HCIGAR VT75

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    MTL to me is very much like sucking through a straw. Then instead of swallowing afterward, you inhale.
    :lol:

Thanks for that, I squirted some of my drink on my monitor! LOL

I still have Aspire K1's, nautilus's and a few KFv4's in my daily rotation. When others are not around to complain about the clouds I like the open and airy draw of a TFV4 and others in that class. Little to no restriction wide open and almost like breathing with your mouth open. :thumb:

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    I always MTL'd all my tobacco products... yes, I inhaled pipes and cigars too.
    Every other smoker I knew over four decades did the same.

But once I tried sub-ohm... my MTL broke. :(

Tried just now with an AIO... can't do it. I DL everything.

It sucks too, because there are products, juices and even times (like driving) that are more suited to MTL and I'm stuck trying to force it and it just don't work. Bollocks. :p

Haven't smoked for a year and change... I want to go out to the garage an roll one up just to see if I can rehabilitate my MTL. :eek:

:D

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    While there was and quite possibly is still some junk being sold on the market the current generation of Joytech (read inexpensive) does actually quite well as does the other high end chip sets. But then again they need to be operated properly.

I just watched a Pbusardo video on the DNA75/YiHi350J2 where he blindly set the SXminiML to maximum joules in TC mode "because he likes to vape that way" then complained about the rattle snaking. :facepalm:

Given that it takes a mere fraction of a second to fill my mouth up with vapor vs 3-5 seconds to fill my lung, I'd think D2L vapor's would be MUCH more exposed to pulsing and rattle snaking then M2L vapor's ever would be.

At the end of the day, all the other chip set OEM's products will fire and regulate a wider range of builds in TC/VW mode then the DNA75. The YiHi's don't have the stupid 'kick out of TC mode' feature that the DNA's have. (only the Joytech's share that stupid feature with DNA's)

Actually, I rate the Presa100 over the YiHi, Dicodes and DNA75 for ease of use and flexibility. :thumbs:
    Yeah there are a lot of things that Phil Busardo does that I don't agree with. One of them is setting the wattage to max while vaping in TC. Yeah that works if everything is working to specs as the TC will regulate the wattage to the temperature anyway. But that sudden surge is probably hard on the electronics, battery(s) and the coil(s). Phil gets his stuff for free, so what does he care? Setting it too low and you know right away. As it will never hit the temperature. So you keep bumping it up until it doesn't change the vape anymore. Anything higher is just a waste.

No I think MTL is more sensitive to rattlesnaking since the airflow is much less and so is the vapor production. With DTL, airflow and vapor production is so instantly massive, that the little changes instantly blends together. Think of a tea kettle and adjusting the temperature where it just barely produces any vapor. It is so easy to see any temperature change to the vapor production. Now crank the temperature up and have massive amounts of vapor. Now vary the temperature up and down a bit. Will you see any difference? No, probably not.

The ability to fire and regulate over a wider range of builds means nothing to me if it means it does it poorly. I've been vaping since Nov'14 and I had absolutely no interest in Evolv products. I just didn't care what people said about them. Although last January I bought two Wismec RX200 mods. I thought these things are really nice with a lot of features.

In February, I found one Reuleaux DNA200 on sale for under 120 bucks. So I thought for 120 bucks to play with one DNA200 would be worth it. And I figured I would use it enough to get to know it well and quit using it and use my other cheaper mods and that would be the end of story.

Guess what? That never happened. I was so impressed with the vape that I bought another one within two weeks. It wasn't enough. Was it just the Reuleaux DNA200 mods, or was it any DNA200 mod? I started to buy others and I'll be damned. Today I now own 13 different DNA200 mods and it is their DNA200 boards is what makes them great.

Devlinukr

ECF Veteran
    Sep 4, 2015
    My Presa 100 does that. Refuses to stay in TC mode, then a while later, with the same setup, it's all good. I don't get it. o_O

I've had this problem with the RX200 and the Cuboid, Joyetech 510 pins don't seem to be very robust and if you have an atty with a slightly long 510 you can damage them.

Reactions: tejas

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Today I now own 13 different DNA200 mods and it is their DNA200 boards is what makes them great.

I'm happy that you found something that works for you. I had thoughts that DNA's might open up a different world of vaping for me but that just was not the case. No matter, I just found something else I count myself as being lucky on.

There are those that can taste the different types of wires. Myself after 44yrs of smoking can't tell the difference. While as an EE I can like the waveform that the DNA's produce but my styles of vaping don't notice the somewhat odd waveforms my army of non-DNA devices produce. The wide range of other devices just gives me more choices. Again I'm lucky there.

I suppose all the other guys HAVE to do regulation different otherwise they might be sued by Evolve. (the DNA power regulation is patented) Last I recall Evolve was suing Joytech.

The VT75 does have a great form factor, weight, size and battery life. It has a bunch going for it. The RED one looks real good.

Presently all but the bedroom and bathroom mods have been switched over to various 26650 mods. While I may not have another DNA in my future I see that a DUAL 26650 might make in in under the 8/8/16 wire. I might pick up one.

(when camping a 'all weekend' battery life is attractive) ;)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I've had this problem with the RX200 and the Cuboid, Joyetech 510 pins don't seem to be very robust and if you have an atty with a slightly long 510 you can damage them.
    One of the members in the Cuboid thread changed his 510 to a FDV version and it did not solve his random Atomizer Short issue. He thought the janky Joyetech 510 connector was the culprit but it is actually the board itself.

I love the 510 on the VT133 and would like to know where to get more of them. I'd put those on mods instead of the FDV or Varitube ones.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    My nano should be here today. think I'll throw DJLsB Vapes settings in there from the SMY and see how they work :)

I wouldn't throw the case data in there if that's what you were planning.
    At least not without seeing the factory performance first.

Unfortunately... it's a bit more of a chore getting just the profiles transferred.

Oh and... Nano already? Wicked.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 19, 2012
    B'more MD
    Oh Yeah! Placed my order and got shipping notice already. :)

If anyone is interested, use coupon code "riyan" for 6% off, shipping is free. ;)

Got my little red Nano Monday and I mean little! It is tiny and fits comfortably in my hand unlike the original VT75. I have it next to a red CF IV 18650 for size and color comparison. :)

Red 2.jpg

I like it so much that I just ordered another in Black. :thumb:

sos2001

ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2014
    South Carolina
    Got my little red Nano Monday and I mean little! It is tiny and fits comfortably in my hand unlike the original VT75. I have it next to a red CF IV 18650 for size and color comparison. :)

View attachment 585019

I like it so much that I just ordered another in Black. :thumb:

I dearly love that color combination. Well done!!!

MegaVap

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Texas, US of A
    Ok, VT75 owners, not the nano, does yours have the protective shiny cover over the screen? I received a replacement and it is bare screen and I KNOW the previous one had the protective film/glass/plastic over the screen.
    The vendor is acting like that's how they come unless HCigar changed this in mid-production if that's the case that's not cool, it cheapens the mod and now the screen is exposed to the elements. :nah: :grr:
    I e-mailed Hcigar and waiting to see what they say about it.

Reactions: TrollDragon

MegaVap

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Texas, US of A
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread