have you tasted a smoke since you quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abstractcousin

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
congrats!! yea i smoked a little after i first started vaping.. and the taste of cigs started tasting worse and worse. ive been vaping for about 2 and a half years now and i had a smoke last week. for me it was okay, but i felt like i had no reason to smoke it at all when i could be vaping. i took about 3 judgmental puffs and gave it to my friend. success!

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
Yep I broke my only PV the other day and I had already had a bad day. I smoked one. Don't get me wrong I will not start again, I am enjoying not having to have one all the time. But I loved it. I always did like the taste, and I LOVVVEEE the smell of a freshly opened pack.

I'll have to disagree with B1shop, I have a french cured Pipe tobacco flavor that I just love. I did not like it at first though.

There are good tasting tobacco flavors. However, a lot of new vapers go for tobacco flavors because they're trying to chase cigarettes. It's just a bad mindset IMO. Vaping isn't smoking. It never will be. Embrace it for what is, instead of trying to emulate cigarettes. If you're chasing that cigarette feel, you'll never be satisfied.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
the taste of an actual cigarette is disgusting. So have you tried one lately? Was it the same for you?

Once you quit, and then try a cigarette to see what it's like, it's amazing to you that you ever got addicted in the first place. It's like licking an ashtray.

There are good tasting tobacco flavors. However, a lot of new vapers go for tobacco flavors because they're trying to chase cigarettes. It's just a bad mindset IMO. Vaping isn't smoking. It never will be. Embrace it for what is, instead of trying to emulate cigarettes. If you're chasing that cigarette feel, you'll never be satisfied.

There aren't any good pipe tobacco blends that I've found.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
There aren't any good pipe tobacco blends that I've found.

Oh rats, I am in Europe and you are not. :( Otherwise I would recommend "Inawera: Vanilla for Pipe" but that is made in Poland.
That smells precisely like "Clan Tobacco" and tastes exactly like that lovely smell. "Clan Tobacco" was the tobacco that the distinguished-looking gentlemen with the grey temples used to smoke in their pipes when I was young. Pipe tobacco with vanilla - even my militant non-smoking mom used to love the smell :)

But I am sure that somebody in this forum can recommend a lovely pipe tobacco liquid.

Whee, thank you! Let me take a look! :)

I beg to differ. Every person is different, and thus, every vaper is different.

It is true that no liquid can make vapor that tastes like cigarette smoke (which is a good thing, actually, because once you have been vaping for a while, you will find that cigarette smoke tastes horrible ;) ).
However, it is very much possible to mix a liquid that tastes exactly (and I mean: exactly) like my formerly beloved sweet-flavored small cigars. And yes, I mean: exactly.

I used to smoke cigarettes to get my nicotine fix, and I used to smoke sweet-flavored small cigars for enjoyment. With a nice glass of red wine while talking to friends, with a nice cup of espresso after a nice meal, or just relaxing in the evening.

My taste buds got used to that. And after I started vaping, I wanted that lovely flavor in those situations. Heck, I had been enjoying the combination for many years. And with my lovely sweet-cigar-flavor liquid, I was able to enjoy everything that I had had before - only minus the harmful smoke as such.

As a matter of fact, I switched to vaping immediately and effortlessly using exactly such a lovely sweet-cigar flavored liquid. After 35 years as a heavy smoker.

Some people say: do not use tobacco flavor.
Some people say: do use tobacco flavor, when you feel like it.
Different strokes for different folks.

The main objective is to get away from the harmful and poisonous tobacco smoke.
How to achieve that objective is up to each individual.

Heck, I know people who vape licorice flavor. I say "ewwwwwwwww yucky yuck, none of that stuff for me, please!" - but if it works for them, that is great! :)

- Oh as a matter of fact, when I was about 7 months into vaping and had vaped lovely fruit flavors for a few weeks, my taste buds told me clearly one morning: "Vanilla raspberry with morning coffee? Yuck!!! Give me something decent, right now! I want tobacco flavor, and a strong one. NOW!!!" - Well, nothing easier than that, I simply mixed some strong-tasting cigar tobacco flavor liquid with caramel liquid, vaped it - and was completely satisfied :) Why should I have pined for my beloved flavor? And maybe... just maybe... got that flavor out of something that you have to light on fire? No way.

Different strokes for different folks :)

Last edited:

bhswmc01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Boise, Idaho, United States
After one too many adult beverages last weekend, I did smoke a couple American Spirit menthols. They tasted a little too good, but I did not like that I stunk of them afterwards. Vaping is the way for me!

Edit - This 'lapse in judgment' is not enough to reset my counter, in my opinion. LOL

angstless

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Detroit
I ran out of juice cause the post office was playing ping pong with my juice order...I smoked for a day and 1/2 and only smoked 1 pack and a few..before that when I was smoking, I hated to put out the current cig and wanted a cig a long as Pinocchio's nose after 1,000 lies.

Then a kind vaperer (sic) dropped off juice to my home...quit again and has never gone back...

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
The other day I had to walk thru a door where a few ppl were smoking near. I think because there wasn't a breeze the smoke just hung in the air. It was awful. But what was worse was their .... can. I could smell it so easily. Wow, I new .... cans were unpleasant even when I smoked, but OMG now I have to hold my breath walking by it. But most of the time there is enough breeze that it doesn't bother me. And I can handle holding my breath for long enough to walk by disgusting .... can. Sorry, I know this didn't have anything to do with tasting an analog since I've been vaping. But if it weren't for that memory of that day, I could almost see myself trying to pick up an analog to see if it's what I remember it to be.

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
I haven't tasted a cig since I bought a V2 kit, with full intentions of it failing, while buying a carton of cigs...I made it an instead of purchase..-- just for---
That 5 pack of cartridges was going quick, and I hurriedly bought an ego-vv with a vivi nova and some juice by chance at a B&M, who I'll never go back to. It was working... What a fraking miracle product this is...!!
I was at a bar last night, and smelled all the smoke they could dish out, all I did was put my dripper in Rip Tripper mode and vaped away..
I will never become a hypocrite either towards smokers, I will casually let them see my huge and heavily flavored clouds float by..
I had a small audience in short time, and didn't preach anything.. I just let some know of ECF if they cared to check it out..
kinda wierd but rip tripper mode at bars does work..:vapor:

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
I love this iphone app. It runs in the background and I check it every now and then.

yba3y7eh.jpg

5 weeks! That "saved" part should be replaced with "spent on vape gear x2" but yeah Id rather go broke saving myself from talking through a hole in my throat..

My gf has one too, bought her the exact same setup as me but she likes menthol (I hate menthol.. ugh.) and she still smokes 4-5 analogs a day vs 15-20. I think the menthol analogs are disguising how gross the ciggy really is, if she bought a non menthol pack I bet she'd go all-in on the PV lol.

It's weird though, the smell of someone smoking around me smells DELICIOUS. But I took one drag on an analog a few weeks ago and I nearly puked. Maybe I just like the smell?? The LINGERING smell is what's gross, on people, clothes, cars etc..

Last edited:

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
:facepalm: A week after I quit, I was just curious to see if I would like a cigarette. I saw someone at my club that smoked Kools (I smoked them for 37 years) and so I took one hit and to my surprise, it was absolutely horrible!!! 8-o Handed it back and was never curious again.
Oh, I do remember about 3 months ago, I had a dream I was having a smoke and I couldn't figure out why I was doing it... More like a nightmare! :laugh:

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
It's weird though, the smell of someone smoking around me smells DELICIOUS. But I took one drag on an analog a few weeks ago and I nearly puked. Maybe I just like the smell?? The LINGERING smell is what's gross, on people, clothes, cars etc..

Early on, I didn't mind the smell so much either, but that will wear off. I want to yak when I smell them now. I think because you get all of your senses back that were destroyed when you did smoke. :laugh:

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
After one too many adult beverages last weekend, I did smoke a couple American Spirit menthols. They tasted a little too good, but I did not like that I stunk of them afterwards. Vaping is the way for me!

Edit - This 'lapse in judgment' is not enough to reset my counter, in my opinion. LOL
You'll have that. :), but you sound like you're well on your way to quitting them all together! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread