Hcigar VT75c

Status
Not open for further replies.

David247

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
Just received the black version at the weekend a little disappointed , the leather panels are a bit naff showing some brown through the black, don't over tighten the battery cap im using green efest 26650, if i tighten the battery cap down tight it made it short on the positive pin and the insulator started to melt.

copd2cp.jpg

iblQZxN.jpg

BBre84u.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
The beta version of EScribe for Mac is out for folks with the 75C to try and report any bugs to Evolv.....It was released in both US version and International version last night and several bugs already being addressed.... This is a Beta Version initially restricting the Mac beta to DNA 75 Color, since there are less in the wild and they want to limit the number of duplicate bug reports. If all goes well, they will expand support to all DNAs in a week or so........

Here is the thread where the beta version resides for download and interaction with the creators and for bug reports. You can follow the progress there also...

Mac EScribe Beta Thread

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
This was been posted yesterday evolv forum VTC 75C Warning
I've looked at mine extensively. Only way I can see that happen inside the mod is to have a damaged wrap on top and tightening the battery way too tight causing the positive pin to bend to the side. To have the pin bridge positive and negative and is really far fetched. Unless the entire 510 mechanism was faulty, which isn't beyond belief. Then again, a faulty battery can go at any time. Really sucks though, looks painful.

I'm leaning towards something mechanically wrong in the VT75C 510's. I've seen several pictures with melt marks in the plastic next to the 510 pins. That's definitely an indicator.

Last edited:

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Now that everyone has had theirs awhile whats the general consensus on it?? I can pick one up right now for fairly cheap but don't know if I should jump on it or not. Ive been using a VT75 for over a year now and I love the thing! My only gripe with it is the good old battery cap like everybody else, and the actual battery hole thats part of the main frame has slowly over time kinda bent outward so I have to screw the little pin in pretty far to get my batteries to contact. Im well aware of the issues with 26650s but Im strictly an 18650 guy. I do love the DNA75C screen (Im a sucker for flashy shiny things) but still not sure if I should or just keep using the VT75. One day the battery area is gonna bend out enough I probably wont be able to use it anymore, and the 75C is a really good price right now.

JeepR KReapR

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
SE Michigan
I can’t speak about the earlier revisions, but I just picked up 2 Silver/Black ones on a flash sale for less than $75 each and they are absolutely brilliant!

I updated them both with the DJLSB theme. They are very lightweight and the build quality is excellent. No paint rubbing off out of the box, no rough edges between the chassis and the plate on the bottom. Operates as well as my paranormal 75c but smaller & lighter. Now I can leave my paranormal at home & get the same vape experience on the go. I was ready to be disappointed based on early reviews but I am thoroughly impressed!

Only downside is battery life is average running an 18650. I’m not going to take a chance running a 26650 in it. Don’t need to!

Grab one while you can, you won’t find a better mod for under $100, and it may be the only under $100 dna75c mod worth owning IMO.

3c82f249b30d619c9142f3fb4efd6939.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I can’t speak about the earlier revisions, but I just picked up 2 Silver/Black ones on a flash sale for less than $75 each and they are absolutely brilliant!

I updated them both with the DJLSB theme. They are very lightweight and the build quality is excellent. No paint rubbing off out of the box, no rough edges between the chassis and the plate on the bottom. Operates as well as my paranormal 75c but smaller & lighter. Now I can leave my paranormal at home & get the same vape experience on the go. I was ready to be disappointed based on early reviews but I am thoroughly impressed!

Only downside is battery life is average running an 18650. I’m not going to take a chance running a 26650 in it. Don’t need to!

Grab one while you can, you won’t find a better mod for under $100, and it may be the only under $100 dna75c mod worth owning IMO.

3c82f249b30d619c9142f3fb4efd6939.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I really enjoy mine. I got a red one some time ago and it has consistently performed very well. I did hear early on about the battery size issue and only use IJoy INR batteries which are one of the shortest 26650's. Obviously, it's still a single battery mod but it has a decent battery life. As far as the leather or leather-esk side inserts, I like the fact that the black fades to brown a little. Looks a lot like my biking leathers and makes me feel right at home. The programming issue is something else. The provided theme is pretty lame. The unit came with the wrong internal resistance set. The TFR curve for SS was also flaky right from Evolve. That took a little puttzing to square away. It's a frequent flyer in my rotations. Snagging one for under $75 is definitely a win!

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Cool I jumped on it. Figured I better cause with my luck I would probably wake up this morning and Vapor Range's sale might be over hah. Got the black one for $65, should be shipping today already. Ive lucked out with the HCigar DNA's so far. Last year I scored the VT75 for $50 something to replace the god awful Sigelei Spark I had just gotten, and I think Im sticking with DNAs from here on out.

What is this I keep reading about the internal resistance not being set? Is this something I can just hit a button in Escribe and do? I don't use temp control at all if it has anything to do with that, Im still a kanthal and wattage guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread