Hello all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolboy2000

Feb 19, 2011
philippi, W.Va.
Just joined the forum as i am trying to get off analogs and possibly quit all together. But one thing at a time right? But i thought i would say hello to all and hopefully you can help me in making a choice on my first E-Cig. I won't post any questions here as i know you have the veteran section for that. Anyways hopefully soon i will vaping instead of smoking.

foggy1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
S F Bay Area
Welcome to ECF .. post your questions right here cuz there are others starting out that will wonder too.
It would help us to help you if we knew how much of what type smokes you are using now.
Most of us wanted something that looked and tasted like what we are used to as a beginning,
these are never going to be exactly like sucking an anolog, but can be better !
Be prepared for a whole new experience and a big change in tastes. Enjoy the journey. :+)

GaryR

Feb 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
Toolboy,
Welcome and best of luck in stopping smoking. You're getting some great advice from the seasoned members here. As a fellow newbie, my advice is to do a lot of reading before you buy and you will save yourself a lot of money. For example, if you are a heavy smoker like me, you'll probably need something with a large battery, refillable cartridges and stronger nicotine e-liquids. If you only smoke a few cigs a day, you may do very well with a two-piece e-cig and disposable cartridges. Because of my high nicotine replacement needs, I had to go with the heavy-duty stuff, but going from 2-3 packs a day to zero in a couple of days with a 50 year history is nothing short of a miracle!

Hrtbrkr1965

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Indiana
Hi and welcome to ECF! This is the section to ask starting off questions! Alot of the Vets comb these posts trying to help people new to vaping get there 1st purchase right!
Just give us an idea of what your smoking life is like! How long have you smoked? What brand do you smoke? How much a day? Does your PV have to look like a cigarette or is bigger better? Any other info you can add is a plus!

Desert Rat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Daggett Ca.
Hello; Tool, You will find this forum to be your best asset to getting smoke free. The people are amazing willing to help, after all we were all right where you are looking for answers. I started at the mall, paid to much found ECF and haven't looked back. Don't get discouraged I smoked for 49 years haven't had an analog for 4 months will never go back. It took 6 weeks to totally leave analogs be hind. If you are handy you can build your own real cheep check out the Puck on the modders forum.

toolboy2000

Feb 19, 2011
philippi, W.Va.
Thanks for the warm welcome and advice all. And yes Gary that is very impressive after that much time with analogs. I am reading/watching allot of info. as im the type that wants to get the most from his money and at the same time not trying to break my wallet as there are many E-Cigs on the market. Thanks for the info. thus far. As far as a smoker, i smoke currently about a pack a day, sometimes more sometimes less. Pall Mall full flavored is what im smoking now but thats due to them being cheap and still have descent flavor. Previously i smoked Marlboro full flavored and Camel full flavored. I will continue to read and research. I'm slow at making a choice but thats just good sense to me as i usually do get my bang for the buck.

GaryR

Feb 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
Toolboy,
You're wise to take your time. Think our all your personal situations at home and work, and what you can use and be comfortable with. I work out of my home and travel to my jobs, so I use something I can cope with both here, while driving, on my job sites and in a motel. Between the Joye eGo 510 and eGo-T systems and plenty of batteries, chargers and juice, I have both my wife and myself covered. They look more like a weird cigar instead of a cigarette.

The way I looked at this situation is that I was spending around $100 per week on cigarettes, so I can afford to invest that into e-cigs and juice, and it does not just go up in smoke except for the inexpensive juice!

Like me, you may be disappointed in the flavor and aroma of electronic cigs and I sometimes miss that real tobacco aroma. You probably will find the juice names are almost meaningless because none of them are like they names, such as Marlboro, Camel, etc., at least for me. Many of them have a sweet, caramel-like aroma. However, you'll find something that will work for you with patience. Once you've picked your e-cig, I suggest ordering as many liquid samples as you can afford but in small bottles. Just don't let your supply run out once you've started and buy larger bottles once you've made your choices. The 30mL bottles last a long time, about the equivalent of 1.5 cartons of regular cigarettes.

Here's another good primer on vaping (in six parts) and it gives you good rules of thumb on liquid usage: Help and Advice with E-cigs

GR

toolboy2000

Feb 19, 2011
philippi, W.Va.
Well i know its been a long while since i posted but i FINALLY got me an eGo-T e-cig. Its only been the 2nd day but i find myself reaching for it 95 % of the time over the left over analogs and im not even trying i just prefer the e-cig for some reason. I am very pleased so far. The flavor is not as strong as is an issue with this model but i do love the throat hit it gives. Maybe experimenting with some other juices might help this problem a little, but still a small price to pay for the benefits over analog. Thank you all again for this site and the useful information. Now back to my coffee and e-cig :)

diaboliko

Moved On
Nov 24, 2010
italy
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: spamming
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread