• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Health Canada starts shutting down E-Cigarette vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both my wife and I are noob vapers. I am 4 weeks analog free now and the more I read the more I get upset at Health Canada and the media for spreading 1/2 truths and lies about vaping. My wife and I offered our support to EndShop and hope she fights this tooth and claw. If it comes to a court battle we have offered donations to help Endshop fight this once and for all.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
It's unbelievable that HC tries to enforce laws that don't even exist.
They're just playing the role of The Central Scrutinizer - a frictional character introduced in the album (rock opera) Joe's Garage, recorded by Frank Zappa in 1979.

PRELUDE

Desperate nerds in high offices all over the world have been known to enact the most disgusting pieces of legislation in order to win votes (or, in places where they don't get to vote, to control unwanted forms of mass behavior).
Environmental laws were not passed to protect our air and water... they were passed to get votes. Seasonal anti-smut campaigns are not conducted to rid our communities of moral rot...they are conducted to give an aura of saintliness to the office-seekers who demand them. If a few key phrases are thrown into any speech (as the expert advisors explain to
these various heads of state) votes will roll in, bucks will roll in, and, most importantly, power will be maintained by the groovy guy (or gal) who gets the most media coverage for his sleaze. Naturally, his friends in various businesses will do okay too.
All governments perpetuate themselves through the daily commission of acts which a rational person might find to be stupid or dangerous (or both).

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet. It is also my responsibility to alert each and every one of you to the potential consequences of various ordinary everyday activities you might be performing which could eventually lead to *The Death Penalty* (or affect your parents' credit rating). Our criminal institutions are full of little creeps like you who do wrong things...

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Greetings Nirothfx; Have you been in touch with End Shop personally?

If there were any sort of legal fund started to help out the vendor, I would definitely contribute -- I don't have bucketloads of money to throw into the pot, but I definitely want to do what I can. If all of us Canadian vapers -- or at least those of us who participate in one of the vaping forums -- kicked in $10 or $20, it might really make a diff. If HC gets stopped legally with this case, you would have to think that it would be reluctant to go after other vendors.

Do you know whether EndShop has a lawyer working on this case?

Regards
Glenn

Both my wife and I are noob vapers. I am 4 weeks analog free now and the more I read the more I get upset at Health Canada and the media for spreading 1/2 truths and lies about vaping. My wife and I offered our support to EndShop and hope she fights this tooth and claw. If it comes to a court battle we have offered donations to help Endshop fight this once and for all.

Katmandu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
This is from The End's facebook page:

I just want to give a HUGE shout out to you all! All of my awesome customers and I don't like calling you customers because to me we're all just a big vape family.

To all of the people who have called, e-mailed and came in offering financial support for a lawyer I am absolutely speechless. At this time I won't be requiring those services but I so deeply appreciate the amazing support I have received from you all. Thank-You.

As I have said to all of the media outlets since I was on CBC Maritime Noon, CBC NEWS at 6, CTV news at 6, New Glasgow News, Pictou Advocate and Chronicle Herald, I am not a criminal, I am just a vaper offering my knowledge to those around me. Vaping is an awesome thing and I love it, some people have stamp collections and love them...and share them and even sell them. We all have our vices.

To the people who called as a group about making a human wall, you are all hilarious I can't believe it. To the other vendors who have contacted me this morning that have all received their cease and desist 'advisories' *high five* together we will make a change. Kudos to you all.

To my awesome friends and family who are helping me whether it be in shop or out of shop, I have mad love for you all. Also, thanks for volunteering your time... you all rock.

Also, thank-you to CBC Maritime Noon, Jack Julian, CTV News, New Glasgow News and Chronicle Hearld and the Pictou Advocate for making sure a positive light was shed on this situation and the fist bumps...they were pretty cool too.

I'm sure the orchestra is trying to play me off of my soap box I just want each and every one of you to know that I deeply appreciate you and you are all the reason why THE END will NOT give up.

Wolffy

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Makes one wonder who at health canada write those letters and send it, knowing full well it's false and misleading. I mean, there' got to be a regular employee writing it and truthfully thinking what it contain is the truth.

I did a Google search using Health Canada and ********* (a major manufacturer of the patch and nicotine gum). One of the results I eventually found eventually led to this page found on Zen E-cigarette's website.
The Thruth about HEALTH CANADA

While no actual 'proof' of coercion is posted, I find it curious that there doesn't seem to be any action by Health Canada to take the page down. I'd place a huge bet on Health Canada knowing about that page.

RaymondK

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
GTA, Canada
www.ezigcan.com
Another Canadian vendor, Northern Vapers, recently received a letter from Health Canada, too. The vendor posted the letter they received and also their response to HC: Health Canada Claims E-Juice with Nicotine is a Drug - Northern Vapers Victoria BC

Kudos to Northern Vapers :)

The HC who wrote the letter didn't recognize her last name should be in Capital. How professional is that!?

The problem I see is the Nicotine. A lot of sites make you sign on before you see the nicotine products, but in NV case, you don't need to do that at all.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
I did a Google search using Health Canada and ********* (a major manufacturer of the patch and nicotine gum). One of the results I eventually found eventually led to this page found on Zen E-cigarette's website.
The Thruth about HEALTH CANADA

While no actual 'proof' of coercion is posted, I find it curious that there doesn't seem to be any action by Health Canada to take the page down. I'd place a huge bet on Health Canada knowing about that page.

wow that's one good article, I get the feeling it's all true, someone should counter-sue HC for trying to sue all of our vendors

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Greetings; What gets me steamed up about this issue is that while HC is going after E-Cig vendors, it appears to be totally inactive when it comes to a far more clear & present danger, namely big tobacco marketing practices aimed at making cigarettes popular among youths. Here's two links related to this issue, the second of which is specific to Canada:

Warning to Parents: How Big Tobacco Targets Kids Today - Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids

Teens & smoking : Canadian Lung Association

Vaping is about adults choosing an alternative to tobacco. If maximizing health and safety among Canadians were really the issues driving HC, then these sleazy youth-directed marketed practices is what should be getting attention.

Regards
Glenn

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
Not sure I agree with all of that regarding tobacco companies targeting kids.

It's got to be the same thing in the rest of Canada but here in Quebec, tobacco company do not advertise in convenience store anymore, smoking products are hidden behind the cashier in shelves that are closed all the time, there's absolutely no logo, stickers, brand name that can be seen, it's been like that for a few years now.

There's no more publicity on TV, in the radio, newspapers it's also against the law and no more publicity in sports event, like you used to see tobacco brands on formula 1 racing car. You saw the latest games? There's now a warning with "Tobacco reference". And it's now quite rare to see people smoke in movies, it's really not like it was like 20-30 years ago where all the actors were smoking in every scene lol

There's not much they can do now in publicity in Canada, the only thing I see are no smoking signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread