Status
Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
New order arrived from Northerner a few days ago. Will place another one soon I'm sure, still room in the freezer.

In this order was something new for me to try.

Snuff.

TBob got my attention with his video, read more about snuff here and on other forums on the interweb and felt I had to give it a try.

Hmmm, pinch the size of a pea. Bullet. As hard as you think you may need to sniff, sniff slightly less. No white handkerchiefs.

OK. I'm ready. Toque Chocolate in a tin, or I guess it's called a smash box or some such, whole new lingo yet again. Toque Whiskey and Honey in a bullet. Mechanism of the bullet seems straightforward enough, let's try that one out first.

My, small amount, certainly not pea-sized. Slight little whiff, keep it all in the front, tingles! Smells good! Damn it do tingle!! Well hell that was fun lets try the Chocolate.

Pea-sized pinch 'tween the index and thumb, whoaa. That sure looks like a lot! Let's start with a smaller pinch. Bring up to nose, sniff, 'nuther gooood bit of tingle. Not clear on the chocolate association but it is pleasant.

Achoooo! Blue paisley handkerchief, good. Oh? Smell/taste something reminiscent of chocolate now. Very nice. Bit of a trickle in sinuses and back of throat but all very pleasant. Let's try this again.

Pea-sized pinch 'tween the index and thumb, sure why not. Up to the right nostril, this is going to require a tiny bit more of a sniff to get it all and...

Right side of my face and head buzzed for at least 5 minutes. Took about that long for my right eye to stop watering! Never did sneeze off of that one but thank goodness I got the bit about "No white handerkerchiefs" right! Whoo-Wheee!

Last edited:

crunkNASTY

Moved On
Nov 19, 2009
parts unknown, Tx
  • Deleted by Sun Vaporer
  • Reason: spam

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
I feel your pain, olderthandirt. I haven't worked up the nerve to try snuff, but I did buy the last box of Stonewall Java my local tobacco shop had.

I carried in around for a couple of weeks before I used it. Popped one in my mouth......talk about a tingle and mouth watering. Then I started to hiccup...took out the Stonewall.......hiccups stopped......put it back in my mouth.......hiccups. I finally gave up after the third try when I started hiccuping again.I must say, it did taste good.

I also received the sampler pack from GetSnus but I don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to try it.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I did plenty of laughing at myself for sure!

And some silly giggling too! The tingle and taste/smell of the snuff, when not causing tears mind, is so unique and pleasant I'm sure I'll be working with this for long enough to get the use perfected.

I beleive T Bob spotlighted Dholakia Chocolate, I got the Toque as a matter of order efficiency. Was expecting something like a Dove chocolate hit up the nose but, always remember what happens with expectations.

Still, it is a nice change up. The Whiskey and Honey, I have no idea what it puts me in mind of. Initial impressions twixt the 2 has it as my preference for the the first time out.

Wonder if I'll be adding snuff to my signature...

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Wow, Older, you are braver than I am! Much!
Looks as though the snuff you tried could work out to be very pleasant.
There could be a run on Paisley handkerchieves! :)

No run on handkerchiefs from me at least C. I've plenty left over from when I had hair to bundle up! :D

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
It was Dholakia Swiss Chocolate and Wow! Coffee Bite. I love both. The Toque chocolate seemed under-flavored to me, while the Dholakia is liking sniffing freshly ground cocoa beans. Same for the Coffee Bite. I don't have a Toque favorite and have pretty much given up on them.

I see.

I got the Toque because I was ordering from Northerner any way, thought to save on shipping etc.

Kind of surprised at what the various vendors that specialize in snuff charge for shipping!

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
:lol: Oh man, what a picture :lol:!! I've decided to follow your guys' lead on the snus, but now you're treading in waters my wife'll never let me go.

Aww, go on TV, it's a hoot!

As long as you remember, NO WHITE HANDKERCHIEFS, and mebbe just do yer own laundry for that matter, she won't mind.

Pull stunts like mine occasionally and give her additional reasons to laugh at ya! :D

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Aww, go on TV, it's a hoot!

As long as you remember, NO WHITE HANDKERCHIEFS, and mebbe just do yer own laundry for that matter, she won't mind.

Pull stunts like mine occasionally and give her additional reasons to laugh at ya! :D

Naw, a couple of the kids are in the Bugger Brigade and if she noticed my fingers headed toward my nose....see, she competes in karate and I....well, she's pretty fast and....jeeze, OTD, I don't wanna even ask :cry:.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Naw, a couple of the kids are in the Bugger Brigade and if she noticed my fingers headed toward my nose....see, she competes in karate and I....well, she's pretty fast and....jeeze, OTD, I don't wanna even ask :cry:.

Ah so Twisted Grasshopper.
The wiser path for you could well be that of the Tao of No-Snuff.

My situation is so completely different TV. Mine would just as soon I did have my finger up my nose! 8-o

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Man soo need to get some this double barreling los oden's extra sterk is not condusive to talking.

BAD day and a bit of muddy snot nose would be preferable to double barrelled S**T lips.

SOO praying to the usps and snus gods my odens portions are in my box.

By gawd Dredbull, when you make an entrance you do indeed make an entrance!

hehe... snot nose preferable to s**t lips :lol:

I'm getting better already! No sneezing, no watery eyes all afternoon!

Beer Man

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Wonder Lake, Illinois USA
I may have to try sniffing again. Tried it a few years back, but couldn't get the hang of it. My last tin ended up spilling on the floorboard of my van. The stain is still there. I know this because i looked earlier today. Anyway, the gf would kill me. I got Swisher Sweets, two 510's and accessories, e-juice all over the house, snus stacked up in the fridge. Enough already. Damn addict.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I may have to try sniffing again. Tried it a few years back, but couldn't get the hang of it. My last tin ended up spilling on the floorboard of my van. The stain is still there. I know this because i looked earlier today. Anyway, the gf would kill me. I got Swisher Sweets, two 510's and accessories, e-juice all over the house, snus stacked up in the fridge. Enough already. Damn addict.

Uh huh

All too familiar beer man. Couple of boxes in "strategic" locations with batteries and chargers and daily juice selections. Couple more boxes in other spots with juice and hardware stashes.

Then of course the PV racks, one at the computer, one in the TV room.

Now... add to that the container of open snus cans in the fridge and the rolls of sealed cans in the freezer.

And again, add to that the increase in used paisley hankies well,

hehe

Yeah, she's long suffering mine is... provided I do my own laundry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread