Hello Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Hello all, although I'm not exactly new to vaping Ive been out of the loop for quite some time. I just recently began vaping again after a nearly three year return to analogs. Allot of my returning to analogs I attribute to a string of extremely stressful life events along with an underlying anxiety disorder I wasn't aware of. I'm currently on week three of not smoking and have no desire to smoke another one of those crap filled paper tubes.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Mostly just dug out the old equipment. I had a Segelei 100 watt+ and two pairs of married batteries already but wasn't really wanting to go back to building coils and dripping constantly. I ended up picking up a Smok Big Baby Beast Tank at a local shop and have been rather impressed with it so far.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
I do believe I'm over the hump, the first week was the hardest so far. I don't have any cravings for cigarettes anymore, even in the presence of smokes, I work with smokers and it doesn't bother me anymore. Although its not exactly Ideal I generally use high nicotine juice in smaller devices at work and sometimes use snus if nicotine cravings are bad but not normally more than one or two pouches a day.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Welcome back. Your story is similar to mine. Was really into vaping 3 or 4 years ago, then smoked again, and started vaping part time again a couple months ago. Part time due to equipment issues, but they’re resolved now so now I’m vaping full time. I wish I just dug out my old equipment from the get go. Instead, I wandered into a vape shop on a whim and bought a $70 paper weight, and THEN I dug out an old mod until I could get a better one.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I do believe I'm over the hump, the first week was the hardest so far. I don't have any cravings for cigarettes anymore, even in the presence of smokes, I work with smokers and it doesn't bother me anymore. Although its not exactly Ideal I generally use high nicotine juice in smaller devices at work and sometimes use snus if nicotine cravings are bad but not normally more than one or two pouches a day.
Welcome back and glad you re joined.
I can see your really into nic, good, you gotta go with what works. Main thing I found is to have fun and don't beat yourself.
If you ever get into RDA's where taste at non sub ohm'g is attractive, might want to look into deep well RDA's.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Welcome back and glad you re joined.
I can see your really into nic, good, you gotta go with what works. Main thing I found is to have fun and don't beat yourself.
If you ever get into RDA's where taste at non sub ohm'g is attractive, might want to look into deep well RDA's.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head when you say I'm really into nic, though my rate of intake has gone down dramatically from three weeks ago when I quit smoking. I had gotten pretty out of control with my smoking, most days I would smoke about a pack or so at work. I was also at the time in a band and would often times smoke a pack or more on top of what I smoked at work on practice nights (three times a week). I also believe that most my failure in my past attempt with vaping was mostly due to cutting my nicotine level at work so dramatically. At home I sub ohm 2-3mg juice, but I have all the time in the world to get my nic fix. At work this its a totally different story I work construction and generally need both of my hands to be free, so it fairly important to have something that will deliver at least a satiating amount of nic in a short amount of time.

Im interested in what your recommendations would be for deep well RDA's would be, though I haven't had allot of luck with the flavor from RDA's above ohm for some reason. I do have a Plume veil clone which has a pretty deep well.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
need both of my hands to be free,
Snus for work may do the trick, and yes, you need your hands/pockets free of vape gear.
re: How Snus Works
Deep wells might not help you because you found sub ohm'g works for you despite the cost. Deep wells shine for taste and not clouds at non sub ohm'g.
As requested:
For Flavor and non sub-ohm:
My Settings:zero nic,single coil (~3.0/6.4-.5w/32ga;4-6 turns;.11ID;Rayon and as much PG as you can stand)
Origen V1 & V3 finned (3 post vert. but use single horizontal.)
Magma (Best all around)
Snapdragon
All above RDA's have one attribute the others lack.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread