Hello All Again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funny you should mention memory ...

It could be a memory issue.....
But also I have thought about the viscosity of the eliquid....

We used to be effectively dripping... Even with the tbag or fish foam as wick, there was not the close tolerance as a modern atomiser. So the liquid could reach the coil, even the high VG liquids.

There is also a bi of prejudice as well I guess. PG used to be seen as chemical... VG was ''''natural'

So I have to forget what I thought I knew...

So my plan is to go for a 50/50, high review custard liquid. And start again.

Reactions: Letitia

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
  • Agree
Reactions: Letitia

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The device I remember being called “the screwdriver” was sold exclusively by totally wicked.

The device I remember as being called the Screwdriver was invented by a clever British modder named Trogg some time in 2008? It was very popular and expensive. Just like the GG and Prodigy and other early mods.

Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The device I remember as being called the Screwdriver was invented by a clever British modder named Trogg some time in 2008? It was very popular and expensive. Just like the GG and Prodigy and other early mods.
May or may not have been the same device. The only vaping website I knew about for a long time was totally wicked. They said it was exclusive. They said a lot of things though.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Trading addictions: the inside story of the e-cig modding scene
"The first Screwdrivers were born out of simple need," says Matt "Mrog" Rogers, when I ask about the inspiration for what is widely considered to be the first true e-cig body mod. "Having tried everything there was to try, all the products were found wanting in some way or the other. Being skilled at tinkering and designing, it was decided to make our own robust devices that were suitable for all-day, everyday use. We found a really strangely shaped flashlight that might make a good donor for the first Screwdrivers. After much tinkering and making of custom parts, the original flashlight housing was turned into an effective e-cig. Physically it rather resembled a screwdriver, and so the name stuck."

Rogers says that after making their first mod, it soon hit them that there might be a lot of vapers who wanted a better e-cig, too. And were they right. Once images of the Screwdriver hit vaping forums, nearly everyone wanted one. So they began to make them for sale -- and as a result, the first real "mod-maker" was born.

I remember seeing pics of The Screwdriver when I first started vaping. I was curious about modding back then. This is a pic similar to the one I saw back in 2014. I knew it was from the early days.

mk1tankscrewdriver1-copy-1.jpg

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
The tank is a Joytech Elitar with a 1.5 ohm atomiser.
The mod is a Joytech Elitar.
Any help would be appreciated because I dare not even press the fire button as I have no idea what settings
Welcome and glad you rejoined.
I like to try to find the lowest watt setting where I can see a thin vape cloud to start out. You may want to start out at 8 watts and test for flavor. If not enough cloud or flavor or both, ramp up to 8.5 watts (9 or 10 watts ). The closer you get to ideal flavor/clouds the shorter the test increments. 8.7,.8 etc...... . Everyone's perfect setting differs with that individuals taste,equipment,flavor used, ambient temperature,etc.... . Their is no perfect same setting each time you vape, normally I'm around +/- 1 watt for my coil/device.
re: BF Clapton-1.5ohm - Joyetech

Reactions: bombastinator

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
It
Welcome and glad you rejoined.
I like to try to find the lowest watt setting where I can see a thin vape cloud to start out. You may want to start out at 8 watts and test for flavor. If not enough cloud or flavor or both, ramp up to 8.5 watts (9 or 10 watts ). The closer you get to ideal flavor/clouds the shorter the test increments. 8.7,.8 etc...... . Everyone's perfect setting differs with that individuals taste,equipment,flavor used, ambient temperature,etc.... . Their is no perfect same setting each time you vape, normally I'm around +/- 1 watt for my coil/device.
re: BF Clapton-1.5ohm - Joyetech
I appreciate tgth every device is different.

My problem has been to find at least a reference point. If I vape from 3v to 5v, the flavour does not change. It does not get richer or get worse.

If I do not even know which way to head, I tried to start at a point i kind of remember.

So it looks like my reference was wrong.

So starting from the beginning.

NIC ordered.

Mums custard ordered

New coils ordered.

New battery charging.

Vape begins again on Monday.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Flashlight mods...
Back then, CR123 and a 510 atty and a switch....
Now, what a choice we have
I own an AltSmoke Silver Bullet. It was one of the first American made mods and one of the first that used an 18650 battery. I always like to show the below video by Grimm Green doing a review of his first impressions of the Silver Bullet. Today, the 18650 battery format is the most popular and universally accepted standard.

Reactions: Katya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread