Having a Mech Mod kinda Month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schue

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2015
Texas
I have shelved all of my electronic APVs in favor of my mech mods for the past month.

There is just something so special about going simple and using mechs that keep me coming back to them in favor of all my other APVs. High-end to Low-end.

Anyone else using strictly mechs?

IMG_0134.JPG

RobertNC

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2012
Athens
After my first week of mechanical mods, everything else is shelved. But I am keen on exploring better RTAs. The Kayfun was a reasonable newbie start, but some real limitations. The screws are too small, 30-32 gauge is all that will hold, and only simplest builds are within my dexterity.

Next step is a dual coil tank with side ports that allow the screw to pin down the coil...

Reactions: Joergl100

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I am almost 100% mech these days.

I use a Provari every once in a while but mainly because I still have lots of great 6mg ejuice (which is too strong for me with a mech) and the fact that I like them and have 10 of them.

I love my tube mechs and rotate thru authentic Gus, GP, Nemesis and HoH as well as lots of clones. I'm starting to really like squonking as well and my REO and Coppervapes are starting to get lots of use.

I love the simplicity of mechs. Just no fuss simple vaping.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Sir Lancelot recently joined my gang of two APV's and two (not used much, but once in a while) VV eGo style batteries. I like the mech, and use it often, but I like the others in my gang too. There are pros and cons to each of the members. They may be different, but they're all in my family! :hubba:

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    If I buy a Reo the Kayfun will be a waste of money? :(
    LOL...each has it's purpose. I may not use my Russian 91% much, but it's still a great vape.
    But adding a squonker to your collection WILL change the way you vape.
    Proceed with caution.
    Cheers
    I

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    If I buy a Reo the Kayfun will be a waste of money? :(
    You COULD use a Kayfun on a REO but it would completely defeat the purpose of having a BF device. You really want RDAs with a hollow BF pin on a REO.

I love my REO but also have 3 authentic KFL+ and 5 clones. They are great on my Provaris or a regular mech.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    I have 19 mechs and 3 prov and 1 reg box. Im a mech fanatic. I use my prov in 18350 size for my KFLs and one little dripper.

The rest are used daily with RTAs and RDAs, depending on my mood.

Like all said, its so simple, and relaxing. Especially at home. So what if the battery changes the quality as it looses power. It just adds to the experience for me.

When I go out, I take the box and a couple batteries and atties, but rarely have to replace the battery as its an 18650 reg box. I tend to vape less out and about.

I love vaping and all the wonderful choices we have to satisfy our needs

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
    Germany, Lake Constance
    Tomorrow i will go to my post office...my Noisy Cricket II has arrived! I will love it...like I love my first Cricket, I am sure. 25mm...sooo nice!

And one more 4Nine 26650...and a Pharaoh, that crazy Rip Trippers-thing...and some other vape-related nifty stuff from China.

Winter...in each hand a Cricket...used well...VTC5, not VTC5A...always handwarmers!
    biggrin.gif

Wheee-haaa!
    greeting.gif

Last edited:

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2014
    Land of Oz
    Tomorrow i will go to my post office...my Noisy Cricket II has arrived! I will love it...like I love my first Cricket, I am sure. 25mm...sooo nice!

And one more 4Nine 26650...and a Pharaoh, that crazy Rip Trippers-thing...and some other vape-related nifty stuff from China.

Winter...in each hand a Cricket...used well...VTC5, not VTC5A...always handwarmers!
    biggrin.gif

Wheee-haaa!
    greeting.gif

Thanks for the tip! Ordered a black Cricket from FT. Preorder and ETA in 2 days. :) Have a splendid day tomorrow with your new toy. :)

Last edited:

Schue

ECF Veteran
    Mar 30, 2015
    Texas

biggrin.gif

Wheee-haaa!
    greeting.gif

Looked at the cricket II but it is regulated and I have so many regulated mods that I have already put on the shelf and have not used in quite a while.

I do like the original noisy cricket, but it is starting to fail on me. I am using the Fat Daddy upgrade kit and the 510 and button are failing. Might have to put the original parts back on it again. Powerful little guy that thing is.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Yep - I currently have three 18650 tubes, two Reo P67s, and two Coppervape squonkers that get used every day (with another P67 stashed and another Coppervape in the mail). My only "regulated" mod still being used is a Hexohm-style dual 18650 box made locally - but it pretty much just sits on the table...and is not really a true regulated mod, IMO. I also have a eLeaf Pico and one other single 18650 regulated mod that just sit.

It has been a long evolution to get to this point and I have spent a LOT of money and sold a LOT of stuff to get here. Some that have been sold include SXmini, original Vaporflask DNA30, Hana DNA40, HoH ZNA DNA30, two Vaorshark DNA40, three dual battery Sigelei boxes, three Hexohms, two Kanger regulated boxes, an IPV Mini, three eleaf iStick30, an iStick50, a Cloupor 60w box...and those are just off the top of my head.

I found out early on that I really don't care about temp control (not worth the effort to me), and that I can get the vape that perfectly suits me with a single coil squonker or a dual coil in an RTA like the Limitless or Avocado on a tube - and I just enjoy the hell out of building coils and tinkering with my mechs and RDAs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread