Having issues with my Aspire PockeX

Status
Not open for further replies.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I've not tried the nautilus X, but like the Nautilus mini. However, they aren't that straightforward and can lead to further frustrations, especially flooding and the base locking (I don't know if the X is the same, though). Personally, I'd recommend the Aspire K3 with 1.8 coils. That should give you a nice safe base camp, and easy going vape, from where you can safely explore other tanks.
If by base locking, you mean needing to get out the vape tweezers to remove from a mod, than I can confirm the X has issues with that.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

If by base locking, you mean needing to get out the vape tweezers to remove from a mod, than I can confirm the X has issues with that.

Not so much that, more the glass threads around the tank base becoming locked to the base and it being a pain to unscrew without breaking it.

• Agree
Reactions: My Batt Hurts

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Agree - the glass should be easier to remove on the X. It leaves you fumbling with the top of the coil, which can be awkward.

Must say with the Mini, yes I've seen it lock up, but its principal daftness is when the coil stays in the chimney no matter how well [you think] you cranked it down. Not complaining though - it's one of my favourites. The K3 looks OK, but am I right in saying there's no airflow control?

Reactions: yorkslad
Agree - the glass should be easier to remove on the X. It leaves you fumbling with the top of the coil, which can be awkward.

Must say with the Mini, yes I've seen it lock up, but its principal daftness is when the coil stays in the chimney no matter how well [you think] you cranked it down. Not complaining though - it's one of my favourites. The K3 looks OK, but am I right in saying there's no airflow control?

There's no airflow on the K3, but I find as an all day or novice tank it's just right. Good taste and decent clouds and it even gives me zero hassle when vaping like no tomorrow with a beer :) I highly reccomend them, especially if, like vaper1960 someone is struggling and needs something forgiving. They also use the same coils as the mini nautilus.

What does this mean?
"In order to use temperature control feature, it requires use of nickel coils or titanium coils and must be built with non-resistant wire. "
I can still adjust wattage, right?

Yes, it says you can adjust the wattage between 1-30, which is perfect for MTL. Temp Control modes are different. Make sure you don't use it unless you know what you're doing, and stick to watts. It looks like a bargain, so snap it up!

Reactions: HigherStateD

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
What does this mean?
"In order to use temperature control feature, it requires use of nickel coils or titanium coils and must be built with non-resistant wire. "
I can still adjust wattage, right?
Temp control works by measuring the change in certain wire types as they heat up. If you're just using wattage mode, you can disregard that. Wattage in watt mod is adjustable regardless of wire type, although certain metals should only be used in TC mode. I doubt you'd run into pure buckle, titanium, or platinum drop in coil heads though.

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
The tigon costs a bit more, but still very affordable. I like the adjustable airflow (smok nord doesn't have this) but right now my pockeX also no air adjust and I wish it let in more air (especially with 1.2 ohm coil... 0.6 ohm coil seems better) so if I want to save a few bucks I think the smok nord will be fine.
The Tigon Kit is now $25.00 at My Freedom Smokes, look at the website. You can get the whole kit cheaper than a lot of places are selling the tank for.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    yorkslad, absolutely agree. I really need a mod... don't think I will be happy with AIO anymore. I do take "dry hits" between vaping and that helps, but having adjustable power would be great. Even the coil I am still using (that just started to get slight burnt taste) is doing better. I always mix some 50/50 with thicker juices. I have one thicker juice that is dark and sweet... can't use it, just screws up my coils (even mixing with the 50/50 juice) I aslo like the idea of changing tanks to vape different liquids. I'd love to have one with stronger nic salts for the mornings and/or one with lower nic for before bed. I can't afford all this right now, but it is incentive to earn more money.
    HigherStateD, is that tank kit deal for real? Looked at it... hope the offer lasts awhile. Anyone recommend a cheap mod battery for this to get me started... older model, closeout, anything? I can always upgrade later.

Here's some good ones:

VOOPOO DRAG BABY TRIO 25W STARTER KIT $32.95

INNOKIN KROMA-A 75W & ZENITH TANK STARTER KIT $49.95

INNOKIN EZ.WATT 35W STARTER KIT $26.95

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Don't need TC... just wattage control. 1-30 watts is perfect for my MTL. I was very interested in Aspire Tigon (love everything about it) but want something that gives me more options and power control. I can learn more about different coil resistances and even control break-in... find out how far I can push it (or not... 30 watts is more than I need anyway)

cats5365

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2013
    United States
    Don't need TC... just wattage control. 1-30 watts is perfect for my MTL. I was very interested in Aspire Tigon (love everything about it) but want something that gives me more options and power control. I can learn more about different coil resistances and even control break-in... find out how far I can push it (or not... 30 watts is more than I need anyway)
    I'm not familiar with the Rover kit you posted, but if you like it and it fits your want list options, I would give it a try. It does have an internal battery, so will eventually need to be replaced, but as you mentioned, it comes with the Nauti X tank you like. If you got a pair of the Rovers, it would take you close to the number for free shipping and provide back up for when one is charging.

The holidays are coming, so you can keep learning and researching about external battery devices. Vape toys make excellent gifts, so a charger and good batteries with storage cases could go on your wish list. There are usually some good sales around the various holidays too (not just Christmas). One thing everyone around here is good at is hoping you spend your money, so check out some of the other threads and see what folks like and don't like about their gear. The local grocery store will probably have those Vaper Towels on sale too! :D

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

The beauty of a wattage control mod - is that you can also put any tank you want on it. Along with the Nautilus X that it comes with - you could get the Aspire Tigon Tank and put that on your mod :thumb:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread