Hello all, what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
Here ya go:

US Vape Mail Ban - USPS/FedEx/UPS/DHL

Tl;dr, when Congress passed the aid package (the one with our $600 free gibs) back in December they also tied in barring USPS from being able to ship vape mail. FedEx, UPS, etc. quickly followed suit. There are some companies trying to work out alternate shippers, others have simply stopped shipping or gone out of business altogether. The bill passed by Congress also tied vape packages into the PACT Act (you know, for all those pesky kids stealing parent's credit cards to order vape stuff online) requiring adult signature to all vape packages, and also requiring the vendors to report purchases to each state, also there's some ATF involvement in there somewhere, I can't remember all the specifics.

USPS was supposed to issue their final rule regarding this a couple days ago but hasn't yet. Some places are still shipping, I hope you can find what you are looking for.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Be sure to check out your local vape shops, they might have or could get what you need/want. Going forward buying local from vape shops might be the best way to go although there are some bigger vape companies still selling online. The shipping price will be higher because an adult signature will be required for delivery.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This is very concerning, I was a member from long back and now I can not order any more. Can some one please catch me up on all I am missing? I do not want TO EVER BUY CIGGARETTES again. I only do my small evod. I poof a little. Why?

BTW - Take the Rest of the Day Off, and see if you can Find whatever it is that You are Using. Then Buy it. Buy a Lot of it.

Now is Not a Time to Worry about Price.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Also, the Chinese sites, Fasttech, Sourcemore, Health Cabin, etc., are still shipping. However they are taking even longer than usual for shipping and there is a small chance that your package could be confiscated by customs. Small, but real.

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2012
    WI/Boston
    If you want to buy more evod tanks and coils and EVOD batteries, KangerWholesaleUSA.com has that stuff cheap. Free shipping at $75+.
    Thank you UnkleJunkle! I went to the site and It was up and running. I got 125 of my little poof stick coils i put in a charger, $75. I hope it works out. Now I am going to see if I can still get a bottle of Nic. I have not DIY'd for a while. But I know how to.

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2012
    WI/Boston
    BTW - Take the Rest of the Day Off, and see if you can Find whatever it is that You are Using. Then Buy it. Buy a Lot of it.

Now is Not a Time to Worry about Price.
    Hi zoiDman! i remember you too! I have been scambleing to buy what I can find. My next thought is to get a retail license. i know not of what I speak. Darn it! I am going to learn!

Reactions: zoiDman

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Hi zoiDman! i remember you too! I have been scambleing to buy what I can find. My next thought is to get a retail license. i know not of what I speak. Darn it! I am going to learn!

As I have stated many times before, you won't get a vape wholesaler to sell wholesale to you with just a retail license. You'll have to show you are PACT Act compliant to sell tobacco. Also, eventually, you will also have to explain to your state why you have not reported any sales yet you keep buying wholesale tobacco for resale.

Reactions: aubergine

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Hi zoiDman! i remember you too! I have been scambleing to buy what I can find. ...

That's Really the Best Plan.

Focus on getting a Few Bottles of 100mg/ml Nicotine Base in your Freezer. And whatever supplies you Mod/Atomizer needs to work.

So Much has Change lately in the last couple of months. Shipping Restrictions are Bad. So if you can Find It, and if you will use it, Buy It!

Last edited:

aubergine

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 22, 2010
    MD
    I haven't hung out in the forum for years, though I've followed the legal battles since way, way back. Saw this coming with miserable certainty but don't have space or money for much mixing and hardware stock up and never got into building coils and all - just had settled forever into me and a couple of Aegis mods and Nautilus tanks and a few bottles of Ahlusion juice on the shelf (until they folded), as easy and regular and necessary as groceries.
    I've always responded to action calls, have for over a decade, but this squeeze is a long time coming. I was surprised when I popped back in here a few months ago and found it was mostly divided into determined and capable vape survivalists and folks who seemed to have no idea anything was happening. Not much middle ground. I've been mixing my own juices with premix base that I get strong enough to cut, easy peasy, but that'll disappear soon online, too. And maybe there'll be an alternate market findable for regular vaping people without deep connections, who can't blow their food money on a fridge full of bottles, or a legislative wind change (not happening soon), but the industry is basically being slo mo crushed. Even if I could stock up for 2 years it's an end game unless something changes.
    I remember 2008, after chain smoking for decades, when I smoked my last cigarette after 5 hits on a little V4L pen. Pear flavored. It was a complete miracle. For me it was an instant, easy swap, crazy. I'd been devolving into a wheezing wreck, tried everything, the usual story. Everyone in my family quit smoking. Everyone I KNEW quit. And we won those early battles, more or less. Ah, damn it.

I chain vape and my lungs are excellent, I'm fit and healthy at 70. It's not going to be much of a miracle if all that's left in 5 years is a few private vape bunkers with Chinese connections and a metal shop, or whatever crap juice and hardware can be dredged out of the dark web for bitcoin. Hope I figure a way that can work for me as this unfolds. Hope everyone can.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    It's been a wild ride. We found the miracle and the powers that be have fought us tooth and nail to take away the miracle. I have enough to survive thankfully, I always shopped online, I have never been into a Vape shop, but maybe now I will? It looks like all most vape shops carry is pods now tho. Are we the old ones now with mods & tanks? I still have cartos and carto tanks LOL It has been such a journey. Just get as much as you can now while you can.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    ...don't have space or money for much mixing and hardware stock up...I chain vape

In terms of juice, there always this alternative: PG, VG and flavors should be available no matter what as long as flavor vendors conduct their business with at least half a brain, so you can always mix 0mg juice and vape that to satisfy your hand-to-mouth/act-of-smoking addiction, then use nicotine gums and lozenges to satisfy your nicotine addiction. Being a fellow chain vaper myself, I'm willing to bet that you are mostly addicted to the act of the habit much more than the nicotine. If I'm right, it's not like you'd be sucking on a nicotine lozenge or chewing nicotine gum all day.

Is that ideal? Nope. But it's a solution that will allow you to vape your preferred DIY juice and may be cheaper than buying juice at a local vape shop, depending on how many lozenges you need to consume in a day.

Of course, you can always buy juice at a local vape shop, but as you know that's expensive and these days it seems that you may have to settle for vaping 70VG (or higher VG) juice if you want freebase juice, and if you want 50/50 juice you have to go with nic salt juice. But regardless you are limited to what they sell in terms of PG/VG ratio, flavors and nic strength. And of course, there's the deeming regulations issue which, IMHO, come September there will be very little choices of legal liquid on the market, if any at all.

In terms of hardware, well, you already know there's no easy solution there except to stockpile large amounts of coil heads or use rebuildables. If you are physically able to rebuild, I would highly suggest that you try to buy a rebuildable tank that suits your vaping style and start learning to use it. Being that you use a nautilus, you should try to get yourself and MTL RTA, like an Innokin Ares 2 or Ares 2 LE (same RTA, just different look). The D24 (24mm version) would be better IMHO. Buy 2 if you can.

• Agree
    Reactions: MLEJ

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    I haven't hung out in the forum for years, though I've followed the legal battles since way, way back. Saw this coming with miserable certainty but don't have space or money for much mixing and hardware stock up and never got into building coils and all - just had settled forever into me and a couple of Aegis mods and Nautilus tanks and a few bottles of Ahlusion juice on the shelf (until they folded), as easy and regular and necessary as groceries.
    I've always responded to action calls, have for over a decade, but this squeeze is a long time coming. I was surprised when I popped back in here a few months ago and found it was mostly divided into determined and capable vape survivalists and folks who seemed to have no idea anything was happening. Not much middle ground. I've been mixing my own juices with premix base that I get strong enough to cut, easy peasy, but that'll disappear soon online, too. And maybe there'll be an alternate market findable for regular vaping people without deep connections, who can't blow their food money on a fridge full of bottles, or a legislative wind change (not happening soon), but the industry is basically being slo mo crushed. Even if I could stock up for 2 years it's an end game unless something changes.
    I remember 2008, after chain smoking for decades, when I smoked my last cigarette after 5 hits on a little V4L pen. Pear flavored. It was a complete miracle. For me it was an instant, easy swap, crazy. I'd been devolving into a wheezing wreck, tried everything, the usual story. Everyone in my family quit smoking. Everyone I KNEW quit. And we won those early battles, more or less. Ah, damn it.

I chain vape and my lungs are excellent, I'm fit and healthy at 70. It's not going to be much of a miracle if all that's left in 5 years is a few private vape bunkers with Chinese connections and a metal shop, or whatever crap juice and hardware can be dredged out of the dark web for bitcoin. Hope I figure a way that can work for me as this unfolds. Hope everyone can.
    Well, we joined the same month! And, since January 2010, I've taken a few years-long breaks from ECF, just coasting along on info gained here and not spending a lot of time concerned about vaping, after finding what works for me. Hanging around these parts can be pricey...tempting you to buy stuff you don't actually need (shinyitis). The first quarter of this year got me stocking up again, although I already sat on a pretty respectable stack. I decided to set in a lifetime supply, which is much easier at our age than it would be for a young person to do.
    I'm 67, and it seems we've shared tastes for at least some of our hardware history. How (not) funny it is that this prohibition has come around due to zealots and the industries that see financial loss from competition with the vaping industry; while claiming they're only interested in protecting kids.

Last edited:

aubergine

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 22, 2010
    MD
    In terms of juice, there always this alternative: PG, VG and flavors should be available no matter what as long as flavor vendors conduct their business with at least half a brain, so you can always mix 0mg juice and vape that to satisfy your hand-to-mouth/act-of-smoking addiction, then use nicotine gums and lozenges to satisfy your nicotine addiction. Being a fellow chain vaper myself, I'm willing to bet that you are mostly addicted to the act of the habit much more than the nicotine. If I'm right, it's not like you'd be sucking on a nicotine lozenge or chewing nicotine gum all day.

Is that ideal? Nope. But it's a solution that will allow you to vape your preferred DIY juice and may be cheaper than buying juice at a local vape shop, depending on how many lozenges you need to consume in a day.

Of course, you can always buy juice at a local vape shop, but as you know that's expensive and these days it seems that you may have to settle for vaping 70VG (or higher VG) juice if you want freebase juice, and if you want 50/50 juice you have to go with nic salt juice. But regardless you are limited to what they sell in terms of PG/VG ratio, flavors and nic strength. And of course, there's the deeming regulations issue which, IMHO, come September there will be very little choices of legal liquid on the market, if any at all.

In terms of hardware, well, you already know there's no easy solution there except to stockpile large amounts of coil heads or use rebuildables. If you are physically able to rebuild, I would highly suggest that you try to buy a rebuildable tank that suits your vaping style and start learning to use it. Being that you use a nautilus, you should try to get yourself and MTL RTA, like an Innokin Ares 2 or Ares 2 LE (same RTA, just different look). The D24 (24mm version) would be better IMHO. Buy 2 if you can.

And hi Zoidman! You were always one of my favorites.

• Love
    Reactions: zoiDman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread