Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
melissa1928:12948609 said:
That does make sense. Perhaps something like that was going on. My son was being pretty unbearable . . . then again, that's often true.

Anyway, I caved. Had a cigarette last night. Good thing I'm not one of those people who invests a lot of self-worth in having X days smoke-free.

I will bear these observations and advice in mind for next time. There will probably be a next time, and eventually one of them will be the last time.

Don't beat yourself up over having a cigarette: remember that every victory, however small, is a victory. Focus on accumulating victories, however small - don't worry so much about setbacks.

"Hello, struggle, I knew you'd show up..."

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
For those bad cravings, have a few analogs in a pack waiting for you. The trick is, wrap that pack in duct tape... lots of duct tape. And not one long piece, lots of different length pieces. When the craving hits, grab the pack and start to unwrap it if you still feel like you need to. vape the whole time you are unwrapping. Looking at that much duct tape waiting for you to fight with should make you realize how much that craving is not worth the effort. If the craving wins, at least you have one or two on hand and you don't need to go buy a full pack. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread