Hello All Again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
Thank you all.

It is going to be interesting to see what has happened to the technology since I last had a play.

I guess there is little functionality I could make that has not already been done....

So am wondering what the programming language is in my Elitar.

Maybe I could write a simple menu, or even midify it do allow custom designed waveforms... High pulse for vapour, mid pulse for taste, all part of a single multiplexed waveform.....

If it is C#, I may have to order another one, just in case I brick it.....

Ha, can't believe I am talking like this, about a bloody ecig. They certainly have changed.

Am cycurrenton my way north of the border, so will have 10 mins before I start work to set it up and have a try...

Reactions: Mordacai

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The tank is a Joytech Elitar with a 1.5 ohm atomiser.

New coils have recommended wattage printed (engraved) on them. When in doubt, always start at the lowest recommended wattage and work your way up only if necessary. If I understand it correctly, your device is compatible with different kinds of coils, including TC (nickel and stainless) coil--this coil should be used in TC mode on your mod. The 1.5 coil is probably a Clapton coil (8-20 watts). The .5Ω coil (if stainless steel) can be used in both power and TC mode (15-30 watts).

More information about your pipe and coils (scroll down):

https://www.gearbest.com/mod-kits/pp_592209.html

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Now apparently I can order coils with 0.1 ohm differences.

Those are either TC coils (nickel, titanium--extremely LR wires) or very complex multi-coil atties for DL use.
The last mods had variable airflow, and I seem to be leaning toward a more restricted airflow.

Mods don't come with variable airflow--toppers (tanks) do. You may restrict AF somewhat from the outside, but I suggest you look for tanks specifically designed for MTL, with small center airflow intake holes under the coil (1.2-1.8 mm diameter).

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
I guess the question is not so much about selecting the power level. I think it is more about the benefits of either system.

Irrespective of what power I find best (remember the next options are new), what is the benefit of each option.

So 0.5 ohm resistor at 2.5v (example)
Or
1ohm resistor at 5v.

Both in this example would be 5w....

So does a lower voltage equal more flavour.
Lower current more throat hit?

Otherwise, why the number of options of coil resistance when the device can just be set to give the same wattage regardless?

What is the relationship between resistance and vape characteristics at the same wattage?

Or is it just a way to separate vapers from their money and I just set wattage?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
If I remember rightly, the chap who started the company was a forum member.

He was still making liquid at home back then and used to do a special order for me. Double flavour @ 32mg....

I do forget his name, still a member?

No idea. People who were forum members and started their own juice companies? Don Krom (BWB), Eric (Vapor Station), digimonk2 (Deej's Stuff), Drew (Enhaler).... ?

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
Forgive me if I get words /titles wrong, things are a wee bit different now...

I have to find out names and functions I have never had before, and because I have not been vaping for a long time, and don't even know what it is for.

For example, the current atty has a LVC.

It has taken some effort to find out what it meant, let alone what it did.

Am guessing if I open it fully, I will get more flavour?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I guess the question is not so much about selecting the power level. I think it is more about the benefits of either system.

Irrespective of what power I find best (remember the next options are new), what is the benefit of each option.

So 0.5 ohm resistor at 2.5v (example)
Or
1ohm resistor at 5v.

Both in this example would be 5w....

So does a lower voltage equal more flavour.
Lower current more throat hit?

Otherwise, why the number of options of coil resistance when the device can just be set to give the same wattage regardless?

What is the relationship between resistance and vape characteristics at the same wattage?

Or is it just a way to separate vapers from their money and I just set wattage?

Too many questions. :lol: You're overthinking it a bit. What you want, I guess, is a nice MTL tank (topper). There are many good ones on the market. Tight(er) draw, thinner (higher resistance) wires, low wattage. Many of them come with sub-ohm coils. Some are rebuildable, others have drop-in coils. Trial and error. Watch some YouTube reviews--I find them very helpful. Good luck!

Reactions: Baditude

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Am guessing if I open it fully, I will get more flavour?

If you open what? Airflow control on your device? If so, you'll get more air, not more flavor. If you open liquid valve control, you'll increase juice flow to the coil. Again, it will not affect taste--just eliquid flow.

Reactions: Baditude

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
No idea. People who were forum members and started their own juice companies? Don Krom (BWB), Eric (Vapor Station), digimonk2 (Deej's Stuff), Drew (Enhaler).... ?
The name Drew rings a bell....

Ha, he may remember a slightly crazed English bloke who used to live stream making my mods with loud music. I once spent an entire weekend, from Friday evening to Monday morning, not a wink of sleep, just making my latest mod .

I think the chap who built the GG telescopic was just as fanatical...

But he sold his

Reactions: Katya

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
If you open what? Airflow control on your device? If so, you'll get more air, not more flavor. If you open liquid valve control, you'll increase juice flow to the coil. Again, it will not affect taste--just eliquid flow.

So hotter, higher flow to prevent a dry fire?

And the airflow just to change draw pressure?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So hotter, higher flow to prevent a dry fire?

Hotter? If you're using thick, viscous juices (high VG), you may want to open the juice control valve wider to avoid dry hits.

And the airflow just to change draw pressure?

Yes. If you like a very tight cigalike draw, close the AFC almost all the way. If that's too tight, and you're getting dry hits or "milkshake through a tiny straw" kinda vape, open it up.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The name Drew rings a bell....

Then there was also the famous Nick'O'Teen--he is an English bloke. He owns Decadent Vapours--brilliant guy and a former member of ECF. Great mixologist. I loved his Lotus and Tabs. And Doppio Espresso. And Black Currant. :)

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
So am now confused...

And I am fed up with people telling me what I want....

Let me explain...
Got kit all set up .
Everything as it was, kind of is reminiscent of the old flavour, but not as ruch. It used to feel like I had a mouthful of McDonald's milkshake.

Not the same today.

I went to a local ecig shop who told me that I want high PG...

But that is not what I used to have.

I got told that I don't want to use VG with a 1.8 coil.

But I do, cos that was what I did.

They then told me that the liquid I have IS high PG, cos it it too thin to be VG...

But it looks as I remember it...

So, as you can tell, I have a sweet tooth.

Strawberry milkshake was always my favourite, closely followed by the vanilla custard that (I am sure it was Alien Capes) used to make up for me...

So, requirmentsr are one of the two flavours above, ever so rich flavour and if there is a decent amount of vapour, even better.

I am not a person who likes changing as you can tell, so any advice would be ever so much appreciated.

And my preference has always been high resistance coils.

Can someone please help me find that pleasure atain?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Got kit all set up .
Everything as it was, kind of is reminiscent of the old flavour, but not as rich. It used to feel like I had a mouthful of McDonald's milkshake.

Not the same today....Am just missing that richness of flavour.
I think that perhaps your memory is playing mind games with you.

I went to a local ecig shop who told me that I want high PG...But that is not what I used to have.

I got told that I don't want to use VG with a 1.8 coil. But I do, cos that was what I did.

They then told me that the liquid I have IS high PG, cos it it too thin to be VG...
But it looks as I remember it...So, requirements are are one of the two flavours above, ever so rich flavour and if there is a decent amount of vapour, even better.

I am not a person who likes changing as you can tell, so any advice would be ever so much appreciated. Can someone please help me find that pleasure again?
Not to dismiss your inquiry for help, but I don't think anyone on an internet forum will be able to help you find that pleasure. Everyone here has labored through trial and error to find what works best for them. What works for me may not work for you, and vice versa. Consider vaping as a journey of exploration, not an instant destination.

These might help you on your way:

Also was a big fan of the smooth feeling, more than throat hit....
"Throat hit" is primarily the product of your nicotine concentration. The higher the nic, the more throat hit. The amount of Pg (propylene glycol) in your e-liquid's Pg/Vg ratio also plays a minor role in "throat hit".

In my opinion, a "smooth" vape is the end product of a perfectly set up vape setup with a perfectly mixed recipe of flavors at the right wattage setting. That is a lot of variables to take into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread