for me i think the berserker is the tank to equal or beat now.....i sometimes think the berserker is all i really need, but i do appreciate a bit of variety with how different tanks vape.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Cirus

Dec 13, 2014
    Texas
    Berserker is there with flavor, smoothness, etc.....but bottom fill? Toothpick fill? Anything other than how it was intended - top fill? No thanks. That's a tank killer. Hastur does everything Zerk does and functions as intended.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. kydo99

kydo99 Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    UK
    i bottom fill it and find it no real problem, although it is designed to be top fill i`m used to bottom filling from the Doggystyle RTA and just accept it with the Berserker......
    it`s worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    +1

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cirus

Dec 13, 2014
    Texas
    To each their own. It's why I don't have a doggy, didn't buy the zerk, and don't use it. I find it inconvenient and unnecessary.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    I passed on the Hastur for other inconveniences, no way to pull deck and way too big.

22mm version will address the latter and hopefully design will address the former also.

It did vape extremely well, for me, with the 1mm insert.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Cirus

Dec 13, 2014
    Texas
    1mm is what I'm using now while I wait for the 1.2 from China. I don't ever need to access the deck other than changing coil and wick so I just vape dry. Vaping dry isn't an inconvenience lol

• Like Like x 4
  15. kydo99

kydo99 Senior Member

Aug 18, 2017
    UK
    i tried the 3x0.8mm air insert first and although it felt slightly too airy i was enjoying it,
    then went onto a single hole (1.4mm) and still a bit too airy, after vaping that tank i went to try the 1.2mm but ended up putting the 2x1mm in instead, i think the 1.2mm will be best for me or possibly even the 1mm.
    i do wish the afc was better on this tank as for me it makes little to no difference with whatever air insert i`ve had in, i was aware of this with other tanks i`ve got/had with the same afc design (Cthulhu MTL RTA being one of them) although it kind of slipped my mind when buying this one.....i prefer individual afc holes or similar to feel like i can dial it in better and not these elongated jobby`s on either side.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ian91

ian91 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 14, 2013
    Westbank, BC Canada
    Does anyone know of a bubble glass that would fit this tank? Would be nice to up the amt of ejuice it could hold.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.