health aspects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
No silly, wicking and vaping with cotton causes cottonmouth, duh.
cottonmouth-moccasin-snake-istock.jpg

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

When I was a kid my friends and I would go to the Everglades to catch indigo snakes to keep as pets. On one of our excursions one of my friends thought a water moccasin was an indigo. When he caught it, the snake struggled and just barely nicked his forearm. It took us about 30 minutes to reach help and his arm paid the price. The muscle loss and ensuing deformity is still visible to this day and that was almost 40 years ago.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
This is incorrect. "Popcorn lung" is the nickname given to bronchiolitis obliterans, not "lipid pneumonia".
Huh. The theoretical British guy iirc apparently had lipid pneumonia. Reading the WebMD, it sounds like cigarettes would be more likely to cause popcorn lung than ecigs would. Apparently the issue is or was at least in part conflation of paraffin lung and popcorn lung.

This is the problem with trying to remember stuff.

Looks like my data is garbage. OK. ARE there any cases of either problem related or attributed to ecigs at all in the world anywhere ever?

Reactions: Izan

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
ARE there any cases of either problem related or attributed to ecigs at all in the world anywhere ever?

Not that I have ever seen or heard of. Really I think if there had been then ANTZ would be making sure everyone and their dog knew about it.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I figure vaping with cotton is similar to smoking with a filter tip. Just try to avoid burning either. Not at all difficult so........not a problem.
I was thinking more of the fibers released when handling the cotton during wicking. Those stray bits could build up in the lungs, and then, pow! it's just as if you were working in a textile mill with Norma Rae.

ETA: I sure hope no one on the wrong side gets any ideas from this joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: CMD-Ky

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Not that I have ever seen or heard of. Really I think if there had been then ANTZ would be making sure everyone and their dog knew about it.
What chaps my shorts most is the antz are actually working for BT the company they hate most and don’t know it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I was thinking more of the fibers released when handling the cotton during wicking. Those stray bits could build up in the lungs, and then, pow! it's just as if you were working in a textile mill with Norma Rae.

ETA: I sure hope no one on the wrong side gets any ideas from this joke.
Luckily I almost never get jokes. I also don’t know which side I’m the other of so it likely doesn’t matter.

• Agree
Reactions: Nermal

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There is another rumor flying around about vaping causing pneumonia due to the water left in your lungs after vaping. Its supposed to be worse in cold weather too. When people tell me crap like this, it makes me want to blow a HUGE cloud right in their face. I wont do it, but i want to
I got that feeling yesterday too. Folks at a con were vaping and smoking various things including cigarettes in the smoking area while basically hacking their lungs out but they wouldn’t even listen to me at all because they saw the first 3 seconds of a damn puppet commercial. They were even afraid of my vape. Stupid sheep.

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
'Popcorn lung' is propaganda to sow fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) in prospective vapers. Invented by Anti Nicotine and Tobacco Zealots (ANTZ) who want to de-normalize vaping as they did tobacco use. See: Snopes. Diacetyl is an ingredient found in butter flavoring that is safe to eat but not to inhale. Every e-juice manufacturer has already phased it out. And yes, cigarettes contain 700 times more of it than the worse e-juice ever did. There's something similar happening now with ceramic coils and silicosis a.k.a. "miner's lung".

It's par for the course, and not a concern if you see vaping as harm reduction.

There is a crusty old gal where I work too, who says vaping is a great way to get popcorn lung, as she puffs on her cigarettes. :blink: I just smile and say I'm not worried about it.
not so i once knew a man that new someone that had a dog that died from it,, it's real

to make matters worse iv been smoking popcorn all weekend il be next :(

:D :D
:D

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
It could be that the man inhaled deadly second hand diacetyl vape from his vaping dog and expired concurrently with the dog. I don't know but it's a working theory.
RIP girlfriend's cousin's brother's dog and friend. Stories like this are why I can't watch Barbara Walters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread