Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA Reviews Thoughts and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
And black. All my tanks
Never mind. I pulled out my old vtc mini with arcticfox and it works. Duh! :facepalm: My dna 75 isn't liking something. Guess I'm going to have to take a look at the 510 pin/positive/negative/connections.
510 was tight but I cranked it down more. Still didn't work. A tank full later it started working. Then stopped. Then started working again and has been since.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

kydo99

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2017
UK
A mini version has just been announced!
Deck will be accessible with full tank too :)

pic2.jpg

i`ve stuck this vape band (about 10mm wide) around the top of the full size version to get at the deck when filled with juice and it`s worked every time up to now :) ....
hold the glass underneath the vape band and turn the bottom/deck.

Last edited:

kydo99

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2017
UK
yes it`s a bit dicey with nothing holding it....slight knock and juice will empty out,
but the vape band holds it quite steady.
i`m enjoying this tank too, although for me i think the berserker is the tank to equal or beat now.....i sometimes think the berserker is all i really need, but i do appreciate a bit of variety with how different tanks vape.

Last edited:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
To each their own. It's why I don't have a doggy, didn't buy the zerk, and don't use it. I find it inconvenient and unnecessary.
I passed on the Hastur for other inconveniences, no way to pull deck and way too big.

22mm version will address the latter and hopefully design will address the former also.

It did vape extremely well, for me, with the 1mm insert.

kydo99

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2017
UK
i tried the 3x0.8mm air insert first and although it felt slightly too airy i was enjoying it,
then went onto a single hole (1.4mm) and still a bit too airy, after vaping that tank i went to try the 1.2mm but ended up putting the 2x1mm in instead, i think the 1.2mm will be best for me or possibly even the 1mm.
i do wish the afc was better on this tank as for me it makes little to no difference with whatever air insert i`ve had in, i was aware of this with other tanks i`ve got/had with the same afc design (Cthulhu MTL RTA being one of them) although it kind of slipped my mind when buying this one.....i prefer individual afc holes or similar to feel like i can dial it in better and not these elongated jobby`s on either side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread