Hate my volt...LOVE Blu disposable. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
also - which of the three on this page is the one that i want, and how many should i order?

https://www.ikenvape.com/searchresults.asp?cat=1837

If you are using the Volt battery then none of those really are in the right range. You want 2.6-2.8 ohms. You could try 2.0 ohms I guess, but I think you'd be better with 2.6-2.8ohms, which is how SI match them.
These ones I linked are 2.6:
Kanger 808D Horizontal Cartos 5PK | Cartomizers | Vaperite.com
You may need to scroll down the page a bit.

I wouldn't pass on the SI ones - they are pretty good too, once you get the right juice in there.
I've used 808s a lot so I know how the cartos need to work well.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Youre going to get more vapor and flavor from a device running 3.7-4.2 volts from a low resistance cartomizer. Thats a generally accepted fact on every forum Ive ever visited.

Running 2.6 to 2.8 ohms you'd need 4.6 to 5.0 volts to deliver best flavor and vapor production.

Im not going to get into yet ANOTHER pointless argument with you Kiwi, especially when were both trying to help someone here. Sorry about posting to an item that was out of stock, I didnt look all that closely at the page as I'm not the one ordering them.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I think for you cartomizers will work best with the Volt batteries. There are small clearos for them but my experience was that cartos are better. The small clearomizers leaked I found.
The bigger clearomizers are for the bigger batteries.

Nearly forgot - you can use the discount codes at SI:
10VOLTECF for 10% off entire purchase

CompareOur808d for 15% off cartomizers only

Last edited:

teggykid952

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Auburn, Alabama
The Nano uses a bottom coil, which will give a cooler vape (for some it means less irritation on their throat), it does use wicks instead of the filler in cartomizers. Some prefer one, other prefer the other. If you are constantly out (like me, I'm in college) clearomizers work better because they hold more liquid, and you can clearly see when you need to add more. Here's a chart to help you decide what you need to use in terms of different ohm rated tips for your battery

http://i.imgur.com/Ohn8o.png

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Haven't used the Nano - did try the CE3s. Mixed reports on the nano - works great for some and not for others. I'd say if you get Nanos have cartomizers as well. Just in case.

SI took time to match everything - the Volts are regulated at 3.7v. The Nanos resistance is similar to their cartomizers I believe, so the batteries last better between charges.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Yeah if you buy all SI, then don't worry everything will match just fine. The chart was more for if he was looking for some other options from different companies

The chart is good for reference. You must be one who found the Nanos good to use. I've been told they give a great taste.

jafmf95

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Potatoland
I love this thread! It was me two months ago!

My only advice - don't overstock on anything. You're going to be over the "needs to look like a cig" thing soon. When you do, skip the basic eGo and go right to a twist or spinner and work from there. The variable voltage is very helpful when you start experimenting with different cartos/clearos/tanks/etc.

I started on Blu and I'll admit I still buy some prefilled Java Jolts on occasion. Love that one and haven't been able to find that juice yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread