have you tasted a smoke since you quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
I don't want to give it a try. Yes, it still scares me! I have made it 4 weeks and don't want to go back. Many have said to try it that I will likely not like it but I'm not willing to take that chance. I have quit several times through the years but always went back. Last weekend I did finally get rid of the ones I carried in my purse. LOL It was kind of a comfort thing knowing they were there but was never tempted to try one.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I never tried one again after a few days in. By then they tasted so bad I only had a few puffs and had to put it out. I have no fear of giving one a try now (after more than 2 years) but I also have no desire. Walking past a smoker does not make me crave them at all.

Recently a guy came to give an estimate on redoing our guest bathroom. He was a smoker and I could smell it on him. He was in the house for about an hour, and spent about 30 minutes sitting at the kitchen table with me discussing options. By the time he left, the stale smell of cigarettes was making me nauseous. I hate to be one of 'those' people, but it really was. Incidentally, he as asking about my ecig. He had tried the gas station ones and didn't find them enjoyable. I let him try my Provari, and while I was explaining how to inhale he took the most monster drag straight to the lungs that I've ever seen. He coughed and gasped and tears started coming out of his eyes. I felt so bad. I should have explained it before I handed him the PV. I hope I didn't turn him off of ecigs forever! He was a super nice guy. I suggested he visit altsmoke. Hopefully he will do that and realize not all hits are tear inducing.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I haven't even tried a cig since I started vaping. I actually quit a week before I started vaping, was going nuts and decided to give vaping a try since I was having horrible nic fits. I truly don't want any part of cigs.

I've been around smokers and at first, I missed the smell, ease of it and the habit but now when I'm around it, it doesn't smell so good anymore. For me, the smell of someone who just went outside to smoke, the stale, lingering part is horrible.

But with all my other quits, the three month time frame always got me and im right about there now. I thought I could handle one cig while out w/friends drinking and next thing I knew, I went out and bought a pack. So I'm curious what it would be like, but addictions run strong in both sides of my familes. I know w/my addictive behavior, I just have to stay away from cigs or I fear I'd be back on them.

Sure they may taste like crap at first, but so did my very first one nearly 20 yrs ago and I still managed to get use to that taste, cough and grossness and start smoking. And I fear I'd do that all over again. I don't think I would this time and I detest BT and will not contribute to the deep, killing pockets any longer.

I'd rather not tempt myself. I still have a hard time out w/friends while they're smoking because I kind of had a cig drag time down (when to take a drag), it was natural for me. With vaping, my timing is like off and I will at times over vape..it's hard to describe. I'm still trying to get the social part of vaping down w/people who are non vapers.

Last edited:

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
I'm 10 days in and haven't had any desire to have a cigarette at all. I keep reading these stories about people having days where the urge comes back strong. That hasn't happened to me but if it does I have 24mg liquid on hand to fight it with.

I know some people see no harm in having the odd one to remind you it's a bad idea but that won't work for me I want to stay away from them completely if I can.

BCFCMike

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Bristol, England
Does tossing between analogs and vaping actually work?

I'm concerned cos I'll finally be taking vaping on fully at the end of the month, but I go to watch the football (soccer) with my mates on the weekend, have a few drinks, and they all smoke. It was sort of a routine I got into, just a day out with the lads really...

I can't really see myself taking my Spinner to any matches, but at the same time I want to be able to get off the analogs completely, and not have to worry about wanting one when out with friends having a few drinks..

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
Haven't tried one since I got my original kit in the mail 2.5 months ago and at the moment I'm still kinda afraid to.
I have been having the occasional dreams where I light one up, take a few drags and think "oh crap, that's right I quit". So so far, I'm only smoking in my dreams.
Now this post has me wanting to go find someone smoking and try a drag...

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury

I'm concerned cos I'll finally be taking vaping on fully at the end of the month, but I go to watch the football (soccer) with my mates on the weekend, have a few drinks, and they all smoke. It was sort of a routine I got into, just a day out with the lads really...

I can't really see myself taking my Spinner to any matches, but at the same time I want to be able to get off the analogs completely, and not have to worry about wanting one when out with friends having a few drinks..

I really wouldn't recommend switching from one to the other on the fly. It's also not good to associate smoking with certain situations (like football) and vaping with everything else.

I started vaping 10 days ago and haven't wanted a cig at all. I know having a drink and watching football will make you want one but trust me vape instead and you'll be fine. Don't worry what your mates think of you vaping, you might even convert some of them.

Make sure to bring some high nic liquid and you won't want a cig. Personally I'll be vaping 24mg Ry4 like a madman on Sunday watching Chelsea v Man City (come on Chelsea) :)

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida

Before I made the switch to vaping full time, I was smoking and vaping for a good month. Although, 3 of those weeks were using blu's. When I got my first real PV, I still smoked for about a week. But it got to the point that smoking just tasted nastier and nastier, so I stopped smoking altogether.

I would suggest though, that you dont have rules like 'I can smoke while watching football'. That really isnt the best mindset. It is like how I had tried to quit before vaping and 'would only smoke when I drink'...until I find myself going out drinking more so I could smoke and then down the rabbit hole I went.

While no one can tell you what is best for you, I would just take the twist with me. If you are still not fully off the nasties yet(it does not sound like you are) than do what you feel is best for you, but the best advice I could give would be bring the ecig and try it there.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Cheers fella!

Hard times being a Bristol City fan ATM :( Think I'll probably give it a week anyway from after I receive my delivery of all the goods, let the liquids steep etc... So no problems for the next two games anyway!

Never mind mate, a couple of wins and you're out of the dreaded zone. At least you can count yourself a proper fan not like the glory hunters we've attracted since Roman took over.

Give the vaping a shot when you're ready to go for it properly, you won't regret it :)

BCFCMike

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Bristol, England
Before I made the switch to vaping full time, I was smoking and vaping for a good month. Although, 3 of those weeks were using blu's. When I got my first real PV, I still smoked for about a week. But it got to the point that smoking just tasted nastier and nastier, so I stopped smoking altogether.

I would suggest though, that you dont have rules like 'I can smoke while watching football'. That really isnt the best mindset. It is like how I had tried to quit before vaping and 'would only smoke when I drink'...until I find myself going out drinking more so I could smoke and then down the rabbit hole I went.

While no one can tell you what is best for you, I would just take the twist with me. If you are still not fully off the nasties yet(it does not sound like you are) than do what you feel is best for you, but the best advice I could give would be bring the ecig and try it there.

Still smoking around 10-15 stinkies ATM, no vaping yet though as I am ordering at the end of the month. I'm very confident that when I'm at home, or at work, I'll have no problems with just vaping and keeping the analogs away, it's just when drink comes into the equation... Only time will tell I suppose! :)

KalNoodle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Wisconsin
About two months after I made the full switch to vaping, I had a really bad day at work and asked to bum a smoke from my coworker.
I lit up on my drive home and after about 5 drags, it went out the window. I almost had to pull over on the highway because I thought I was gonna puke. Plus, I couldn't brush my teeth until I got home 30 minutes later. It was horrible. Spent the rest of the evening feeling like crap too.
Never again, never again.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I tried one during the first week after I quit,,,,,all I had at that point was an Njoy kit (I was waiting for my first "better" cig a like kit) and my battery ran out at Disney world,,,,,,,,

I hit the smoking section and had a cigarette,,,,,,,,,rather, I had 2 PUFFS of a cigarette before gagging and putting it out,,,,,,totally disgusting. and I smoked 2 packs a day of that disgusting stuff for 30 years, off and on. shudder.

spungee

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
5 months in and I have yet to try one. The one time i'd be vulnerable would be if I drank, but luckily I don't do that anymore.

I'm such a square.

Ha! Same situation here - drinking would definitely impair my judgement and probably lead to me having one, but my drinking days are behind me.

Anyway, to answer the original question, yep, tried one about 1 week into vaping, that ever-lovely first-in-the-morning smoke, and it was terrible. A couple of days later, was thinking perhaps an after-dinner attempt would taste better... even worse.

I never even wanted to quit smoking, and am still shocked that I have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread