• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Heightened cigarette sensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
Was in the car with the wife heading to wally world yesterday, and as im vaping my pv she fires up an analogue, now i dont say anything because i dont want to pressure her and turn her away from vaping but OMG i couldnt breathe, so disgusting. i found myself trying to hold my breath,:( and hang my head out the window as i am driving.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
God and I used to smell like that. Gags me to think about it. I can smell someone smoking quite far away. Getting up close to someone actively smoking makes my eyes tear up.

The gal at my favorite alterations place is a big smoker and I am going to have to change places. Spent 15 minutes the other day standing above her while she adjusted sleeves on a jacket and the hem of a pair of pants and I could not make myself breathe in until I was about to faint.

weisner

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Costa Mesa, CA
Was in the car with the wife heading to wally world yesterday, and as im vaping my pv she fires up an analogue, now i dont say anything because i dont want to pressure her and turn her away from vaping but OMG i couldnt breathe, so disgusting. i found myself trying to hold my breath,:( and hang my head out the window as i am driving.

We must keep our revulsion to ourselves or become the ... H***S we used to get mad about giving us crap, exaggerated coughing etc.
Let us instead, convert analogue users as best we can and let the rest have their liberty.
Liberty being the primary reason I used to get upset with non-smokers complaining. Actually still bothers me when I witness it.

Just my two cents.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
We must keep our revulsion to ourselves or become the ... H***S we used to get mad about giving us crap, exaggerated coughing etc.
Let us instead, convert analogue users as best we can and let the rest have their liberty.
Liberty being the primary reason I used to get upset with non-smokers complaining. Actually still bothers me when I witness it.

Just my two cents.

I was a subtle as i could be leaning to the right, she (as far i know) is unawares of my reaction. as I said she trying to convert and keeping the pressure to a minimum

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
I find smokers truly do reek and also that I subject myself to smokers more often than not.

Can't stand the stench, the ashes, the sickening filth and tar they leave behind...

BUT I remember how I used to be locked in that prison as well and exactly as they are -- I am a nicotine addict.

Coffee gives people bad breath, yellow teeth, gas, etc. but no one looks down upon it like they do smoking. I still believe if it hadn't been for the anomaly of vaping I would still be a smoker, and that is how it will stay in my thoughts.

These people were us and they are us... We just found a tastier (albeit more tedious and frustrating) habit that makes us smell like our juice and not our butts... I have had people tell me I smell like peaches, waffles, burnt popcorn, caramel corn, or whatever else I am vaping at the time quite frequently.

So perhaps there are second hand effects to our habit that others may not enjoy... Just a thought.

chaseman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Canada
www.reddcigs.com
I find smokers truly do reek and also that I subject myself to smokers more often than not.

Can't stand the stench, the ashes, the sickening filth and tar they leave behind...

BUT I remember how I used to be locked in that prison as well and exactly as they are -- I am a nicotine addict.

Coffee gives people bad breath, yellow teeth, gas, etc. but no one looks down upon it like they do smoking. I still believe if it hadn't been for the anomaly of vaping I would still be a smoker, and that is how it will stay in my thoughts.

These people were us and they are us... We just found a tastier (albeit more tedious and frustrating) habit that makes us smell like our juice and not our butts... I have had people tell me I smell like peaches, waffles, burnt popcorn, caramel corn, or whatever else I am vaping at the time quite frequently.

So perhaps there are second hand effects to our habit that others may not enjoy... Just a thought.

Very well put. This would also speak to the soap-box preachers that believe they are in their right to vape wherever they please.

Respect.

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
SF Bay Area, Sacramento CA
Very well put. This would also speak to the soap-box preachers that believe they are in their right to vape wherever they please.

Respect.

Could not agree more. R E S P E C T is the key, no matter what side, analog or digital. Just like I did not smoke around families and children for instance, I don't vape around them either :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torozzgrl

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Ontario
www.stinkycanuck.com
off gassing! YUCK!!!!!
I can barely stand being near someone who's come in after a smoke at work. I mean I actually DO hold my breath. It's gross. Just plain gross.....and I used to smell like that.
Gives me a whole new appreciation for those that have never smoked. I used to think they wre all nuts. Not anymore.

I can smell it a mile away now! It's not as much as when the person is smoking, it's the crap that clings & smells after a cigarette that makes me gag.

torozzgrl

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Ontario
www.stinkycanuck.com
this can only mean good things :D
I've also noticed I'm a lot more sensitive to perfume now too! I've had to switch to all natural types like lavanilla or essential oils! Of course perfume these days is nothing but poison anyway but still...

I seem to be over sensitive to sulfur and sulfur related smells. Cigarettes, methane, stagnant creek beds. I used to love the smell of fireworks, but they made my eyes water this year! Diesel engines are horrible!

torozzgrl

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Ontario
www.stinkycanuck.com
I know right!! about 3 days into vaping I tried an analog "just to see". OMG....gross cannot describe the taste. One drag and my 'security' pack was tossed out.

I've been vaping for a lil under 48 hours now, still weening myself away from cigs/analogs as you all call them... but omgosh... everytime i try an analog they taste soooooooooooooo nasty

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
We've had friends come over on Fri. nights to play cards for years now. My bud has never smoked and regularly complained about it. He'd leave his coat in the car or douse it with febreeze on his way out the door in the winter.

We set up a small fan to blow the smoke away from him while we play and even though there is now one less smoker in the room on card night, I find it very uncomfortable being in the room with two smokers having a couple toddys and smoking at will.

I hate the thought of me myself becoming one of those "born again" non-smokers but am
seriously thinking of replacing the small fan my buddy currently uses on card nights with a more substantial, industrial type "box" fan.

It truly is an overwhelmingly disgusting atmosphere and have thought of canceling cards on numerous occasions just to avoid it.

I've offered to set-up a couple units with different juices for the ladies, when we play, but that idea was met coolly with disinterest.

I do however plan to set out a couple of units with different cartos/clearos and flavours
anyways in the hopes that they'll feel somewhat obligated to pick them up and at least give them a few tries.

Cigarette smoke truly is very nasty.

Vape on.:vapor::vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread