HEADS UP - NEWS - UPDATES! (When we know, you'll know!)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
WATCH NOW: US House is in session and MAY vote on the vape mail ban (S. 1253) today!

Watch Live House Proceedings | house.gov

Oh no. I checked the status of S. 1253:
Latest Action: House - 07/06/2020 Held at the desk.

Am I too late? Should still try to create a global thread?

NATIONAL CALL TO ACTION: (UPDATE) KEEP vape MAIL LEGAL!

S. 1253, which would severely impact delivery of vapor products nationwide, is moving back to the US House and looks likely to pass. TAKE ACTION NOW and urge your representative to reject S. 1253!

US - Keep Vape Mail Legal! (Reject S.1253)

or (from the latest CASAA email)

S. 1253/H.R. 3842 would permanently forbid shipping vapor products via USPS to people just like me who want to switch to vaping, but don’t have a vape shop nearby. After the rapid growth in popularity of vaping it’s hard to imagine a ZIP code without a vape shop, but these are unusual times. In places where specialty vape shops were deemed non-essential during COVID-19 shutdowns, many businesses were forced to close and reopening is not an option. What happens to their customers?

We want to make sure that 34 million people who still smoke continue to have access to alternative nicotine products that can help them ditch the smoking habit for good. This week our fight is at the federal level, but we already know that states will be pushing to ban online sales in their next session. If we can hold back the tide of bad regulations for even a few more months, we can make a difference in the lives of many people who are trying to switch from smoking to vaping.

Please take a moment to send a message to your U.S. Representative urging them to oppose S. 1253. Be sure to include your story about why vaping is important to you and whether it helped you quit smoking. Lawmakers need to see the very real people who are about to be harmed by this policy.

Click Here to Act Now! "

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
Admin
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Oh no, sorry, I've given you permissions for that one now, see if it works and let me know!

Tried again. There's no way that I can see to start a thread. Nothing to click on. And it still says, on the bottom of the page, "You have insufficient privileges to post here."

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    This is what I see. No Post New Thread anywhere.

upload_2020-7-24_5-59-22.png

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    bear with me, asked someone who knows what they're doing to take a look!

Could you just post those threads yourself--you know, copy and paste? Sorry, I have no idea how those things work, just trying to make it easy for everyone.

low_tar_neil

Admin
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    Could you just post those threads yourself--you know, copy and paste? Sorry, I have no idea how those things work, just trying to make it easy for everyone.
    no worries, I've added it now, is it ok? What was the other one?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Tried again. There's no way that I can see to start a thread. Nothing to click on. And it still says, on the bottom of the page, "You have insufficient privileges to post here."
    You may have to do a soft refresh (F5) or a hard refresh (CTRL F5) or maybe even just close your browser and re-open it. (reminds me of a Windows joke I'll probably post later)

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    You may have to do a soft refresh (F5) or a hard refresh (CTRL F5) or maybe even just close your browser and re-open it. (reminds me of a Windows joke I'll probably post later)

Thanks, love, but @low_tar_neil is on it! The first thread has already gone global! :thumbs:

low_tar_neil

Admin
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    Thanks a million!!!! :wub: The House may vote on this bill any day now, so it's very important people see it ASAP!

The other one:

CTA: CASAA Needs Your Help!

Shall we just put the one up for now as it's highly current and will get more eyes on it that way, and we can replace it with that one shortly?

• Agree
    Reactions: Katya

kristin

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    casaa.org
    July 27, 2020
    (via CASAA Twitter @CASAAMedia)

California Call to Action update! Heads Up in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Thanks to CDC, EVALI making a come back. Are you a candidate for vaping research? Wisconsin Department of Revenue clarifies vape tax after lawsuit.

EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN: (HEADS UP!) City council will first read proposed PUBLIC VAPING BAN at next meeting, public hearing and vote will be held in two weeks. These bans are NOT based on science and MISLEAD public to believe vaping is the same as smoking!

Eau Claire group proposes to add vapes, e-cigarettes to indoor smoking ban – WQOW
    BAD PUBLIC HEALTH: Before COVID-19 there was EVALI. Gross negligence by CDC led public to WRONGLY believe nicotine vapor products were cause of lung injuries actually caused by THC vapes tainted with vitamin E acetate. Now EVALI cases are rising again!

Remember Vaping Injuries? They're Climbing Again In Some Places, But Covid-19 Makes Them Harder To Diagnose
    VAPING RESEARCH: Scientists looking for very light or never-smoked vapers to separate health effects of past smoking from claims about vaping. Many of our members may not qualify, but if you might fall under that category, please be sure to participate!

Study Subject | VERITAS COHORT
    CALIFORNIA: (CALL TO ACTION UPDATE!) SB 793, which would ban the sale of vapor products in flavors other than tobacco, is scheduled for a PUBLIC HEARING on 8/4 @ 2pm, Assembly Committee on Health. It is important that CONSUMERS participate in this hearing!

CA - Stop a Statewide Flavor Ban! (Updated)
    WISCONSIN: (UPDATE) DOR clarifies how reversal of budget veto changes VAPE TAX. Legislature intended tax to apply only to devices PRE-FILLED with e-lquid, NOT BOTTLED liquids. However, we suspect it won't be too long before a new vape tax bill is proposed!

full

DOR Supreme Court Ruling on Vapor Products Definition
    If you’re on Facebook, please be sure to join your CASAA state group to help prevent anti-harm reduction laws like these from spreading through the state! Link: CASAA.org - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association
    Join CASAA here: Join CASAA - CASAA
    Find your state info here: Find My State Info - CASAA

Users who are viewing this thread