Status
Not open for further replies.

Figurehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.myspace.com
Well, the tracking says that it is here. When I get home I got a fresh battery charged and I'm going to fire each one of them up and see how they work. I of course am keeping the best working one for myself. I'll post a review, probably a side by side with the RN4062 and post it on Youtube this weekend some time.

Hexum

Apr 6, 2009
Received mine today, ordered it monday. Very shibby turn around time.

Disclaimer: This is my first e-cig, and previously I have only smoked RYO's and cigars. That said:

Opened it all up and put it together. Battery wasn't giving me much power, vape was weak (primer?). Took battery out, put it in the charger.

I took out the High cart and refilled it with French pipe. (Yum.) However, now the packing material does not stay inside of the cart. (Woops, this normal?)

After battery charged for 4 hours and light was green on the charger, popped her back in and gave it a run. Smoooooth. Easy draw. Great Vapor. Easy to do rings. Battery stays lit for longer than 5 seconds if you give it a solid draw. Very pleased from my first vaping experience. Thanks Shawn.

To the vets; is it normal for the atomizer end to get fairly warm, borderline hot when vaping?

Cheers,
Hex

Figurehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.myspace.com
I just got home and got all 5 of mine. I am charging batteries right now while I go to a poker tourney. I will test them all later tonight.

Despite Shawns best packing, each on of my 5 kits was TOTALY loose. Everything inside of them was out of place and cockeyed. I don't put blame on Shawn for this, but rather the post office. He obviouslt packed them well enough, as the huge ammount of packing foam now scattered all over my living room can attest to.

Yes, the atomizers get hotter than regular minis and pens. They are alot bigger. Just make sure you keep an eye out for them going "Super Nova" on you.

My review will be taped when I get home and posted on Youtube this weekend some time.

Figurehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.myspace.com
Well, I'm out of the tourney already but I'm not going to get to the Havanas tonight. I'm going to let the batteries get a nice charge on them and when I get home tomorrow from work I'm going to tape my review right out of the box. You will see how well they do at the same time I see how well they do. One promising sign is that the batteries, chargers, and tubes look EXACTLY like the RN4062 e-cigars that I LOVE. The Havanas say right on the back of the instuction book that they are DSE-701 e-cigars. I'm crossing my fingers that the only differance is the 5 second cut off I read about here.

Jeffrey

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Hey Shawn just got my havanna friday and I can't seem to get good vapor/throat hit from it it only lights for about 3-4 secs the just stops atomizing. Very weird I get better vapor from my dse901. Could you please advise what I may be doing wrong??

John

Just need to break it in, as mine did that at first too. I have to say that this thing is awesome. I can vape all day and not worry about batteries or changing a cart while at work. Also mine does not have a 5 second cutoff, its 7, but I never need that much.

Figurehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.myspace.com
OK, I just now video taped a review of all 5 Havana's I got and will post the video tomorrow. I have one that is causing me some concern. As you will be able to see in the video review, on the 3rd on I open and try, the battery light and reset hole blink on and off non stop. This concerns me a little bit. I used the excact same battery in each review.

The only other small problems I have are the cart material on 2 (I had to use 2 carts from 1 kit to review) comes out of the cart and gets stuck to the atomizers on every one I reviewed. NOT a major deal because if it happens with every cart, I will just take the fill out and reglue it back in with hot glue. I noticed it looks like they use very little glue on the carts as opposed to any other e-cigar cart I have used so this might be why. Once again, an easy fix on my end.

Another bad thing is the taste of the primer fluid in these. Does anyone have a dog's .... I can lick to get the taste out of my mouth? Again, not anything terrible, I'll just be glad when that taste ios gone and I can taste the e-juice I put in instead.

I noticed that right out of the box these are slow to start producing vapor. I suspected dried atomizers so I primed each one with a drop or 2 of Marlboro 24 and right away they started to improve. I think after a day or so they will get even better.

Shipping was FAST and excellently packed, however it looks like my mailman had a bad day and was kind of rough. Nothing was broken, but everything inside of the kits was loose and had fallen out of it's little spot. Again, NOT litecigusa.com's fault.

I gave them a 2 thumbs up and will re-review them on vapor production in a day or so after I have gotten a chance to break them in.

4 out of 5 work pretty good and show definate signs of improving. The one with the battery problem will probably be sent back for a replacement.

Shawn has a bunch of these, if you want one, get it now.

Figurehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.myspace.com
UPDATE:

I haven't had a chance to do a 2nd review yet, but these bad boys are still going strong! AND.... get this....

The 1 e-cigar I had blinking (3rd one reviewed) was being packed up to be sent back today for a replacement. I decided to pop a battery in and try it out one last time. The blinking has stopped and it seems to be working fine right now so I am keeping it. Now THAT was a pleasent surprise for both me and Shawn!

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I have had to top off the cartridges. But I love mine. Unfortunately, my dad has one of mine, and I destroyed the atomizer on the one I have. So I'm struggling thru. I have much better throat hit if I take a number of throat hits in a row, rather than one big lung hit. It's a different way of smoking and hits than the way I use my 801.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread