Status
Not open for further replies.

jakerock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Brooklyn, NY`
Hey all....
I asked a friend about his "weird looking cigarette" a week ago, and I have been vaping for the last 6 days.
Stopped the 'analogs' three days ago and dont miss them, obviously a familiar tale around here.

Spending way too much time learning all I can about this and vaping on the 808's that I bought.
I feel like the dude who's first car was a cadillac, but I also just ordered a Maxi RoughStack mod (setup for 3.7) today... reallly excited to see what that is like compared to the 808's that I am already enjoying the hell out of.

I am very surprised that there is only one "kiosk style" retailer here in New York City. I thought you could get pretty much anything you could think of here. I suppose that as much of an opportunity it might be to open a place here, it is a bit risky as there is an attempt to ban e-cigs afoot.

Well, glad to be here... better late than never I suppose!
Warm regards, Jake

Sheyna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi, Jake. Welcome to ECF.

Your attitude is amazing. For a lot of us, giving up the stinkies was an easy path, and a whole lot more fun.

There are a lot of great people fighting the efforts of the "outsiders" to interfere with our chosen lifestyle. The more who speak up, the stronger the grassroots effort, and successful results, will be.

The masses can work miracles.

You ordered a popular 3.7 mod. It will be like day and night, not only more power, but how long they will last between charges. Although, I still have my original 808s, and for the short time they hold charge, I still think they're pretty dang good when I'm waiting for something to charge (and forgot to charge everything).

Be sure to try out reg and low resistance cartos and attys. Some juices need a bump of power with the low resistance, and some do fine with regular. You will also enjoy the ability to drip into attys to test juices before you dedicate a carto to that juice.

Don't hesitate to ask questions. This place is loaded with super-great people, and answers are rarely elusive.

Last edited:

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
I'm sure you'll have fun with it, bet you never thought quitting smoking would be fun.

I don't know if I'd say you could get anything in New York, they seem to be more strict about everything. I think major cities in California are most liberal when it comes to "getting stuff" in general. It seems most of the vaping supplies I buy come from Florida. I think there's one shop in my town that carries e-cig stuff, but I haven't been to it.

jakerock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Brooklyn, NY`
Welcome Jakerock! Congratulations on quitting the nasty-sticks! I quit em on my 3rd day of vaping too. All of the forum suppliers are pretty tried and true, I don't think you can go wrong with any of 'em. :)

Thanks Matt... Funny though, I didnt really intend to quit the tobacco. Just like the vaping experience so much better. Regular smokes just taste bad. I say that after 25+ years of a pack a day!

jakerock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Brooklyn, NY`
Hi, Jake. Welcome to ECF.

You ordered a popular 3.7 mod. It will be like day and night, not only more power, but how long they will last between charges. Although, I still have my original 808s, and for the short time they hold charge, I still think they're pretty dang good when I'm waiting for something to charge (and forgot to charge everything).

Be sure to try out reg and low resistance cartos and attys. Some juices need a bump of power with the low resistance, and some do fine with regular. You will also enjoy the ability to drip into attys to test juices before you dedicate a carto to that juice.

Don't hesitate to ask questions. This place is loaded with super-great people, and answers are rarely elusive.

Thanks so much!
And with regard to the gear you mentioned... I am in hog heaven because I really like to "mess with stuff" and theres plenty to mess with in vaping I think!

Looking forward to this!

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Its profoundly strange to think that I sort of didn't know how bad they tasted for a quarter of a century! Heh.

That's the addiction overriding our taste buds. After quitting, even being around a smoker, I about gag. Unfortunately, I can't get all of my friends to switch but I keep working on them. Glad to hear that you did it and have joined us. It's amazing just how fast you start to feel better...at least to me it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread