Status
Not open for further replies.

DanG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
NWI Cedar Tuckey (Lake)
I never thought I would quit, 3 packs a day... nope I tried everything to quit why would this be different. I actually got my first mod because I didn't want to smoke out hunting. I bought it and used it for a couple hours. I went to go have a smoke and thought I was broken. I threw it down after two drags. I told myself I guess I'm a vaper now. I switched my wife over, same reaction. I was actually behind my dad when he went out to smoke, I will admit I was a bit sick to my stomach. Next time I go to the vape shop it is going to be clearos for everybody.

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
That's almost exactly like it was for me! The only difference was I just decided to try a morning without the first cigarette and it stuck. I never vowed to not have another....it's always been an option and I even keep a cigarette around just in case...lol

I put the cigarette in a box of my gear a few days ago because it was taking up space and never thought about it.

Heehee.

The first week I quit, I had THREE half empty open packs in my car. I left them sitting on the front seat.

I was actually recently unpacking a bag from a trip I went on the last week I was a smoker(yes, I am lazy with unpacking...lol).

Well, guess what I found in the bag. An unopened pack of smokes. I did not throw them out, as I am thinking about framing them as they are the last pack of smokes I bought. Haha.

I figure, I can't hide from smoking or smokers or even cigarettes. That was also always my downfall when I tried toquit previously as I would try to change my lifestyle to avoid being around smokers or cigarettes.

Vaping though, really got that 20+ year monkey off my back as I have something I like More than smoking. I actually feel like I could be a part time smoker like those I envied before when I was a smoker. But the funny thing is, I have no desire to be a smoker, whether part time or anything anymore.

Cigs are just...nasties now. :)

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I have absolutely no desire to smoke an analog ever again and I'm not even tempted around those that still smoke. That's the magic of the VP to me.

And I don't want to look at my signature banner and think to myself, "except the one I smoked just the other day."

I figure if you don't have a whole one it can't count on your meter....lol It doesn't show HALF cigarettes nor does it measure in hits.

That said, I didn't feel I could put a banner in my sig until I'd gone a full day without a cigarette.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I'm over a year CIG free. My dog died unexpectedly last week on the way to emergency vet (diabetes complication) just before I had to work. In the madness I left all my gear at home, I bummed a smoke at work. I not only regretted it, but did not enjoy it in the slightest...tastes horrid. I was never happier to see my ecig once I got home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I'm sorry about your friend SNS.

I've just given my little dog a tummy-rub and had a big old vape in both your and your pets honor.

Ramjet

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
USA
joekittock.blogspot.com
Some real neat stories here, but I'll tell ya what I noticed in the last couple days...By the way, my names Joe, I've been off almost 5 months. Smoked 38 years never missing a full day that I remember:blink: Anyway, havn't had a smoke since June 4th, the day I started vaping. No desire for a smoke the whole time. Almost...too easy I should say.:) Had a double hernia repaired last week, so I've been vaping my head off.:oops: You know, you've seen it, take my sister inlaw who is bypolar. Every now and then, she thinks, I don't need this stuff, I feeeel great! Then don't be followin her to close on the highway - ROAD RAGE.
Back to me feeling pretty good. Remember, 5 months and not even an inckling desire to lite up. So, I say's to myself, don't vape this morning, wait a while. tic, tock, tic, tock...4 hours later, hear it comes, no vape for just FOUR STINKIN HOURS, big deal right. I've got 24mg juice I've been breathing in. I smoked 1.5 pad a day. I'm thinkin a smoke would be real nice right now, first time in months.

I grabbed my 650 mah, Iclear 16 and everything lined up again. that was yesterday, so I though, come on, try it again. So I did the same today, only went 3 1/4 hrs before caving.

The moral of this story - That smoke thing is hangin around very, very close to us. Still kind of a helpless feeling. I'll tapper down my nic intake before flying solo again:oops:

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
Thank you :) He was a good one. Ive got 5 others, all his offspring (call me crazy) so he still lives on

nyba9eze.jpg

His youngest son..wish I had a picture of the OG on my phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

R. Scott Kennan

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Hartford, CT, United States
And I don't want to look at my signature banner and think to myself, "except the one I smoked just the other day."

That's where I am now. I'm still smoking a few analogs a day which is an improvement over the pack and a half I was smoking. I just started vaping a few weeks ago, and only got a kit that works consistently this week. I'm not 100% about my flavors yet. I need more variety, because I keep getting bored with what I have.

Still, when it's great it's great. I know I'll get it working right. When I do, I'll get my banner. I have 9 packs left to sort it out, and at the reduced rate they should last as long as I need them to, or longer.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
yup...it's the darnedest (spelling, tho spell check seems ok with it) thing, I actually had to brush teeth to get taste out of my mouth, and I don't seem to recall it tasting that bad when I first started smoking!!!
Which admittedly was at a very young age and that age you haven't developed a taste for the finer things anyway .... like I used to always drink freeze-dried coffee, that you just throw in some hot water and what not, now I don't even want to touch that stuff anymore (it does work in a pinch, but rather not).
However, I still do like the very first drag of a freshly lit cigarette and the smell of that too (but I still have to mouthwash right after) ....what's up with that?

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
Oh yah, I still have the same 3 1/2 packs of cigs I quit with. Because of those stinkin politicians:evil: and such, I hate to let em go just yet.
I still have a closed pack floating around in my backpack (since june), just to be able to say "That's the last pack I bought before I got my PV" ... I've also used it for comparing sizes in pics for people that want to know about PV's

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I took a puff from a cigarette a couple of weeks ago. Well, not a puff - I didn't inhale - just pulled the smoke into my mouth and out through my nose. I was trying to get a taste of a friend's cigarette so I could mimic it for him.

And it worked. I made up a super-harsh (perique tobacco/heavy menthol) blend and he's been vaping for two weeks now. :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I'm over a year CIG free. My dog died unexpectedly last week on the way to emergency vet (diabetes complication) just before I had to work. In the madness I left all my gear at home, I bummed a smoke at work.

I haven't smoked in 18 months, but I think that scenario would drive me to having one.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend and companion.

Years ago, before ecigs were around, I went cold turkey on cigs and was quit for 5 whole years! Then my dog had a bad accident on a hiking trip and I had to put her down, and I bought a pack of cigs that day. :(

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Most importantly, the having no fear of cigarettes or of falling back into them anymore is really really nice. The first time I have quit smoking that I dont want nor fear becoming a smoker again.
I hear you, but I'm not going to bore you with a long-winded reply.
If you want, you can read any of these posts I have made over the years.
:)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ries/100774-different-kind-success-story.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...364067-may-sound-strange-but.html#post8167256
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ose-who-recently-off-analogs.html#post8530851
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...397270-when-you-head-out-day.html#post9071615
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...garettes-after-week-off-them.html#post9987307

But yeah, cigarettes don't scare me, and they don't have any power over me anymore.
So I can smoke one whenever I want, just because I want to.

That's the power of the vape.
:thumb:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Not even during that 'lil two Spinner battery failure meltdown a few weeks ago? Don't worry - you're secrets are safe with me. :evil:

I DID think about one that night but I WANTED an ecig...lol It was desperation driving me, not desire.

Besides, I bought and suffered through a Blu disposable. :D

fishtaco

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
WA
I haven't even thought about trying a cigarette.

Same as me! its only been 12 months on the Vape but it was 35 years on the smokes!

I can honestly say I will never smoke again and nor do i want to/feel the need to.

Smoke smell doesnt bother me unless i get in an elevator with somebody who has just had a smoke and then its only because i realise i smelt that way for 35 years lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread