Having problems using Ejuice Me Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I was using it on Windows XP with no problems but my PC bit the dust and with it went my storehouse of recipes in the calculator. I now have a laptop with Windows 8 and downloaded the calculator and logged one of the recipes I had memorized. When I tried to save it I got an error message that said I didn't have permission to save it in the program and asked me if I wanted to save it in Lynda Folder. Not wanting to have to fill in all the fields again, I said yes but I can't find that folder anywhere. It told me I needed to get permission from the administrator to save the info within the calculator. Has anyone else encountered this problem???? I can't believe I lost all my recipes! I should have listened to that little voice that kept telling me to back up my files but NOOOOOO! I did not listen! :(

TinyTimberGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Wisconsin
picasaweb.google.com

Kilzon

Oct 8, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
The reason why it said you couldn't save to that location is that Win8 (& server 2012) protect all folders under Program Files by default. So when a program like e-juice me up tries to save to their default location, which is under the ejuice folder in the Program Files tree, it can't because the location is protected.

You should be able to get around it by using the Run as Administrator trick as mentioned previously. Hopefully if a updated version is being worked on, they will change the default recipe location to somewhere else that isn't protected.

I don't recommend turning off UAC (User Account Control) if you are using a PC that is being used for anything on the internet, unless you have lots of experience removing malware. Or want to learn more about it :p

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
Okay, I had to get hubby involved because I couldn't find the "Run as administrator" on the calculator icon. He kept messing with it until he found a way to grant me permission to make changes so I'm up and running now. I've been creating recipes right and left while they were fresh in my memory. A word of advice to everyone who reads this, if you haven't done it yet.....back up your calculator just in case the unexpected happens! I could kick myself for not doing it earlier. I knew I should but kept putting it off. We've been moving for the past couple of weeks and my PC was sitting on the floor at our new house, when my daughter accidentally backed into it and knocked it over. It's 10 years old and my heart sank when I heard the Wham! because I just knew it probably didn't survive the trauma. It booted up and it looked like everything was going to be okay and then....POOF! It went black. I'm hoping I can find someone who can retrieve the data but I'm not holding my breath. Thank you all so much for the help and support!

Hoofhearted62

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
South Park, Pa. USA
I use that program on windows 7, but i also print the image out for all the batches I make and put them in a 3 ring binder with each recipe in a page protector. I write notes on it as to when i first taste the juice and then decide if it needs more steep time or need to add mode flavor % for the next batch. it is a learning process and really of the 30 or so batches i have made only 2 were completely un vapeable.

Kilzon

Oct 8, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
As for backing up the recipe folder, get yourself a free SugarSync or Mozy account. (I think they offer 2 or 5 gigs on the free accounts) and tell it to back up the folder where the recipe files are stored on eJuice me up. Should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Breaktru Software\eJuice Me Up\ (if you are running 64 bit OS or with out the (x86) if you are running 32 bit.

I have it set to back up that folder, my documents library, and other files that I don't care to lose.

dulewis

Jul 3, 2013
canada
You guys should seriously check out daath's "...................." online calculator. I still enjoy using Ejuice-Me-Up but having all your recipe's stored online with access from anywhere or any device rocks. And being able to search for recipes based on certain flavors is pretty darn kewl too. No affiliation here either, just damn happy with the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread