Heat Treatment/Torching to Color Stainless Steel and Titanium

Status
Not open for further replies.

SM4ster

Mar 20, 2012
Montreal
Okay guys, we all know SS works perfectly for Heat Coloring.. Now i have a question for you guys about a specific mod i want to do this to.

I have an old Smoktech Telescope (the one that didnt have vent holes at first) in "chrome" small magnets do get a little attracted so i don't know if its some kind of SS or an alluminum or another alloy...

Any advice or info?

Foodacris

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
I thought you guys might want to see why I attempted on my stove. It's a lot more purple than the picture shows. I like it with the brass.

20140226_045536.jpg

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
Did my igo l a few days ago. Brother had me do his nemesis today and nibmus rda

The nemesis came out nice, Nice dark purple/ blue. Has a few spots were it didnt turn the same color but it works with it nice and gives it a cool look.

The nimbus was a fail, think I over heated it or something, just a pale blue and looks ugly

gchirki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Marietta, Ga, USA
Okay guys, we all know SS works perfectly for Heat Coloring.. Now i have a question for you guys about a specific mod i want to do this to.

I have an old Smoktech Telescope (the one that didnt have vent holes at first) in "chrome" small magnets do get a little attracted so i don't know if its some kind of SS or an alluminum or another alloy...

Any advice or info?

i think that might be chrome plated brass. look inside the tube and see if it is a darker color or see if you can tell if it is coated. i wouldnt attempt it if i were you. prolly just burn the crap out of it.

I like to go past gold but I can do a nice gold one too , here is one I did awhile ago , and one launcher the other day
All what you like , I like to do the atomizers too , nice change so you don't have the same one as everyone else , and you get a lot of where did you get that questions , good luck hope you find one you like
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

anybody tried to put the metal in the oven and set it to the desired heat to get a uniformed color?

No I have not tried that and I don't think an oven will get anywhere near hot enough , unless you have a crematorium oven , lol , you have to hit them with some serious heat , like glowing red heat. Here are a few more I have done , I just love the way they come out , I think I will hold a contest for one this month so check it out .
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread