Have a laugh on me, 1st snuff sniff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

enadrown

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
Salina, Kansas
LOL. I remember my dad always talking about "cokesnuff" that he used to get at the head shops, when I discovered snuff online i told him, his OCD kicked in and now we both have several cans, LOL. I don't feel that it takes away any nicotine craving (for myself at least I think it makes it worse.) I haven't sneezed once either, my husband sneezes almost everytime, no drain, needing to blow our noses, or anything (we have Toque brand.) I was talking to dad and we both were kind of same on our opinion, it doesn't do much for us besides for having fun snorting something. LOL.

Mom saw us with this stuff the other day and reminded him of why he stopped buying cokesnuff. When I was really little apparently I told someone "That's the stuff daddy puts in his nose." He never bought it after that and even has one new (well unopened 20 year old tin of it.)

Either way, its just something kind of fun and different for us, lol.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Hey, OTD, sounds like a place not negotiable in the dark. (Ow, my eye, :-x!!!)

Yeah, gotta have the lights on for some things!

JohnSpringerCollectionCorbis_3stoog.jpg

I have been known to put tiny sticky notes ups proclaiming "booger hooks off!" on equipment at work.

Guess I need to start putting them up more around the house.

Sorry about earlier was a good day then went downhill faster than a crack ho needing a fix. Hence the double barrel s lips comment.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
WOW just realised I could be called a brown nose at work.... Ordering a bullet just need feedback on GOOD snot sniffer tobacco.

Hey guy, hopefully someone else jumps in here to throw a suggestion your way.

My TOTAL snuff experience is with Toque brand.
A bullet of Whiskey and Honey
A 10gram tin of Chocolate.
I like the flavor, taste of the Whiskey/honey over the Chocolate, the chocolate is kind of bland. But...
The bullet is a PITA to use compared to simply taking a pinch from the tin.

I got those from Northerner, but you might want to check out Nicotine Rush for selection, PRICE and ship time. Might be better.

Also, T Bob holds that the Dholakia brand Swiss Chocolate is killer!

You can find reviews at SnuffReviews.com [BETA]

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
olderthandirt you're doing it all wrong. Grab a roll of paper towels if you're insistent on putting all that chocolate and flavoured nonsense up your nose. Chocolate Snuff is not food. Boogers are not food. Do yourself a favour and stick with a generations tried and tested snuff like McCrystals Original and don't vaccum up a pea size in each nostril, just what will fit on the a tip of a sharp knife. sniff it and relax. If you sneeze and your eyes cascade, you've hit the sinus. The snuff has, not the knife.
No paisley or paper required. Just point your snout upwards into your daily (we hope) shower and give it a rinse.:D

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
olderthandirt you're doing it all wrong. Grab a roll of paper towels if you're insistent on putting all that chocolate and flavoured nonsense up your nose. Chocolate Snuff is not food. Boogers are not food.
But I LIKE chocolate V. I REALLY like chocolate! But true that, the snoot full of chocolate boogers is not what I had in mind with the expectant hopes of something akin to a Dove Bar up the nose. It ended up more like a Baby Ruth...
Do yourself a favour and stick with a generations tried and tested snuff like McCrystals Original and don't vaccum up a pea size in each nostril, just what will fit on the a tip of a sharp knife. sniff it and relax.
The "size of a pea" thing came from several How To Use blurbs I'd read. The amount you describe is what I've hit upon since that 1st major sinus hit. :lol:

If you sneeze and your eyes cascade, you've hit the sinus. The snuff has, not the knife.
No paisley or paper required. Just point your snout upwards into your daily (we hope) shower and give it a rinse.:D
I am going to try the Dholakia Swiss Chocolate. I am and you can't stop me! :D

I will take your recommendation on the McCrystals though. So many brands and styles. What can I expect from which? Will do as I have been with the snus and try a few out.

Scotch, American, Shmazltler, SP, dry or moist.... whole new nomenclature! 'Nuther dern langauge... Phooey!

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Hi Older!
trouble with peas is they are all different sizes anyway!

The Wiz! just passed me this website - he's trying out Spanish Gem (Toque) soon. dunno if you had the link already but anyhoo..

EDIT yep you do!!! nemmind!

SnuffReviews.com [BETA]

Best,

:)

C.

I actually have that one open in another tab just now! The Wiz does get around, he posted an Introduction on a snuff forum about 22 hours before I did hehe

Yes, size of a pea. Right. My experience of yesterday was gauging snuff amount by the size of a plump fresh from the garden pea.

'bout half the size of a dried split pea is closer to what works! :D

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Yes, size of a pea. Right. My experience of yesterday was gauging snuff amount by the size of a plump fresh from the garden pea.

Hey now, you had been warned about gentle, gentle gentle. It just takes a bit-o-time to get used to it. I do a frozen pea size on each side with no problems. But I couldn't do that when I started.

My suggestion would be to try some of the straight tobacco flavored snuffs.

Togue original (one of my favorites)
Togue SP extra (not tried it yet but supposed to have extra nicotine kick)

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Hey now, you had been warned about gentle, gentle gentle. It just takes a bit-o-time to get used to it. I do a frozen pea size on each side with no problems. But I couldn't do that when I started.

My suggestion would be to try some of the straight tobacco flavored snuffs.

Togue original (one of my favorites)
Togue SP extra (not tried it yet but supposed to have extra nicotine kick)

Yeah yeah yeah.. I was indeed told Stubby but "youngsters" like me.. whaddayagonnado! :D

I've been looking through the selections at mars cigars and pipes. Hmmm, seems a better bet price-wise and shipping costs then the other vendors.

Comparing my reactions from the 2 I've tried so far against reviews on snuffreviews.com I'm thinking I'd like to try an American Scotch next.

Any thoughts on vendors or Scotch style snuff?

loudy

Aug 31, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Comparing my reactions from the 2 I've tried so far against reviews on snuffreviews.com I'm thinking I'd like to try an American Scotch next.

Any thoughts on vendors or Scotch style snuff?

Rooster by US Smokeless.
Give that a try and report back here.
Just hold onto your seat the first time. And sniff GENTLY on these american scotch blends! Trust me, lol.
But once you get the hang of them, these have tons of smoky goodness in them.
Get it from Nicotine Rush.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Rooster by US Smokeless.
Give that a try and report back here.
Just hold onto your seat the first time. And sniff GENTLY on these american scotch blends! Trust me, lol.
But once you get the hang of them, these have tons of smoky goodness in them.
Get it from Nicotine Rush.

Greetings loudy

Seen mucho reference to Rooster. Along with mucho warnings!:evil:

He he. Was looking at Swisher Square for my 1st Scotch outing...

loudy

Aug 31, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Greetings loudy

Seen mucho reference to Rooster. Along with mucho warnings!:evil:

He he. Was looking at Swisher Square for my 1st Scotch outing...

I never did get to trying Square but heard great things about it. The Americans I did try were:
-Rooster (Potent. Very flavorful and has a tremendous bite that really grew on me)
-Levi Garrett (Only comes in these massive lifetime worth bottles. Thankfully it's really good and cheap. Smoother, smokier, and feels "fluffier" in the nose than Rooster. Really lingers too)
-WE Garrett (Tastes almost the same as the above to me, maybe a bit less smooth)
-Bruton (Quite similar to Rooster to me. But more harsh)
-Checkerberry (Great if you like wintergreen. I don't so I can't stand it. Anyone who wants a free massive supply, PM me and it's yours.)
-Honey Bee Sweet (A fantastic sweet American blend. Tastes JUST like powdered honey. Makes any throat drip taste great):p

Coming from flavored/perfumed snuffs, things like Rooster/Garrett/Bruton are going to remind you of the aroma of campfire charcoal at first. And if you can learn how to sniff them just right, you'll probably end up liking them.
I put away all my tons of snuff when I started vaping but this thread has made me crack open a few old tins. I'm glad I did.:D

My boss stopped smoking I tossed him my tin of mini mints and he was BEARABLE to be around.

He did notice I was very mellow but busting hump like a mad fiend and inquired about my loadset.

Gave him a skruff and he was down and out for a good chunk of today.. To much nic for him. I laughed and pulled my can of Oden kanel extra sterk loose out and tormented him.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I actually have that one open in another tab just now! The Wiz does get around, he posted an Introduction on a snuff forum about 22 hours before I did hehe

OTD....The Wiz certainly does get around!! I am a "Snuffing fool" these days. Glad to see you are enjoying the world of snuff!! I would have to say my average portion is slightly smaller than a garden pea.(more like an apple seed) experimentation will lead one to the correct portion that works for them!! My best to you!!:)The Wiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread