Having problems with TC on Pico Mega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohid

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2016
Pakistan
I'll try my best to answer:

2) I have 2 Ammits. On one, the juice flow works really smooth; meaning when the tank is fully tightened, the juice flow is easy to open and close by turning clockwise (tightening direction).

5) If I'm reading that right, you're saying it only gets to 300ºF before temp protect mode kicks in? I assume you have the temp set to higher than 300ºF but never get there?

First thing I'd say is 30W is way too high. Try backing that down to 15-20W. I have mine set up like this:

View attachment 703213
Thanks man that was very helpful. I actually though the juice flow was supposed to work with screwing and unscrewing of the deck because I couldn't move it clockwise after closing the deck. Another reason for believing that was a video on YouTube by MikeVapes who said its wobbly when the juice flow is closed. That's exactly because of unscrewing the deck. Guess he was wrong. Now I tried hard to turn it and it was finally moving further. Hoping for the break in to happen soon. Just to be sure, the flow control will move clockwise indefinitely right? So I should turn to the same side when opening and closing it?

About the other point about TC, I don't feel 30W to be high. Any lower than that gets me almost no vapor. I'm using 26g SS wire. It's really something I don't understand what TC is doing here. It doesn't turn on protection at 300F because it never reaches there, except when the coil is dry.

I also turned on the feature showing real time resistance reading. I noticed the resistance does go down when firing. It went from 0.61 to as low as 0.56. I might be locking in incorrect resistance of the coil. In fact it shows different readings every time I unscrew it and screw it back on. How am I supposed to find out the correct resistance?

Reactions: stols001

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Thanks man that was very helpful. I actually though the juice flow was supposed to work with screwing and unscrewing of the deck because I couldn't move it clockwise after closing the deck. Another reason for believing that was a video on YouTube by MikeVapes who said its wobbly when the juice flow is closed. That's exactly because of unscrewing the deck. Guess he was wrong. Now I tried hard to turn it and it was finally moving further. Hoping for the break in to happen soon. Just to be sure, the flow control will move clockwise indefinitely right? So I should turn to the same side when opening and closing it?

About the other point about TC, I don't feel 30W to be high. Any lower than that gets me almost no vapor. I'm using 26g SS wire. It's really something I don't understand what TC is doing here. It doesn't turn on protection at 300F because it never reaches there, except when the coil is dry.

I also turned on the feature showing real time resistance reading. I noticed the resistance does go down when firing. It went from 0.61 to as low as 0.56. I might be locking in incorrect resistance of the coil. In fact it shows different readings every time I unscrew it and screw it back on. How am I supposed to find out the correct resistance?

It has to be standard room temperature around 70F for the reading used. Otherwise will be off some. May still work but not as well.

The watts need to be set close to what would be used in wattage mode for a smooth vape. For ramp up you can set it to hard if the mod does such.

Most mods set the default at the high output range. What happens then is if the wattage is too high, the mod cuts power when approaching set temperature and then reapplies full power again, resulting in cutting power again. Also good juice flow thru wick is needed.

Note also that there is nothing exact here with TC, it may or may not be the real temperature on the coil. You will be able to tell when it is working for you by not getting any burn hits even when ejuice runs out.

Also when firing resistance should increase not go down

Mohid

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2016
Pakistan
It has to be standard room temperature around 70F for the reading used. Otherwise will be off some. May still work but not as well.

The watts need to be set close to what would be used in wattage mode for a smooth vape. For ramp up you can set it to hard if the mod does such.

Most mods set the default at the high output range. What happens then is if the wattage is too high, the mod cuts power when approaching set temperature and then reapplies full power again, resulting in cutting power again. Also good juice flow thru wick is needed.

Note also that there is nothing exact here with TC, it may or may not be the real temperature on the coil. You will be able to tell when it is working for you by not getting any burn hits even when ejuice runs out.

Also when firing resistance should increase not go down
Thanks a bunch for clearing it up :)

Bundy1971

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2015
Cleveland, OH
Looks like Beam answered most of your questions about power, so I'll just answer the one about the Ammit.

Yes, MikeVapes was wrong. I did what he said at first too after watching that review and was really disappointed about the design. So disappointed that I figured I had to be missing something..I mean, who would design it like that?

Then I figured out how to use it properly, which is exactly like you said: "the flow control will move clockwise indefinitely right? So I should turn to the same side when opening and closing it"

Mohid

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2016
Pakistan
Looks like Beam answered most of your questions about power, so I'll just answer the one about the Ammit.

Yes, MikeVapes was wrong. I did what he said at first too after watching that review and was really disappointed about the design. So disappointed that I figured I had to be missing something..I mean, who would design it like that?

Then I figured out how to use it properly, which is exactly like you said: "the flow control will move clockwise indefinitely right? So I should turn to the same side when opening and closing it"
Thank you very much. You saved me a lot of trouble :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread