Hello And question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RecreationalVaper

Dec 8, 2019
Hello guys, I am new here and would like to say hello and thankyou for the community.
I am not a huge vaper but do enjoy it recreationally.
If i may ask question here regarding my setup and a issue ive had it would make my vaping experience so much better.

So I had a nice mod many years ago and with how much vaping has grown and the technology has changed i noticed how much cheaper is has goten and better and decided to get one a bit cheaper but with more features.
I upgraded to a reukeaux rx200 and was using a nautalis tank.
The tank broke but i had no problems with it and after trying to find something better and newer i got a uwell crown 4 tank. Once i recieved it i noticed it did not fit my reuleaux and was unable to find a adapter for it.

So i bought a new mod from uwell to go with the uwell tank.
The problem i had after some use was that the tank would drip liquid all over me.
Ive tried looking at how to fix it and still had the same problem no matter if i chaged the coil and made sure the gaskets were tight.

It really takes the enjoyment away when i have juice driping all my hands and cloth.

So I been looking some more and seen some tanks with air flow from the top and thought it would help prevent the leaking.

I mainly wanted to ask for recomendations on what tank are good and if there are any adapters for using a nautilis with my uwell?

Thanks

RecreationalVaper

Dec 8, 2019
Welcome to ECF, RecreationalVaper. If you are building your coils, it sounds like a bit more cotton may help. I'm sure you will get some more responses as to what adapter you may need.
I like simplicity and i enjoy the basics, but wouldnt mind if it helped, it seems more of a tank issue, So i dont think ill be interested in making coils.

are you building coils?
No i am not, Just using the setup i listed, those are the only mods and tanks i have.
Im just looking for another tank that wont leak, and am thinking the airflow being on top rather then on the bottom would help with the leaking?
Im also wondering If there are any adapters that would make these tanks compatible with each other?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello guys, I am new here and would like to say hello and thankyou for the community.
I am not a huge vaper but do enjoy it recreationally.
If i may ask question here regarding my setup and a issue ive had it would make my vaping experience so much better.

So I had a nice mod many years ago and with how much vaping has grown and the technology has changed i noticed how much cheaper is has goten and better and decided to get one a bit cheaper but with more features.
I upgraded to a reukeaux rx200 and was using a nautalis tank.
The tank broke but i had no problems with it and after trying to find something better and newer i got a uwell crown 4 tank. Once i recieved it i noticed it did not fit my reuleaux and was unable to find a adapter for it.
Both tanks and the mods use a 510 threaded connection.
They should all be interchangeable with no need for any adapters.
510.jpg

So i bought a new mod from uwell to go with the uwell tank.
The problem i had after some use was that the tank would drip liquid all over me.
Ive tried looking at how to fix it and still had the same problem no matter if i chaged the coil and made sure the gaskets were tight.

It really takes the enjoyment away when i have juice driping all my hands and cloth.

So I been looking some more and seen some tanks with air flow from the top and thought it would help prevent the leaking.

I mainly wanted to ask for recomendations on what tank are good and if there are any adapters for using a nautilis with my uwell?

Thanks

Where are you located?
Do you have a vape shop local to you?
Which Uwell mod did you buy?
It too should be 510 threaded and should be compatible with almost every tank on the market currently.
Why do you believe you need an adapter?

Cheers
I

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
As UncleJunkle said you can buy replacement glass for a Nautilus Mini - but you can also buy replacement tops with a metal lattice jacket which does help if you drop the thing.

There is also another metal coated replacement top tank but it does have unfortunate phallic shaped sight glass cut outs which give it its nickname, at least in the UK.

I use the lattice ones - here's a pic

Monday.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I can see no reason why the RX200 and Nautilus don't connect for you. Both are 510 threaded (male and female). Please try to explain why they are not connecting.

A top airflow clearomizer tank should be much less likely to leak than a bottom airflow tank, just because of gravity. However, even your bottom air tank shouldn't be leaking that much.

Either you are misthreading the coil during insertion or the coil is becoming "flooded", possibly from too strong of a draw when you vape. Try a more gentle draw technique.

If the juice you are using is on the thin side (higher pg ratio), you may want an e-liquid that is more on the thicker side (higher vg ratio).

The Nautilus tank is known as a MTL (mouth-to-lung) style tank, and requires a gentle draw technique similar to a cigarette. If you find you prefer to use a stronger draw (direct-to-lung) style, you'll probably do better with a DTL style tank.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Last edited:
  • Agree

RecreationalVaper

Dec 8, 2019
Thanks for all the replys, I was out for the week and just got back.
I was about to take a picture of the threads, and turns out they are both the same.
I just realized but i had to put a lot of down pressure for the uwell crown tank on the reuleaux but it does fit.
The only issue im having then is the tank keeps leaking.
I dont take huge drags but i do leave it on the shelf sometimes for extended periods of time and the juice seems to go down, so im thinking it gets sucked thru the cotton and then leaks when i take drags. But sometimes after i take it apart only shortly after it starts to leak. So im going to have to find another tank.
The eliquid i am using now is 100% vg.
I will have to look up some of the self contained (all in one) units you guys mentioned.
But i would still like to find another tank.
Is there any advantages and disadvantages to top airflow clearomizer tank compared to a bottom airflow?
And do you guys have any recommendations for a top airflow as that is what i kinda was thinking of getting and trying out ?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I can see no reason why the RX200 and Nautilus don't connect for you. Both are 510 threaded (male and female). Please try to explain why they are not connecting.

A top airflow clearomizer tank should be much less likely to leak than a bottom airflow tank, just because of gravity. However, even your bottom air tank shouldn't be leaking that much.

Either you are misthreading the coil during insertion or the coil is becoming "flooded", possibly from too strong of a draw when you vape. Try a more gentle draw technique.

If the juice you are using is on the thin side (higher pg ratio), you may want an e-liquid that is more on the thicker side (higher vg ratio).

The Nautilus tank is known as a MTL (mouth-to-lung) style tank, and requires a gentle draw technique similar to a cigarette. If you find you prefer to use a stronger draw (direct-to-lung) style, you'll probably do better with a DTL style tank.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

If OP meant an RX200 mine had a wonky 510 that wouldn't read half my tanks. It was great for a few months but then had chip overheating and 510 problems.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks for all the replys, I was out for the week and just got back.
I was about to take a picture of the threads, and turns out they are both the same.
I just realized but i had to put a lot of down pressure for the uwell crown tank on the reuleaux but it does fit.
The only issue im having then is the tank keeps leaking.
I dont take huge drags but i do leave it on the shelf sometimes for extended periods of time and the juice seems to go down, so im thinking it gets sucked thru the cotton and then leaks when i take drags. But sometimes after i take it apart only shortly after it starts to leak. So im going to have to find another tank.
The eliquid i am using now is 100% vg.
I will have to look up some of the self contained (all in one) units you guys mentioned.
But i would still like to find another tank.
Is there any advantages and disadvantages to top airflow clearomizer tank compared to a bottom airflow?
And do you guys have any recommendations for a top airflow as that is what i kinda was thinking of getting and trying out ?
Almost all drop in tanks will leak if not used for days, turn it upside down on a paper towel when not in use. A top air tank will flood with the same type of vape habits. This tank is compatible with your nautilus coils I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread