Hello and recommend me a first ecig < 100 AUD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzzzz

Sep 2, 2016
Mega has a 26650 battery option. Potentially 4,500mAh vs 2,500mAh (18650).

So these batteries in serial have a greater capacity, less recharging. But High school physics is coming back to me now, wouldnt they be capable of greater power ie voltage as well?

I see the MEGA may indeed be the way to go (once I confirm it comes with Melo tank, and work out if the 4ml is compatible with the coils posted above)

Each question begets another: I read that 18650 is more common than 26650 so might be more compatible with future builds. Care to weigh in on this?

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
So these batteries in serial have a greater capacity, less recharging. But High school physics is coming back to me now, wouldnt they be capable of greater power ie voltage as well?

I see the MEGA may indeed be the way to go (once I confirm it comes with Melo tank, and work out if the 4ml is compatible with the coils posted above)

Each question begets another: I read that 18650 is more common than 26650 so might be more compatible with future builds. Care to weigh in on this?

Yes. 2 batteries does exactly that. Longer life or more power (V/W).
26650s come and go. I would call them 'rare' but logically thinking the size and form may well be better than 2 x 18650s. I've not seen much in that size (26650) for a while. The Mega offers both options and might get a big following over the next few months, I guess. Availability/quality of batteries has kept most folk on 18650s. Hard to judge really. The shape of the mod might put me off on all honesty.

Reactions: Vapntime

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Seems nice, but I was reading and learning that the MELO included with the last pico is a big part of the plus for this kit.

Edit: Fasttech dont specify that the Mega is still with MELO tank. But a youtube reviewer says it is. I'm pretty keen on the Melo. Can anyone confirm the Mega is bundles with Melo 3, just 4ml instead of 2 ml?

Also, will this fit both the 4ml and 2ml tanks?
Coils: $8.62 Authentic Eleaf MELO Replacement EC Coil Head (5-Pack) - 0.5ohm (30-100W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Yep the tanks are the same just hold different amounts (coils are the same). The 4ml is handy because you won't be refilling after every vape session. The rest djsvapour has covered. I have the 75W original with a 4ml melo 3 tank and its great. I am planning on buying the mega as well with another 4ml melo 3. Remember it takes one 18650 or one 26650.

Reactions: djsvapour

Ozzzzz

Sep 2, 2016
(coils are the same).
Cheers! Righto I'm sold on the mega.

I have a query with fasttech support re batteries but I expect others previous post re can't ship batteries. will go with Banggood as alternative.

What an awesome forum. Quick turnaround, super active, knowledgeable members, I hit the jackpot.

Reactions: djsvapour

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Yea it sucks that fasttech can't ship batteries to Australia at the moment, however I did get an email today from them stating they were looking for other options. I ordered yesterday from banggood :p got a shipping notice today. From all reviews they seem to be fine, it will take a little longer to get the batteries though. There are some Aussie Vape sites that do sell them, they are about double the price though.

Anyway, these are the batteries I am buying. Both batteries are recommended by Mooch the ECF guru of battery knowledge :)
2PCS INR18650-30Q 3000mah 20A Power Li-ion Battery for Samsung
2pcs Basen BS26003 26650 4500mah 3.7V 60A Unprotect Flat Top Rechargeable Li-ion Battery

Ozzzzz

Sep 2, 2016
Roger that. Broken English reply from the support at fasttech essentially said if there is no shipping option listed that means they can't ship the batteries. I'm pretty sure that's what they meant anyway.

To be honest I would rather not risk package being delayed, will get the batteries elsewhere.

Will report back when I have this all up and running. Haven't ordered yet, my mate is now adding things to my basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread