HCigar VT200

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraze6548

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2015
Please Be very carful with the rba section. It doesn't create a good connection and it can short out. This has happened twice to me. One of those times I was taking a drag while it shorted and wire basically exploded in my mouth. I tried a titanium build and it happened then I did SS build and same thing. It always said check atty on my vt200 but on my vs200 it worked to a degree if you like inhaling metal. Look at the pin on your crown and you should see how it doesn't stick out at all. When u put a stock coil it pushes the pin out a tiny bit but when u put the rba on it barley doesn't stick out enough I think. It was working on my SXK flask but it gave very odd results. I started a thread last night on the general discussion area. It's called ? About shorting coils.
So yeaterday I broke out my second rba section and sure as .... I have a connection issue . Funny cause one tank and rba are fine the second is acting crazy. I can tell with them side by side that one us a hair shorter.
Problem is the 510 on vt200. It's not a pin style like a sig 150tc is. If u still need a fix I found a couple for you. I took the pin right out of the tank. I was gonna try dropping a Lil bit of solder on it and reinstalling. But I remembered my twisted messes rda came with an extra center pin. It was a Lil bit to long so I ground it down just a tiny bit and it slid right into the crown . So now it works perfectly. Figured I'd give u heads up.

kraze6548

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2015
Thanks for that. I don't have any extra pins and I have such a sour taste with that rba section that I'm just done with it. That experience was so awful. I'm glad the vt200 didn't fire it unlike my shark that decided to burn up some metal.
Yeah I get that. I'm trying to get in contact with uwell. I have a feeling that's might be why this one tank eats coils. Hopefully they will replace the short rba and maybe send updated pin. I been struggling with this crown tank since I got it. I was blowing threw coils and thought maybe it was just bad coils. But now that I found this issue could be the culprit. If they respond with anything positive I'll give u a heads up. Worst that could happen is they say they won't do anything. If I have to send it in I'm gonna with the rba installed and they will have no excuse but to fix it.

kraze6548

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2015
I'll have to give that a try. I've heard a few people saying they used the 403 tcr and that they got much better results also.
Hey I just talked to uwell. They know about the issue and offered to send send a replacement base for the tank. A new rba section and pack of coils. Just so u know. They were very helpful and he told me they have been getting alot of reports about coils burning out after only 1 day. And the rba section not making contact with 510 pin. Said it would be shipped out with in the next 2 days. I guess the pin is to short and the rba is milled to short so u get a gap. Give them a call. They have a usa office in cali. The number is on the uwell.cc site under contacts

Reactions: f1vefour

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
I apologize in advance for not reading all 49 pages of this thread...

I'm being sent a VT200 for review and am wondering if there any known issues I need to be looking out for.
Not to many that I've seen. The brass 510 was a concern but I have not heard of one person that's had an issue with that. I do have a dead pixel in the top left of screen but that falls on evolv more than hcigar. I love the VT200 that's why I'm selling my VS200 for possibly another one of these. Hope you enjoy it as much as most other people have.

Reactions: inswva

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
Hey I just talked to uwell. They know about the issue and offered to send send a replacement base for the tank. A new rba section and pack of coils. Just so u know. They were very helpful and he told me they have been getting alot of reports about coils burning out after only 1 day. And the rba section not making contact with 510 pin. Said it would be shipped out with in the next 2 days. I guess the pin is to short and the rba is milled to short so u get a gap. Give them a call. They have a usa office in cali. The number is on the uwell.cc site under contacts
That's awesome do you have to send them yours or your invoice or something like that?

kraze6548

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2015
That's awesome do you have to send them yours or your invoice or something like that?
They asked where I bought it but that was it. Just said he would send the base of the tank. 1 pack of any coils I wanted and a new rba section. I had a problem with coils burning up too fast and from he was saying alot of others were too. But he said the problem was fixed with the new batch of coils that just arrived. He said he would send em out today or tomorrow. No mention of me sending anything in to him. They seemed to know about the three issues I brought up.

kraze6548

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2015
I apologize in advance for not reading all 49 pages of this thread...

I'm being sent a VT200 for review and am wondering if there any known issues I need to be looking out for.
Only that when u get it nothing is configured. U have to run battery and case anylyser and u need to set mod resistance. All 3 of which should have been done at factory. And look for issue with battery mah rating not being what they say.

Reactions: inswva

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Wow. I'll say you guys have more knowledge and experience I think than this person I got the 2 amp suggestion from. The concept of how VS and Lava can offer this is interesting and makes me wonder why Hcigar didn't do it. The new debate I'm in is kids mad because Hcigar won't allow this mod to be sold for less than $170 without voiding the warranty. I almost wonder if they have that policy because they forecast a rash of brass 510 replacements in their future lol.

Naw, has nothing to do with the brass 510, at all. It's all about A)protecting their authorized retailer's profit margins, and B) attempting to establish themselves as a premium product, which is hard to do with deep discounts. Cost-is-no-object or cost-isn't-the-only-object buyers, when looking at two similar products, will almost always prefer the more expensive one, because there has to be some reason it costs more, right? Bargain buyers just gonna buy the bargains, and usually get what they pay for

The competition at the bottom of the pile is fierce, and the margins are low, it's never a good place for a business to stake their claim unless they can't help it. HCigar started down in that pit, they're trying to fight their way out of it, and they're going about it the right way. Time will tell if they pull it off.

Yihi does the same thing with the SX line. Apple does it. It works. People make money, the buyers feel they've bought a higher quality, more desirable product, and the margins are high enough that the authorized, MAP (full price) retailers are (usually) willing to provide more customer service (easy replacement, etc).

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Cost-is-no-object or cost-isn't-the-only-object buyers, when looking at two similar products, will almost always prefer the more expensive one, because there has to be some reason it costs more, right?

This certainly holds true at least when my wife is concerned. She could go shopping for rice and would almost instantly gravitate to the most expensive.

Reactions: Roadshaker

kraze6548

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2015
I jumped the gun a little bit and ordered a spare battery for the VT200 from VapeNW. What is a good charger for these batteries. Not looking for the best out there, just a good charger.
Look for turnigy accucell 6 . 80w . Best budget charger for these small lipo . U can get one for like 35 bucks but u will a power cord. Like another 10 on ebay u can find both.

Reactions: cdrice15

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Finally got my VT200 today from ecig.com (took a full week due to the holiday). Loving it so far! The build quality is better than I expected. Very nice fit and finish, and the buttons are clicky enough to provide good feedback but not so clicky to be annoying. The only build issue is that the case is rather slippy. I’m definitely going to pick up a silicone skin for this once they are available since it’s only a matter of time before my fumbly hands cause a problem.

Been playing with escribe a bit – got my work cut out for me to explore all the options.

Have only tried one atty on it so far – a Smok VCT with the Ni coils. Outstanding performance. The temp control is the smoothest I’ve experienced to date. I have a feeling my Mini Kooper, IPV4S, Evic Mini and DNA40 are going to be sidelined in favor of the DNA200. Can’t wait to try some actual builds in Ti and SS on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread