cimon

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
UK
OK. I have just confirm this:

- Brass 510 NO LONGER AVAILABLE
- since now SS is default 510 connector
- NO chance to swap it under warranty

I predict BIG Brass 510 sale everywere - starts now!

cheErs

EDIT:

Thats not all. VT200 silicone covers should be ready to ship later this week (Black, Red, Blue and ''Camuflage''). Sound good with me! :D

Last edited:

kraze6548

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2015
OK. I have just confirm this:

- Brass 510 NO LONGER AVAILABLE
- since now SS is default 510 connector
- NO chance to swap it under warranty

I predict BIG Brass 510 sale everywere - starts now!

cheErs

EDIT:

Thats not all. VT200 silicone covers should be ready to ship later this week (Black, Red, Blue and ''Camuflage''). Sound good with me! :D
Can't wait to get those silicons. I just got 2 spare lipos now if those cases would go up for sale sooner than later. I'm glad I got the brass 510 models because it keeps the mod resistance super low. Now that they are switching to steel its gonna go up for sure. I guess for them it's a good choice cause alot of people are scared of brass .

Reactions: cimon

kraze6548

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2015
I don't think brass really helps the TC accuracy, it is definitely a hindrance because of oxidation.

Durability I don't think is an issue whatsoever.
I have yet to see any oxidation. But I do my mod resistance is .0045 if it's stainless it's gonna go up. Maybe as high as .02 I guess in the big picture might not matter to much but I'm a till glad I got this model before they switched to ss. Honestly durability comes down to user interaction. If u are careful and make sure you are threading the rda on straight it will be fine. If u cross thread or over tighten any material ss, ti , brass , etc it will strip.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I have yet to see any oxidation. But I do my mod resistance is .0045 if it's stainless it's gonna go up. Maybe as high as .02 I guess in the big picture might not matter to much but I'm a till glad I got this model before they switched to ss. Honestly durability comes down to user interaction. If u are careful and make sure you are threading the rda on straight it will be fine. If u cross thread or over tighten any material ss, ti , brass , etc it will strip.

It is brass, trust me it is indeed oxidizing rather you see it or not. How much depends on a lot of variables, mostly brass type.

The static resistance won't be that high because it's gold plated stainless.

Reactions: AtmizrOpin

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Hey I've got a question for you folks. I was told by someone (on Facebook no less) that you can use a 2 amp zip charge on the VT200. He said it's "built into the chip set". He said you can with all DNA 200's and Vaporshark and Lavabox only advertise the option on there's because it's a selling point. Truth?

According to the Evolv datasheet, the DNA 200 has a 1A built-in charger:

Charger: The DNA 200 has a built in 1A USB charger. It automatically detects the type of USB power supply it is connected to, so it can be plugged into standard PC USB ports or higher power chargers. The max charge current is based on the cell capacity as programmed in EScribe.

Car147

Nov 13, 2014
Highlands,Scotland
Just a heads up and i have not seen anyone post this yet so apologies if it's old news. I ran my VT200's battery on my dedicated R/C charger and the battery is...... 1000mah, not the 1300mah claimed!
I also ran the Efusion battery which claims to be 1300mah, and is indeed 1300mah. i hate it when these manufacturers are lets say economical with the truth.I also dropped my setting from 14.43 to 11.1 to match the above capacity and the meter is now inline with what i would expect to see in comparison.

Reactions: OhTheAgony

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
According to the Evolv datasheet, the DNA 200 has a 1A built-in charger:

Charger: The DNA 200 has a built in 1A USB charger. It automatically detects the type of USB power supply it is connected to, so it can be plugged into standard PC USB ports or higher power chargers. The max charge current is based on the cell capacity as programmed in EScribe.
Right. I'm just curious on how VS and volcano is doing 2 amp charging. I must of asked this question a few times in a couple different threads. I know vs in the past has used daughter boards in the pasts to get their zip charging. But since evolv has this new board with a 1 amp balance charger built into the board how is two amp possible without hardware and/or firmware changes. VS has to at least have a screen ribbon extension of some sorts to have the screen on the bottom. Ribbon-daughterboard-ribbon-screen. Really wanna see a VS 200 gutted. Then I'll know.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
They have had 2A charging (zip charging) since the DNA40. It's just a daughter board that bypasses the DNA200 charging circuit. You can bypass the charging circuit and still balance. Or have a balance circuit built into the daughter board. Balance circuits are very simple.
Ya I understand all that and yes I know vs has been using daughter boards, in the past. How are they bypassing evolv's charge circuit and still able to connect to escribe? I want to SEE how they're going about it. I'm guessing you have pics, or a link since you know how it's done. Post em up I'm interested.

EDIT: I got an answer on the evolv forum from this Nick guy that works there. There is no daughter board, evolv made a special board for VS. Here's the link http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/2-amp-charging-circuit-hows-it-done-7756412?pid=1289541444

Last edited:

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
output_HJ7n2B.gif

Here's a photo of the DNA40 version, all they have to do is add a balance port to connect to the DNA200 board. All information for balancing goes through the balance plug. It doesn't need anything special. Then the positive and negative go into the zip board and the DNA200 board. That bypasses the DNA200 charge circuit. Just run wires to the DNA200 balance holes and done. So you have 6 wires connecting the two boards together. Positive, Negative and the 4 balance wires. If evolv was smart, they'd have a way to check if another charge circuit was connected and it would toggle theirs off. Who knows if they do this or not. Works either way.
Keep in mind, balancing happens after the battery voltage reaches a certain voltage, then all it does is very slowly bring the voltages evenly to 4.2v per cell. So it doesn't need 2A to balance, some balance circuits slightly overcharge cells and then slowly add and subtract from each cell to bring them to the same voltage and accuracy varies...
Looking at typical balance circuits for rc chargers would bring it all into focus for you. The four wires from the balance port go to positives, negative and a sensor wire to monitor the voltage of the cells. The more cells you have, the more wires. 2S lipos have 3 wires, 3S lipos have 4, etc..

Last edited:

StrahmNoMore

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
Wow. I'll say you guys have more knowledge and experience I think than this person I got the 2 amp suggestion from. The concept of how VS and Lava can offer this is interesting and makes me wonder why Hcigar didn't do it. The new debate I'm in is kids mad because Hcigar won't allow this mod to be sold for less than $170 without voiding the warranty. I almost wonder if they have that policy because they forecast a rash of brass 510 replacements in their future lol.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Interseting that VS has blamed Evolv for some charging issues to certain customers earlier in this thread though.

Is it possible they just parallel tapped the Evolv usb and added a supplemental parallel 12v, 1 a charging board on the lipos output leads with no balance charger taps per se?

Last edited:

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Interseting that VS has blamed Evolv for some charging issues to certain customers earlier in this thread though.

Is it possible they just parallel tapped the Evolv usb and added a supplemental parallel 12v, 1 a charging board on the lipos output leads with no balance charger taps per se?

I don't think they would have done that.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
output_HJ7n2B.gif

Here's a photo of the DNA40 version, all they have to do is add a balance port to connect to the DNA200 board. All information for balancing goes through the balance plug. It doesn't need anything special. Then the positive and negative go into the zip board and the DNA200 board. That bypasses the DNA200 charge circuit. Just run wires to the DNA200 balance holes and done. So you have 6 wires connecting the two boards together. Positive, Negative and the 4 balance wires. If evolv was smart, they'd have a way to check if another charge circuit was connected and it would toggle theirs off. Who knows if they do this or not. Works either way.
Keep in mind, balancing happens after the battery voltage reaches a certain voltage, then all it does is very slowly bring the voltages evenly to 4.2v per cell. So it doesn't need 2A to balance, some balance circuits slightly overcharge cells and then slowly add and subtract from each cell to bring them to the same voltage and accuracy varies...
Looking at typical balance circuits for rc chargers would bring it all into focus for you. The four wires from the balance port go to positives, negative and a sensor wire to monitor the voltage of the cells. The more cells you have, the more wires. 2S lipos have 3 wires, 3S lipos have 4, etc..
Got it figured out, see my edited post above. Thanks for your help though.

Edit: Who's selling the VT for a decent price? It would be nice to find on for $120, round there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread